Kohl's Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2014

2.0

33 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salisbury, MD (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, MD (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Kohl's in July 2014.

After filling out the application online the night before, the interviewer called and scheduled an intervew the next morning. I had a group interview with 3 others. It took 2 weeks for a callback. There was no 2nd interview or drug test. The interviewer gave me a job offer after my background check came back and passed. I start orientation on Tuesday.

Interview Questions
  • How do you handle a diffcult customer who doesn't think he should have to follow a new store policy regarding expired kohl's cash?   View Answer
Just a simple phone call with orientation scheduled.

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's.

Group interview, very basic but it was obvious they were looking for outspoken people. It was a long interview, i think it took a couple of hours total. We were taken 3 at a time to the office for the final consensus.

Interview Questions
    • What to do if you need to help a customer in another department. Should you leave your area or call someone?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Kohl's.

The interview was a group interview where the interviewer asked a question then everyone went around and answered the questions one by one. It took maybe 3-7 days to get a callback and training began right away.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions. The usual interview questions were asked regarding how you would be an asset to the company.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

noting out of the ordinary, very simple and quick process

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Green Bay, WI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2010.

Once you submitted an application, they would call you for a group interview which was about 10 people. They had us sit around a big table and asked a bunch of questions (some for people to spontaneously answer and some they went around the room and asked individually). When that was over, if they still wanted you as an employee they would give you another call and offer you a job or a second interview.

Interview Questions
    there was no negotiation. They were hiring for seasonal cashiers around Christmas and i'm know they over-hire around the holidays because some people always quit.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Killeen, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Killeen, TX (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in February 2010.

The hiring process was easier than I expected. First, I filled out a job application inside the store. A few days later, I received a phone call from the store manager scheduling the job interview. After the interview with the store manager, I received the job offer in a week.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions during the interview. However, I would suggest one to be able to explain the time intervals in between jobs.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my schedule. The negotiation process was very easy. The management listened to me and made adjustment to accommodate my schedule.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chula Vista, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chula Vista, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's.

I applied on snagajob.com and a week later got a call to come in for an interview. When I arrived it was a group setting with about 10 other applicants. We were all asked to introduce ourselves and then they asked 5 questions and went around the room to let each person answer. After the interview we all filled out paperwork . Two weeks later I received a call for a job offer and started the week after with training.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult, only part that was bad was being last to answer.   Answer Question
    None.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodland Park, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Park, NJ (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2012.

The online application process that they source through snagajob is painful at best, requires an account to be created and bombards you with ads between pages only to reject you at the end for no reason while giving you more ads. Only after I expressing these concerns to management did they finally yield and give me a paper application to bypass the process.

I was called in for an interview shortly after by a very friendly and personable woman who effortlessly melted any anxiety or pressure you'd normally feel in an interview to the point I felt like I was talking to a friend or family member.

The interview was rather short lived and consisted of a few basic questions such as why do you want to work for this company and if you're willing to work weekends along with confirming my availability.

The only lengthy process was waiting for the background check after the interview to clear.

Nothing was negotiable. The woman in charge of the interview as well as the store's HR department presents you with a "take it or leave it" offer stating that this is how everyone at the company starts. It's more than minimum wage and that was enough for me.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Riverside, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in July 2012.

I applied online and I called them after 2 weeks just so they know I was really interested. About two weeks later they called me back for an interview which was a few days later. They do two interviews on the first day. One is in a group setting where they ask you about yourself and why you want to work here. Make sure you stand out. Then they send everyone to a room and they call you in one by one. I was the first to be called back. They ask what are some strengths and weaknesses, what would you do in certain situations, and your availability. I got a call back a week later and was hired.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't have a problem with the interview. I thought it was fairly easy and straight forward. People who are probably shy or don't know how to stand out in groups might have a problem.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Summerville, SC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summerville, SC (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Kohl's in November 2010.

filled out the application online then had to keep calling or going up there to speak with someone

Interview Questions
    • What type of contributions do I think Kohls does for local charities?   View Answer

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!