KPMG

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at KPMG.

Interview Details Applied through on campus and got a First Interview. Interview went well (as least I thought it did) but I received a rejection letter the next day. Seemed a little turned off that I was new to the accounting field, but arent internships meant for learning? A lot of fake smiles in that place.

Interview Question – Behavioral Questions.   Answer Question

Audit Internship Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at KPMG.

Interview Details As with most internship interviews, the first round of interview was on campus and the second round, at their office.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions:
- Why did you choose accounting?
- How do you work in teams?
  Answer Question

Audit Internship Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG in November 2011.

Interview Details Submitted my resume and cover letter through my University's career page. Received an e-mail a week later from HR directing me to KPMG's website to fill out an on-line application. I was called a few days later to schedule an on-campus interview. A week later, I was interviewed 1:1 by a Senior Manager on campus. I was asked typical behavioral questions. I was told that I would hear back about their decision from within 2 weeks and got a generic rejection email 2.5 weeks later.

Interview Question – How would you describe success?   Answer Question

Seattle, WA (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at KPMG in October 2011.

Interview Details Applied online through my schools career site for a summer audit internship. Had an on campus interview about 2 weeks after the deadline. Pretty basic interview. Just asked questions about my resume and almost no behavioral questions. Interview was very friendly and easy to have a conversation with. Ended up not getting a second interview but still an ok experience.

Interview Question – What were the everyday tasks at your last internship?   Answer Question

Mountain View, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG in March 2011.

Interview Details The first interview was on-campus and was with a partner or manager from the firm. They responded the next week with an offer to join them for a second round interview called the "inside look" program. That program was about 1 and 1/2 days. They completely accommodate you with transportation and hotel, and dinner the first night is a big social with partners and other candidates at the hotel. The next day consisted of two interviews, team building activities, lunch, and presentations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No, negotiating phase. They'll make you an offer if they really want you the night after your interview!

Richmond, VA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG in September 2010.

Interview Details There was a nice reception the evening before the interview. There were many recruiters there, including my interviewer and one partner. I obtained more information about the internship and theoffice at which I want to work by talking with my interviewer. Also I learned more about the specific I expect to do for the internship from other interns who had worked at KPMG last summer. For the interview, basically, my interviewer and I went through my resume together. And he asked me some behavioral questions, but no technical question.

Interview Question – Describe an instance when you had to think on your feet to remove yourself from a difficult situation.   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG in October 2010.

Interview Details They recruited on my college campus, i went through the on campus recruiting process with the first round interview. Got an offer for their superday, called Inside Look. The superday was a full day program but with only 1 interview. the morning was spent learning about company and at night there was a net working event with free drinks.

Interview Question – What is the most important quality you see in an accountant?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Still deciding on the offer.

Audit Internship Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at KPMG in October 2009.

Interview Details I got a call from a recruiter about my application on the campus website. Then, I got an email requesting that I schedule an interview time slot. I had one interview with a manager from KPMG who attended my school. Interview was very laid back and all questions were typical behavioral ones. I got a call from HR at the end of the week inviting me to onsite interview. I met with two partners and the interview was more conversational and very little questions were asked.

Interview Question – What are your strengths?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at KPMG

Worked for KPMG? Contribute to the Community!

KPMG Videos

KPMG – Why Work for Us?

Careers with KPMG From career development to global opportunities, KPMG helps connect you to a variety of ways to build the career you've always wanted. You've worked hard. You've planned well. You've developed your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KPMG Audit Internship interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by KPMG employees and interview candidates.