Kohl's Cashier Interview Questions

Updated 2 Oct 2014

2.0

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kohl's.

I applied in person and i got called in for an interview along with other people too, it was pretty easy and more of a group interview, after that i spoke with the manager and was given the job

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's.

Group interview, very basic but it was obvious they were looking for outspoken people. It was a long interview, i think it took a couple of hours total. We were taken 3 at a time to the office for the final consensus.

Interview Questions
    • What to do if you need to help a customer in another department. Should you leave your area or call someone?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, MD (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's in July 2014.

After filling out the application online the night before, the interviewer called and scheduled an intervew the next morning. I had a group interview with 3 others. It took 2 weeks for a callback. There was no 2nd interview or drug test. The interviewer gave me a job offer after my background check came back and passed. I start orientation on Tuesday.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a diffcult customer who doesn't think he should have to follow a new store policy regarding expired kohl's cash?   View Answer
    Just a simple phone call with orientation scheduled.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

The interview was a group interview where the interviewer asked a question then everyone went around and answered the questions one by one. It took maybe 3-7 days to get a callback and training began right away.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions. The usual interview questions were asked regarding how you would be an asset to the company.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

noting out of the ordinary, very simple and quick process

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chula Vista, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chula Vista, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

I applied on snagajob.com and a week later got a call to come in for an interview. When I arrived it was a group setting with about 10 other applicants. We were all asked to introduce ourselves and then they asked 5 questions and went around the room to let each person answer. After the interview we all filled out paperwork . Two weeks later I received a call for a job offer and started the week after with training.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult, only part that was bad was being last to answer.   Answer Question
    None.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's.

Straight forward. Went in to get an application. Filled it out. Returned it with resume. They called back within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty simple. No overly weird questions. Just asked about previous retail experience and availability. How would I handle situations with difficult customers?   Answer Question
    In the interview. Told me what pay was and the hours expected. Not really so much a negotiation as more of "take or leave it"

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

I had a group interview. It was very short there was only a few questions that were pretty much the normal interview questions. Got a call a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you had a conflict at work and how it was resolved   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fond du Lac, WI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fond du Lac, WI (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

I put in my application online and within a week was called for an interview. It was a group interview and we all sat around a table and took turns answering questions. Then they had us watch a video with different parts and afterward answer questions about what we saw. It was very easy and helped bring down the pressure with other applicants there. My one tip is dress appropriate because alot of the applicants wore nice jeans or casual tops. Those applicants were not hired. Black or grey dress pants and dress top is your best bet.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you preformed exceptional customer service and give specific details?   Answer Question
    It was minimum wage and non-negotiable.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northville, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northville, MI (US)

I participated in a group interview, it was dumb but pretty much everyone was hired.