KPMG US Interview Questions

1,298 Interview Reviews

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at KPMG US in September 2014.

Initial was a telephonic screening followed by face to face interaction with 2 of the HR people, discussion was very good and interactive. Then the senior manager took the second round. Team was very hospitile and friendly. The infrastructure was very good. I really liked the cabin for the interview as it was more of casual approach similar to a coffee nest with pleasant lighting rather than the retro glass door kind of cabin.

Associate Consultant Interview

interviewed at KPMG US in September 2012.

Starts with providing a solution for a real business scenario. Presentation skills, verbal ability and thought process are analyzed here. Next is excel exercise. 10 excel tasks to be completed in one hour. At least 8 to be correct. Not a cakewalk. Next HR interview. Just chilled. Next interview with a member from future team. Puzzles solving and analytical thinking related discussion. Next interview with manager. More on the subject. Next with partner. Woof-- sweating interview for 1 hour. Got screwed like anything. Stress handling and fitment into team are analyzed here.

Senior Consultant, Sustainability Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

The process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US.

Job position was for Sustainability Services.
    KPMG called me up to ask about my interests and current job profile.
    There were about 5 phone calls in total throughout the interview process.
    Call-1: Some HR called who explained about the position and asked about the current profile. He asked for details related to current salary, position, expected salary etc.
    He also scheduled the telephonic interview.

Call-2: Associate Director from KPMG called up. He asked few questions about my profile and current projects that I was working on.
    He explained about hierarchy in KPMG and also asked about hierarchy in my current organization. He said that there is no position with title as "SENIOR CONSULTANT" in KPMG (Which was shocking, as you can see number of senior consultants from KPMG all over).
    Then he promised a position and salary hike as 25 to 30% of my current salary.

Call-3: Some HR guy called. He had no idea of what he was speaking. I sometimes wonder of how can firm like KPMG hire so "Dumb" HR folks. He explained that KPMG offers minimum of 20 % and maximum of 25 % hike over current salary package. When i asked him to calculate the amount it was barely 12% hike over the current package. He was puzzled and could not cover up his foolishness.

Call-4: I got call from HR again asking me how discussions went over last call. I explained him in detail that salary and position offered in the offer are not in sync with what was offered during interview process. He assured to get back with corrected figures.

Call-5: No change in offer. I declined "POLITELY".

Notes:
    I later got call from my friend who said that HR mis-communicated to the director about my salary expectations as Exorbitant (I do not understand how come 25% to 30% hike is exorbitant). And hence I declined the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Question from HR:

"Industry standard hike offered is 12% for 4 years of experience, how can you expect 25% at this level?"

(let me know if anyone understands this question and which consulting practice among Big 4 offers 12% hike at 4 years of experience. Else we can get that HR from KPMG on Comedy Nights with Kapil)
        View Answer

Offer was not in sync with what was discussed during interview process.
    No transparency in recruitment process.
    Dumb HRs

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in June 2014.

worst interview ever which lasted couple of minutes,tell me abut urself and we will let u know.first they keep u waiting for 4 hrs for no damn reason after which interviewer doesnt look interested in you and wants to wrap as soon as possible.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at KPMG US.

It was a one on one Interview, Very friendly interview. Was more like a conversation than an Interview. It lasted for about 20 ins and after 7 days I started working as an Intern in GO-To-Market approach. The work environment is very good. Very good place to start your career.

Advisory Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2010.

Interview process has three phases. HR round followed by technical round which is conducted by Manager or Senior Manager level. HR and technical round is generally conducted over a phone. After completing the technical round, if candidate is through, there will be partners round which is done through video conferencing or in person at the respective location/ branch.

Interview Questions
    • I had been asked some I Q questions related to tricky mathematics during the final round of interview which was quite unexpected.   View Answer
    This was my first job and I needed the brand in my CV. I did not do the negotiation as they told me that they have fixed minimum salary for each band

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Delhi
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in December 2013.

Asked a couple of questions about resume, activities, future plans (whether MBA was in the cards?), why you think you're good for this job.
    Then there was a round where they basically threw current business-related questions at you, like which British company was recently bought by Tata (Jaguar Motors); which firm is called "Big Blue" and many more such questions about companies. These questions were like a not-so-perfect litmus test to measure the candidate's knowledge and interest in current business scenarios, since the job involved working with clients as a management consultant.

Interview Questions
    • What firm is nicknamed "Big Blue"? Which firm bought a large medical-supplies firm this year in India?   View Answer
    No negotiation phase. On-campus college placement.

IT Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at KPMG US in February 2012.

Hiring & Interview process was methodical.
    I went through Following round of Interviews.
    1) Telephonic Round - HR
    2) Technical Interview -
    3) Director/Partner Round-
    4) Final HR Interview
    There were multiple rounds of negotiations for salary discussions. Finally i made them agree on my expected salary

I was able to negotiate as they were in need of a resource.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university - interviewed at KPMG US in February 2014.

Personnel interview held for 20 min and questions were fundamentals of finance and accounts. Introduced my self at the beginning interviewer asked me to share my professional accomplishment and i shared at my best

Interview Questions
    • Professional accomplishment explaination and knowledge   Answer Question

Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2013.

The candidate is grilled with 3 rounds of interview which can take good 10-15 days (In my case the it took 15 as the partner was not in town).
    1) This round is taken by HR and is a general conversation about your past.
    2) This is the most grilling round, as this is where your skills are tested.
    3) This is the easiest of them all, as you need to meet the partner.

Interview Questions

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!