Kindercare

45 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Twos Teacher Interview

Lawrence, KS (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kindercare in January 2011.

Interview Details I was referred to the opening by a friend who was a school age teacher at KinderCare. I brought in my resume and met with the director, and we scheduled a formal interview. When I came for my interview I was asked questions and then I spent some time in the classroom. I believe they did a background check on me, etc. and once I was officially hired I began training.

Interview Question – Everything was pretty straight forward. I have had a lot of previous experience in childcare, so none of the questions really caught me off guard. I suppose being asked how you might handle a certain situation with a child or parent can be a hard question.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – We did not negotiate.

Pre-kindergarten Teacher Interview

Interviewed at Kindercare

Interview Details No interview, I informally met the director who I was referred to by a mutual friend and she hired me on the spot. Sent me to do a background check that day and then to orientation the following week. Policy has changed since. They must call professional references now before hiring a candidate.

Negotiation Details – None.

Assistant Director Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview Details You submit a resume via the website. They will call you to set up for a formal interview. They have a standard set of questions they ask and many if them are situational questions.

Interview Question – What are ways for you to boost enrollment in the center if there are so many competitors around your center?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Teacher

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview Details I applied through a walk in, the interview was almost too easy and made it seem like they would hire just about anyone.

Interview Question – A lot of situational questions.   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Assistant Director

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kindercare in September 2013.

Interview Details Submitted application. I was selected to a pre-screening where they asked me to complete a questionnaire about my work history. After that, I was asked to complete a phone interview with a recruiter. If you are a qualified candidate, you are asked to go to the cite for a face-to-face interview.

Interview Question – What state was your business in when you started? What is your business like now?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

District Manager

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview Details The phone interview was very comprehensive and informative. I was allowed more than sufficient opportunity to ask questions regarding the position. The recruiter was more knowledgeable about the position and organization than I expected including growth strategies and market potentials.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected or overly difficult questions, however, this was an initial phone screen.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Teacher's Aide Interview

Teacher's Aide
Westwood, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kindercare in September 2013.

Interview Details Applied online and then I was called for an interview. After the interview I had to follow up before they offered me a position. I then had to follow up numerous times before I got a start date. I should've known that that was a sign that I shouldn't work there.

Interview Question – Only asked questions about my experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be bold. I was too nervous to negotiate and regret that I didn't.

Very Difficult Interview

Several Interview

I applied through other source and interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview Details Applied several times with Kindercare. I had maybe a few interviews. I would see a position apply and hear nothing. Week/month latter see a similar job posted. Why don’t they just hire me? I have the education and experience for the positions I am applying for. Finally one day I got a response in a form of a letter from there attorneys saying I apply to much, they are not going to hire me and stop applying. Is this legal? Isn’t that discrimination? I would not recommend them.

Interview Question – Applied several times with Kindercare. I had maybe a few interviews. I would see a position apply and hear nothing. Week/month latter see a similar job posted. Why don’t they just hire me? I have the education and experience for the positions I am applying for. Finally one day I got a response in a form of a letter from there attorneys saying I apply to much, they are not going to hire me and stop applying. Is this legal? Isn’t that discrimination? I would not recommend them.   Answer Question

Center Director Interview

Center Director

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview Details I applied online for a number of different Director positions and received an email for each. The emails were vague and didn't tell me which site the interviews were for (I wanted to know because some of the cities were more desirable than others). I asked the person I was in contact with and he refused to tell me. Even so, I set up a phone interview for one of the positions the following day. I prepared all night and woke up very early the next day for final preparations.

The scheduled time came...and passed. I waited two hours and the interviewer never called. Haven't heard a think since.

I haven't heard from them at all.

Interview Question – There were no questions.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Teacher

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview Details Very poor interviewing skills had two interviews and then they never called me back with an answer.

Interview Question – How would you handle a difficult child? How would you handle a hard to handle . Parent?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kindercare

Worked for Kindercare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kindercare interview questions and advice. All 45 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Kindercare employees and interview candidates.