Kindercare

Average Difficulty
48 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Saint Peters, MO (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview Details There are two interviews: a phone call and panel. Interviewers are not supposed to show emotion or give positive/negative reactions to answers. Panel interview lasts 30-45 minutes.They also ask several follow up questions to each main topic to ensure thorough and honest answers.

Interview Question – Describe a time in which you had to complete a task in which you did not have all the necessary supplies and how you handled it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation available.

Very Easy Interview

Lead Teacher Interview

Lead Teacher
Woodridge, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Kindercare in January 2014.

Interview Details Hiring and interview was very simple. They asked very straightforward questions, like why I wanted to be a teacher, and then took me to observe the children. I was hired on the spot. The paperwork process was very lengthy, however. I came back 3 separate times to finish paperwork.

Interview Question – Can you teach 2 year olds?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate because of the corporate

Preschool Teacher Interview

Preschool Teacher
Alexandria, VA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kindercare in April 2013.

Interview Details You have your initial interview where you come in with your resume and discuss your career, then once that is completed you have your work in in interview where you will spend a couple of hours with the children to see how you would best fit in the classroom, if that is good and they plan on hiring you, you go through background check to make sure of no record of neglect.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work with children   View Answer

Twos Teacher Interview

Twos Teacher
Lawrence, KS (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kindercare in January 2011.

Interview Details I was referred to the opening by a friend who was a school age teacher at KinderCare. I brought in my resume and met with the director, and we scheduled a formal interview. When I came for my interview I was asked questions and then I spent some time in the classroom. I believe they did a background check on me, etc. and once I was officially hired I began training.

Interview Question – Everything was pretty straight forward. I have had a lot of previous experience in childcare, so none of the questions really caught me off guard. I suppose being asked how you might handle a certain situation with a child or parent can be a hard question.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – We did not negotiate.

Pre-kindergarten Teacher Interview

Pre-kindergarten Teacher

Interviewed at Kindercare

Interview Details No interview, I informally met the director who I was referred to by a mutual friend and she hired me on the spot. Sent me to do a background check that day and then to orientation the following week. Policy has changed since. They must call professional references now before hiring a candidate.

Negotiation Details – None.

Assistant Director

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview Details You submit a resume via the website. They will call you to set up for a formal interview. They have a standard set of questions they ask and many if them are situational questions.

Interview Question – What are ways for you to boost enrollment in the center if there are so many competitors around your center?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Teacher

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview Details I applied through a walk in, the interview was almost too easy and made it seem like they would hire just about anyone.

Interview Question – A lot of situational questions.   Answer Question

Assistant Director

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kindercare in September 2013.

Interview Details Submitted application. I was selected to a pre-screening where they asked me to complete a questionnaire about my work history. After that, I was asked to complete a phone interview with a recruiter. If you are a qualified candidate, you are asked to go to the cite for a face-to-face interview.

Interview Question – What state was your business in when you started? What is your business like now?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

District Manager

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview Details The phone interview was very comprehensive and informative. I was allowed more than sufficient opportunity to ask questions regarding the position. The recruiter was more knowledgeable about the position and organization than I expected including growth strategies and market potentials.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected or overly difficult questions, however, this was an initial phone screen.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Teacher's Aide Interview

Teacher's Aide
Westwood, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kindercare in September 2013.

Interview Details Applied online and then I was called for an interview. After the interview I had to follow up before they offered me a position. I then had to follow up numerous times before I got a start date. I should've known that that was a sign that I shouldn't work there.

Interview Question – Only asked questions about my experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be bold. I was too nervous to negotiate and regret that I didn't.

Worked for Kindercare? Contribute to the Community!