KPMG US Intern Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.7

81 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at KPMG US.

It was a one on one Interview, Very friendly interview. Was more like a conversation than an Interview. It lasted for about 20 ins and after 7 days I started working as an Intern in GO-To-Market approach. The work environment is very good. Very good place to start your career.

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US.

Applied online via campus, first round interview then a month later got a call back for second round interview. Went into their office and met with a manager and a principal. Got to network with some other associates/directors. Then a month later got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember, but most started with "tell me about a time when... you were in a difficult situation" a lot them sounded like the same question re-phrased.   Answer Question
    entry level/no neogtiation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

I applied through university career services. KPMG gave the least spot for the first round interview compared to other big 4s. The second round was a 1.5 day process. They invited you to dinner, put you in the hotel, and followed up with a after party at a rooftop bar near the office. The second day was a entire day event that consisted with presentations, panel discussions, lunch, office visit, small activities, Q&A, and interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were easy and very conversational. However, My interview was scheduled after lunch, and the manager who interviewed me looked exhausted before I even walked in.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2014.

As part of the hiring process, I had one phone screen and 2 interviews. It was pretty straight forward and they just wanted to see how you might fit in a team situation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US in April 2014.

Met recruiters at career fair and applied online at KPMG's site. Received an on-campus interview and was invited to a pre-interview dinner the night before. Met very outgoing, personable KPMG professionals. On-campus interview was for 30 minutes with a partner of the Dallas office. Felt more like a conversation and less like an interview. Head back within a week or so with an offer to visit the office. Between the interview and the office visit, there were several social outings with the company where I met more professionals from the Dallas office and some current interns.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had a conflict and how you dealt with the problem   Answer Question

HR interview and Group discussion

Interview Questions
    • Based on a textbook of a business case of location choices of offices to discuss   Answer Question
    no room for negotiation

Intern Interview

Very simple. Somewhat relaxed and fun.

N/A

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at KPMG US.

Was called in to come for a one-on-one interview that was basically competency-based.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very basic: why do you feel you are the best candidate for this position   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in February 2014.

I met a recruiter who then passed on my information to HR. I received a call about 6 months after meeting the recruiter at a career fair. She asked if I would meet the academic requirements and a quick and professional hiring process occurred for the next month.

Interview Questions
    • The second interviewer on my in person interview asked very concise questions that were technical. Like please describe your involvement in X. When I mentioned some of the techniques that were used in X he asked everything regarding who what where when and why surrounding X.   View Answer

Intern Interview

- Psychometric testing (verbal, numeric)
    - 2 x phone interviews
    - Assessment centre - group activities, letter writing, partner interview
    - 1 on 1 partner interview - strengths, weaknesses, fit for firm.

Interview Questions
    • - What makes you think you deserve a position at our firm?   Answer Question

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!