Kaiser Permanente

Relevance Date Difficulty

Programmer Analyst Interview

Programmer Analyst
Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in January 2009.

Interview Details One of the best interview process. Displayed a very good advertisement in the newspaper advertising the position, skills needed, benefits offered. Conducted interview in a five star hotel. One Technical Interview, One HR round, Offered Position after 1 week.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were technical and about the previous job   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered a salary and told either accept it or leave it. Since it provided an opportunity to work in USA and I was young, I accepted the offer.

Very Difficult Interview

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview Details Submitted my application online which was a detailed process but fortunately KP's career portal will save your info for future applications. Not not after my submission I received a call from what I believe was a representative from HR who wanted to coordinate a phone interview with the Assistant Controller. The phone interview was short and sweet, nothing too complex. I was invited to the first in-person interview where I interviewed with the Assistant Controller and Finance Manager one-on-one, answering fairly basic questions. Afterwards I had to take an Excel skills test which was fairly complex and covered advanced functions within excel, basic MS Acess skills, and even some SQL code. I did well enough on both the one-on-one and and Excel test to be invited to a panel interview where I presented multiple case questions I had emailed to me 48 hrs prior.

Interview Question – Create a financial model that will display an expected profit level when given inputs are changed.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse
Union City, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview Details Interviewed by a panel of physicians and managers. Questions on how I would deal with unruly patients, how I would handle some one who fell. Must apply online first . I was able yo transfer from another department which helped.

Interview Question – What do I have to offer the company or department.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary based on experience.

Presentation Designer (Specialist) Interview

Presentation Designer (Specialist)
Oakland, CA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview Details For the most part, the interviewing process was good. Kaiser is a very large organization, and some of that bureaucracy shows up in the interviewing process. I imagine it would be great company to work for though. Phone interview was great. In person interview was fine for the most part. Follow up skills test was fine as well. However, the follow-up communications regarding next steps after that could have been better.

Interview Question – To paraphrase: "Tell me about a time when things did not work with a job/project as you had planned."   Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

Operations Specialist
Oakland, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in November 2010.

Interview Details Very Long and drawn out process. Took a couple weeks to complete the screening process. Questionnaires also several interviews on different dates. But it was all worth it in the end. After being hired there are several mandatory trainings that need to be completed before your first 30 days.

Interview Question – I havent run into a difficult question as of yet.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Received a phone call with a very generous offer.

Administrative Interview

Administrative

I applied online - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in June 2011.

Interview Details Initial phone interview 20 minutes with recruiter. Second interview telephone with another recruiter. Next interview f2f with hiring manager on site and sat with a panel for the final interview. Process was over four weeks

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Physician Partner Interview

Physician Partner

I applied through another source and interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview Details Hiring goes through Human resources: alot of paperwork. Takes months. Eventually = Two interviews. Chief is very upbeat, and makes alot of promises, that end up unfulfilled. Interviewed by group and department administrator = vague answers.

Interview Question – Did not expect to be asked if I was o.k. in a system without seniority rules?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation: take it or leave it. Must sign all documents, or won't be hired, (including binding mandatory arbitration).

Medical Secretary Interview

Medical Secretary
Hayward, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in November 2010.

Interview Details I applied from my former job to the HR dept....I was then called in for an interview at the new dept.
I took the interview, had a tour, was checked out by the union for being qualified for the job and was hired.

Interview Question – how well I got along with others in an office atmosphere   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview Details I was able to connect with a campus recruiter from a target school. My resume was able to be reviewed by hiring managers and had various phone interviews. Why would you be a great fit, why Kaiser, past experiences, teamwork, how to make change in a big company. Interns have various weekly activities and guest speakers. Great managers and place to work at.

Interview Question – I'm not sure there was, it was a conversation and talking about past experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No need to negotiate.

Administrative Specialist Interview

Administrative Specialist
Los Angeles, CA (US)

Interview Details I applied on-line - very easy process. After about 7-10 days I received phone call from human resources telling me that they would like me to come in for a group interview. I then received a detailed e-mail with instructions and directions for group interview, including the expected attire. This was my first group interview - it was strange at first but I soon felt comfortable. Everyone I dealt with from the security to the human resources personnel to the managers were extremely nice and very proffessional. They made you feel at ease, we were in a large meeting room, there were three Kaiser staff members and about ten interviewees. They set us into groups to get to know each other so we could introduce each other, then they gave us questions regarding previous work experience, stressful situations and the like.

Interview Question – Questions are all very well written, directly relate to position. Nothing all that difficult nor unexpected   Answer Question

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!