KPMG US Senior Associate Interview Questions

Updated 29 Jun 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US (Bangalore) in July 2012.

Interview

4 Rounds, 1st small interview, 2nd exam about excel, maths and tax related, 3.Technical, 4.HR interview. 4 Rounds, 1st small interview, 2nd exam about excel, maths and tax related, 3.Technical, 4.HR interview. 4 Rounds, 1st small interview, 2nd exam about excel, maths and tax related, 3.Technical, 4.HR interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions on bank reconciliation statement   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

There was nothing out of the ordinary with the interview process itself, I ultimately ended up interviewing with 3 different people prior to getting a job offer.

The interview process ended up taking months, because a partner that I was supposed to interview with ended up being out of the country, then overbooked, then on-site with a client somewhere, then not available for other reasons...

Interview Questions

• They asked about my prior experience in various areas listed on my resume. Where I had worked and what work I had performed.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

The process went very long (3+ months). The interviews (7 in all) were mostly behavioral and situation questions, with plenty of leeway to ask questions.

The interviewers were friendly and respectful and gave me a sense that working with them would be a good experience. The main criteria seemed to be fit and relevant/transferable work experience.

While the salary offered did not match my expectation, I accepted the position as I felt it would be a good experience and would positively impact my career in the long run.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US (Chicago, IL (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Long process, have not finished yet. They do not follow up, you need to write them and see what is happening. They hire people only if there are projects available.

Interview Questions

• 3 phone interviews: walk them through your resume.
      2 behavioral interviews: Why KPMG?

Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (Reston, VA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

I was referred to a KPMG recruiter by an employee who I formerly worked with. A few days later I was emailed and set up a phone screen time. I was called at this time and the recruiter was pleasant and asked what would my ideal work environment and position be. I was told I would be called in the next week to see if there was a match for my specific skill set and desires. I was called and told there was a possible opportunity and scheduled an in person interview with the recruiter and the hiring manager which went well. Finally a panel interview with a senior manager, the HR manager and the project manager of the team I was to be working one was had one week after the first in person.

Interview Questions

• I was asked the regular questions about my history and background. Personality questions dominated the interview such as how would I react to over zealous clients and managing working with groups of technical employees as well as members of different departments.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (Sacramento, CA (US)).

Interview

I was asked to interview and accepted a phone screen. There were 3 phone screens, but each one was for a completely different position. They gave widely different and inconsistent descriptions of the company, but they were offering a full-time position with benefits and that was the main attraction.

The on-site interview was very disorganized. I sat in the interview room for a long time while the receptionist scurried around trying to find people to interview me. The interviewers were all very nice but I could tell they were unprepared. One of them was reading my resume during the interview and asking questions as he read without even looking up very often.

One interviewer described his own project in great detail and said they wanted someone who could be effective right away in that application area. Another said they were looking for a generalist to learn and take on whatever skill was needed at any particular time.

One bad sign was that they do not reimburse interview travel expense. This makes it look like they don't want to invest into the candidate but just interview whoever came along without any clear goal or purpose.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer made an obvious error in his question as if he didn't understand the meaning of a particular technical term. I was not sure if he did that to test me or if he just didn't know the application area.   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Within an hour of the standard phone screening by a recruiter and I was requested to hold a phone interview the next day with the director of the unit I was interviewing for. This interview went into more detail regarding skills and experience including some technical questions. I was then contacted by the same recruiter within an hour to schedule an in-house interview with the director and two senior managers. Being that I am employed, I e-mailed the recruiter various available dates for the next two weeks. The next day, I received an e-mail from a different recruiter informing me that an interview was scheduled for a day I had previously informed them I was not available. I decided to be accommodating and re-arranged my work schedule.

The day of the interview things were a little odd but I kept an open mind. The receptionist was occupied reading sports news on her computer that she did not hear my "excuse me's". Once she did, her comment and tone implied that it was my fault that she did not hear me and I was asked to wait. My interviewer promptly arrived and escorted me to the next level up the stairs where we found a weeping woman who was ignored. I had interviews with the two managers and was told that the director could not make her interview due to an emergency. Despite some of these unusual events, the senior managers were very bright individuals.

The second recruiter contacted me to schedule a second in-house interview with the director and two other managers. I provided my availability for the next two weeks and was again faced with the same situation: I was contacted by a third recruiter to inform me of the interview scheduled on a day I was not available and I accommodated their request. The two managers were very approachable but the director could not attend for what I believed were medical reasons.

I was very interested in the position and was also very impressed with the director and all the managers I spoke with. Perhaps the frustration of having to re-arrange my work schedule and the perceived disrespect was apparent during the interviews. My disappointment in the recruiters' actions did discourage me from following up with the process.

Interview Questions

• Why KPMG?   Answer Question
    • How would you approach a situation where a business is not willing to provide records for examination?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Interview

Fairly standard 3 round interview - 2 on phone, 1 in person. Spoke with HR, then two directors via telephone. Then in person interview with partner, director, and manager. Whole process took around 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate sign on

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

Applied on campus

Interview Questions

• Nothing special, no behavioral questions. I walked through resume and answered followed up questions: how i did it, what was the difficulty, what was the result..   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KPMG US (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

Went to the interview. Pretty standard super day. Met with MDs, VPs, Associates. Was asked several financial questions: Walk me through, DCF, LBO, Accretion dilution model. How do you calculate EV, Equity value. What are the common components of Comparable comps

Negotiation

I had several offers so I was able to negotiate my salary.