Kaplan University

45 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Admissions Representative Interview

Admissions Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kaplan University.

Interview Details Interview process - there were so many candidates that they brought in all candidates in to one room. Staff explained the company and the position available. I did not realize that our 2 min introductory speech would be the only communication on skills and what the candidate brings to the position. There was no warning that this would be the only time to pitch ourselves and I was disappointed.

Interview Question – Giving a 2 min pitch on yourself in front of the rest of the candidates.   Answer Question

Admission Advisor Interview

Admission Advisor

I applied in-person - interviewed at Kaplan University in July 2014.

Interview Details I was given a phone interview by a recruiter and ask some behavioral questions, at the end of our 25 minutes interview she offer to set me up for a second interview with a manager. I had the interview and was interviewed by the ADOA and the DOA. They threw behavioral questions requesting to give examples and outcomes.

Interview Question – Name a time when I plan something that back fired on me, honestly I have never made an work related plans that back fired   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't attempt to negotiate since they were pay pretty well compared to other colleges

Director of Career Services Interview

Director of Career Services
Omaha, NE (US)

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Kaplan University in January 2012.

Interview Details Traditional hiring process you apply on-line, follow-up and schedule meetings. Non-Traditional interviewing process it took multiple interviews completed a 1:1, then a group, then a lunch, then a presentation. You have to then complete an on-line application and background check release which can take up to minimum one week and maximum 30 days. Be prepared to share all previous employers, length of employment, and the time period. They will consider applicants with criminal convictions on case by case basis

Interview Question – What do you know about Kaplan University and with that why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Willing to negotiate based of experience, willingness to learn, and skills & qualifications

Financial Aid Specialist Interview

Financial Aid Specialist
Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kaplan University in November 2011.

Interview Details I was interviewed by 6 different members of financial aid management at the same time, with them all sitting around me and starring me down from the end of the table. It was a very nerve racking experience and meant to intimidate you. Luckily I don't scare easily. It took them about a week to get back to me and I had to make my decision right away.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was not any negotiation, I was transferring from another department

Specialist Interview

Specialist
Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kaplan University in March 2012.

Interview Details Thorough and detailed with multiple interviews.

Interview Question – Same as most companies.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fine.

Admissions Advisor Interview

Admissions Advisor

Interviewed at Kaplan University

Interview Details Was called to set-up what I believed to be an interview after I submitted my resume' and application online. What it turned out to be was a "group" interview with about 9 other candidate. During our hour long presentation, the director explained that this position though it is titled "Admissions Ad visor" it is not inf act an advisory position, rather it is a sales position. During the presentation we were told that there would b e a short break and if the job wasn't for us or what we had expected then we could leave at that time.

I found this to be an odd procedure. Wouldn't it just be easier to be upfront in the job description rather than reverting to a certain amount of deception to get candidates in the door?

I felt this to be an unfair way of handling a position, though I do give points for creativity!

Adjunct Professor Interview

Adjunct Professor
Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kaplan University.

Interview Details I interviewed for the job, although the interview was pretty casual. Once I passed that step, I had to come back in to audition for the job by delivering a short lesson. Attendees completed a written evaluation of my presentation, then the Dean discussed my scores with me. I was evaluated on presentation style, vocal projection, use of the whiteboard, clarity of the lesson itself, and more. Once hired, I had to submit official transcripts and complete a lot of onboarding paperwork and required online training (sexual harassment, security, etc.). The whole process from the call for the interview to being ready to teach my first class was probably close to three weeks.

Interview Question – I was graded down for mentioning that I was tired (I worked a night job at the time, so I had had very little sleep) to a few people before the actual lesson began. Since I had not been aware that I was already being evaluated, I was somewhat taken aback by this.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. For each course, the professor signs a contract for that ten week term. Salary starts out at $1,000 per course.

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kaplan University in July 2010.

Interview Details Phone Interview and then a face to face - easy process

Negotiation Details – Not a lot of room to negociate.

Admissions Advisor II Interview

Admissions Advisor II

I applied online and interviewed at Kaplan University.

Interview Details I applied online and was then contacted by email to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was about 30 minutes with standard behavioral questions after which I was invited in for a 1:1 interview. The in person interview was more of an information session about the position and a tour of the learning center. I was asked some questions about my background and specifics about my last position.

Interview Question – Describe a challenging situation and what you did to overcome it.   Answer Question

Admissions Representative Interview

Admissions Representative

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Kaplan University.

Interview Details Name a time when you didn't get along with your employee and how did you handle it?

Worked for Kaplan University? Contribute to the Community!