KPMG US Manager Interview Questions

Manager Interview

Interview

Typical of all large firms and big 4

Interview Questions

• Most questions are along the same line of experience and motivation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

Four person interview, very relaxed and asked standard interview questions

Interview Questions

• no hard questions, just need to be honest. If you can not answer the question just state that, they will see through you if you make up answers due to pressure.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate, got more than I asked for.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

Phone interview with in house recruiter, phone interview with a manager at KPMG, then in person interview with 4 individuals. One interview was a technical interview with an MIT graduate that was very intense.

Interview Questions

• The technical interview was very hard. The interviewer had me walk him through several recent cases and the damage analysis that I performed. He continually cut me off when trying to elaborate and seemed very dismissive.   Answer Question

Timing wasn't right - they offered me the job 6 months after the interview

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

I interviewed with five people on two separate occasions. They were mainly interested in my background and most questions focused on my experience. There was very little discussion of specific clients and work tasks or who I might be working for. While the interviews were not perfunctory, neither did it seem as if they were very concerned, as if they were going through the motions.

Interview Questions

• The interviews did not contain any difficult questions. They were very poultice, short conversations.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Asked technical and non technical questions. Asked technical and non technical questions. Asked technical and non technical questions. Asked technical and non technical questions. Asked technical and non technical questions. Asked technical and non technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked technical and non technical questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Asked technical and non technical questions.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at KPMG US (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

1 phone screen, 3 phone interviews, 2 in-person interviews

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding industry trends.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

Highly-organized scheduling, competent Talent Manager and Hiring Manager - probably one of the best interviews I've been to.

Interview Questions

• Cite a situation which required you to turnaround a popular decision. How did you manage it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Timing issue

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

Most interviews I've ever gone through in my life. Some fairly technical questions that were project specific. They were very interested in my customer service skills almost as much at my experience in my field of expertise.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. I was well prepared as it was right in my current line of work but in many ways easier that what I was already doing. The biggest surprise was the number of people in the group interview, quite a few.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Their initial offer was low so I didn't accept. They came back with a counter but it wasn't enough either. I was in negotiations with another company that in retrospect I should have went with but didn't at the time as it was more travel than I wanted. I told them to match that offer and I'd accept. They matched the offer and I was brought on board.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in September 2012.

Interview

Submitted application on line. A week later, a KPMG recruiter contacted me. Here are the interviews and time line.

1. phone call with recruiter
    2. phone call with director
    3. on-site with two associate directors
    4. phone call with another director
    5. phone call with principal
    6. phone call with partner

Whole process took a bit longer than expected due to finding the right time to talk to the partner. The recruiter was very attentive. Though there was a bit of miscommunication between the partner and the recruiter. Eventually that was sorted out and I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated with a different start date and higher compensation.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US in July 2012.

Interview

The interview process has consisted of the following: First a call with an experienced hire recruiter. I was then scheduled for a phone interview with a director. After that, I had a phone interview with a Practice Partner. I was then flown in to their offices for face to face interviews with the same Practice Partner and two other directors. I contacted the experienced hire recruiter a week after the interviews for a status. The company likes my skills and experience but have not yet made an offer. A week later the experience hire recruiter emailed and said they are waiting for a new client to sign before they can hire me... This process has been ongoing for over three months. I am excited to start but the time is starting to take a toll on me.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were straight forward about the industry and my experiences. Some of the questions were blunt... "so tell me what you can do for me" was the first one from one of the interviewers.   Answer Question