KPMG US

Updated 24 Feb 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KPMG US in January 2010.

The first round was taken by a panel which consited of Senior manager (technical) and HR Manager. The HR Manager asked questions related to Salary and Notice period and a brief of my professional experiience. The technical manager asked questions related to my audit experience. Then he asked technical questions relating to accounting standards and company law matters in detail.

Interview Questions
  • Accounting treatment of asset retirement obligation.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Audit Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Just graduated from GMU with Finance and Accounting (05/2014). That already was a big plus because alot of the talent pool that interviewed only had one or the other. Passed 2 out of 4 of the CPA exam which was another HUGE plus. I already know at least 3 partners, 5 Senior Managers, Tons of Employees. Luckily for me, I knew where they happy hours are generally located. This job took me about 1 year of groundwork. I got a tip that they were looking and it was by a Manager I knew already. There was one "pre-screen" interview. One official "Phone Interview". One face to face. Then one "Phone Interview" with my team. They ask very technical stuff during interviews. They also asked why we should higher you versus the other qualified people. Luckily, I have official awards and achievements that I brought with me to symbolize my value to KPMG and sure enough it worked. They asked specific problems that I encountered, and what I exactly did to fix them.

Google STAR Matrix and KPMG 8 Core Competencies and know them sharp

They liked me for three reasons, my network all knew me and vouched for me, my previous experience in the Federal Government, and finally my interview skills focusing in on my awards, plaques, achievements, and deliverables.

Word of advice, if you apply through the website, you will definitely be competing with the brightest and talented group of people. If you cannot catch up, you will be eliminated quickly.

Interview Questions
    • There are other more qualified candidates pursuing this position. Why should we higher you over them.   View Answer
    Straight up, no negotiation. You submit an offer, they accept/reject - thats it

Audit Associate Interview

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Campus interview was very conversational and almost there was no behavioural questions. Only question I remember from the first interview was "tell me about yourself". There were many questions regarding my resume and hobbies. After some time, it became a chat about our travels. 1 month later I was invited to office visit. I was interviewed by 2 manager. Both were great people and again, all questions came from my resume. It was again very conversational. For whole interview process, you should prepare many intelligent questions to ask. It really makes huge difference and determine the direction of the interview.

Audit Associate Interview

Had phone interview with hr then brought in met with a managing director. After managing director met with a partner. Overall not a very hard experience the staff was very easy to talk to and seemed very interested in those with whom they interviewed and how the company could benefit possible employees

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were out of the ordinary for an interview. Very basic behavioral questions.   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

Went through university's recruiting process. Was in a target school, but had a below average GPA for Big 4. Networked my butt off with all 4 and secured Round 1s with 3 of the 4. Heard back from KPMG within a week for 2nd round. 2nd round was office tour, met Partners, Managers and Staff. Office tour is mostly that, an office tour, with 2 back-to-back 30 min interviews with Senior Managers/Partners in the middle of the day. Behavioral questions for all interviews, if you're going into auditing thats just how it'll be for all Big 4 interviews. Heard back 3 hours after I got back from the tour.

No negotiation

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US in November 2014.

The interview process took 2 weeks. I applied through on-campus recruitment.

I went to the career fair and got invitation for first round bs interview. I had a pre-interview dinner the night before the interview. The interviewer is friendly and basically ask about the resume and ask which part of auditing you are interested in.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

Applied through my local University. However my university recruits heavily and are a BIG 4 magnet. In my honest opinion you should always try to go to all info sessions and socials so that you can network. As a transfer to a top 25 uni and top 5 accounting program i only regret not networking. My gap was not bad 3.5 but if i networked life would have been SOOOO much easier during the recruiting process.

Interview Questions

Got better offer at mid tear

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

I got in for 1st round campus interview, second round be invited office visit. both should be behavioral and conversational. The interviewers will be senior managers. They will be taking notes of your answers.

Interview Questions
    • Your teammates decide to go one direction but you prefer the opposite. What would you do?   View Answer

Audit Associate Interview

The interview process lasts about 1.5 months. There are two rounds. The first round is on campus interview, and the second round is on site interview. Before the interview, there is a social night, that interviewers, greeters, and interviewees are all coming to network. The interview is behavioral and conversational. No surprising questions.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Second round was an office visit where I interviewed with 3 people that were a mix of audit and tax. The remainder of the visit consisted of a presentation, office tour, and lunch.