KPMG US

Average Difficulty
36 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Grand Rapids, MI (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in November 2011.

Interview Details The recruiters are great at keeping in contact with you throughout the process but it takes a LONG time. Even after a job offer is extended to you make sure all your ducks are in a row before you give notice to your current employer. Things can get pushed out depending on when they need you.

Interview Question – What technical experience do you have that would best serve our clients needs?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation. I tried and got shot down. Ultimately it was more than I was currently making so I accepted. But substantial raises are hard to come by so knowing that now I wish I had tried harder.

New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in January 2014.

Interview Details I went in for one interview. It was with two different employees, one was a director and the other was a managing director. There was a group of 4 people from my college who all interviewed the same day. Each interview was about a half hour, back to back. Got an email two weeks later that I unfortunately I would not be receiving an offer.

Interview Question – Asked to talk about a paper I had written in school; hadn't written a paper in over a year so had to wrack my brain.   Answer Question

Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2014.

Interview Details Interviewed on campus, was invited to the inside look program in Houston. Flew down the day of and it started with a meet and greet reception the first night. Next day was spent at the office and every candidate had 2 interviews. Went out to lunch afterwards and then to the airport to go home

Interview Question – If I was to talk to your friends and co-workers, what would they say your weaknesses are?   Answer Question

Advisory Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in May 2013.

Interview Details I was recruited out of school. It was the most straight forward process ever. They just ask you to sign up, come ot the office, and interview with two people. The only thing that did not work well was that they have a very extensive background check. They found an offense on my record that was a civil ordanance; this was a month before I started. They made me explain the offence and then was told that I could possibly lose my offer.

Interview Question – Name a time where you had to deal with a teammate that was not doing his job   Answer Question

Washington, DC (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2010.

Interview Details I was hired through campus hiring. This consisted of the following steps
1. Submitting Resume for On Campus Interview
2. First round of interviews On Campus with a partner
3. Invitation for Office interviews.
4. Pre-interview dinner with partners and managers
5. 3-4 Office interviews with Partners and Managers
6. Wait until you hear the word!

Interview Question – The interviews are almost completely behavioral, and very basic business interview questions. They mostly wanted to see if I was generally competent/intelligent, and pleasant to be around.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. All new hires came in on the same salary.

Advisory Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details Interviewed with the Federal Practice. I interviewed with HR staff and then senior management. Everyone was very nice and the interviews were straightforward. I was mostly asked questions about my understanding of the industry. No case studies, etc., they were more interested in my background and my ability to contribute to the work that they were currently doing. Some behavioral questions - greatest strength, how do you handle a difficult client, etc.

Interview Question – None - wasn't a difficult interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Tiny bit of room for negotiation, but don't make ridiculous demands, as you typically need KPMG more than they need you.

Interviewed at KPMG US

Interview Details First contacted by campus recruiter. Following those conversations, a 1 hour phone interview with a Manager. Didn't hear anything for 2 weeks, then was invited to an office interview. The visit lasted for the morning. 3 interview - 2 directors and 1 managing director, each about 1/2 hour, followed by lunch with staff.

Interview Question – How many gallons of gas are in cars in the US?   Answer Question

Advisory Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details There were 2 rounds for hiring process. The 1st round interview was short 30 minute interview. The questions were mostly behavioral and asked questions about my experiences on my resume. Before the interview, there was pre-interview session at a local restaurant/ bar. I really disliked it because it was very unorganized and it was very hard to find your interviewer.

Interview Question – If you are asked to improve efficiency of a department, what steps would take?   Answer Question

Interviewed at KPMG US

Interview Details Two rounds of interviews with multiple people from various groups. If on campus recruiting, the meet and greet sessions are meant to be informal and provide an opportunity to network to get a better feel of the firm, practices, etc.

Standard interview questions: tell me about yourself/walk me through your resume, why do you want to work for KPMG, behavioral questions, etc

Interview Question – Tell me about a time in which there was direct conflict with your manager/supervisor and how you managed the situation.   Answer Question

Advisory Associate

I interviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

Interview Details I was scheduled to interview at the "Inside Look" program they held over a two day span (Th/F). After checking in to the hotel, I waited (somewhat awkwardly) in the lobby with the rest of the interviewees (none of us were sure if we were in the right spot, but we figured the company would notice if 20+ candidates were missing) until representatives from the company showed up. We were taken on a tour of the office, and were then provided with snacks, drinks, and a chance to mingle with current KPMG employees.

After the mingling was finished (it lasted about an hour), we were taken to dinner at a snazzy restaurant, where we were able to continue speaking with KPMG employees (as well as other candidates) that were in our relative fields (i.e. MC Technology, Tax, Audit, Strategies & Operations, etc). When the meal was finished we were taken back to the hotel and had the evening to ourselves.

The following morning we were taken to the office for breakfast, an informative session, some Q&A, and of course, the interviews. I only had two 30 minute interviews, but candidates claimed to have had different experiences depending on what area they were looking into. The interviews were followed by more Q&A, and then by a few closing statements.

Interview Question – Give me a two minute summary about yourself...   View Answer

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!