Kinder Morgan Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 4, 2014
25 interviews

2.8

Human Resources Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kinder Morgan.

Phone intv., next intv with director and lead, 3rd with two HR directors, 4th with regional management. At each level questions were more job specific. Each level provided insight into the company operations and culture.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were situational specific to the job function. Questions in first two intv. Were scripted latter interviews were less formal   Answer Question

Facilities Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Midland, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Kinder Morgan.

I applied 2 months prior on the KM career site. I got a call asking if I wanted to phone interview the next week. On the day and time I was told the interview would take place I got no call. I called and left and a voice mail but never heard anything again.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Kinder Morgan in March 2013.

Interview process is super easy. Submit application through UH career website. Got called for on campus interview
     No technical question, just resume and behavior questions such as:
    1/ Describe some of IT projects you work on
    2/ Situation question about team working

$25/hour is good payment for intern position

Associate Controller/Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Kinder Morgan in August 2010.

Apply, confirmation email as a selected candidate, email/phone call for testing, pass test=interview, interview and phone call for offer, with offer packet mailed to home, drug and background test, pass=HIRED....

No negotiating

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kinder Morgan.

Interviewed with the supervisor and director, took about an hour, it was very laid back, no specific accounting questions. The director seemed to be very occupied with other high priority issues that were going on at the time so mainly interviewed with the supervisor she was a nice young lady.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions, just the usual interview questions.   Answer Question

Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Kinder Morgan in November 2010.

one interview ,with a bunch of stupid questions ,they are management in a position that don't need to be there ,it is not what you know its who you know or how well you can kiss butt

Regional Training Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Argo, IL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Argo, IL (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Kinder Morgan.

Approached initially by email to schedule a phone interview. Advised via email of my advancement and then to schedule of personal interview. A small office within the Argo, IL, terminal. Very laid back and personal with a mix of both males and females. Due to the nature of the industry, security is tight, but a smooth process.

Interview Questions
    • Very casual interview. Most difficult question was desired salary in which I had no basis to go off. I was able to delay my answer twice and was later given the yearly salary range for the position without requesting.   Answer Question

Analyst OA Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kinder Morgan.

Interview was with 3 directors asked several questions and performed work related test. such as spreadsheet creation and powerpoint presentation

Interview Questions
    • Conversion of Barrels to Gallons without any provided conversion   Answer Question
    none

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carteret, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carteret, NJ (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Kinder Morgan.

Extraordinarily well-written script for an 8-on-one interview, which brings all aspects of the job into focus.

smooth, professional

LNG Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Savannah, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Kinder Morgan.

Was called in for an initial interview that lasted 2-3 hours. Then another interview a month later that was basically the same and lasted 3-4 hours, and was taking out for lunch.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked a mathematical question that required knowlegdge in Physics and some Algebra. But I got the question right.   Answer Question
    Offered the position about a month after my second interview. Was told a starting date and starting pay

Worked for Kinder Morgan? Contribute to the Community!