Kohl's

764 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Associate Interview

Chula Vista, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Kohl's in April 2014.

Interview Details Group interview than second interview with store manager

Interview Question – Basic customer questions   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Monument, CO (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2010.

Interview Details Clear process. They prepare you fairly, they interview you fairly..., they give you an offer.

Interview Question – Straight-forward interview process. If you know who you are, it's not a tough interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They don't negotiate. It's simple hire for a basic job based on lawful minimums.

Very Easy Interview

Grand Rapids, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in April 2014.

Interview Details I applied online through Snagajob.com and received a call back for an interview within 16 hours.

The Kohl's where I live is somewhat remote, so I ended up getting a one on one interview rather than a group interview. The whole process was very easy. First, I received my phone call on Tuesday telling me to come in at 9:00am on Thursday and speak with the Customer Service desk, which I did when the time came. Then, the Store Manager came and asked me to follow her to her office where I was asked about 5 or 6 very easy questions. I believe the first was something along the lines of "Tell me about yourself". I responded saying "Well, i'm so and so and i've lived here my entire life. I'm currently looking for a place where I can work hard and apply myself.". The second was about my hobbies, "What do you like to do in your spare time?". I told her that I "Love to listen to any time of music as well as riding my bicycle when I get the chance.". Next she asked about my future plans, "What goals do you have for the future?". I said that I would "Be going to college either this year or next and getting a degree in Computer Science.". Then there was one customer situation question. "Do you think the customer is always right?". This question caught me off guard slightly, but I responded with "I believe the customer is always right, but with some exceptions. For example, if they were stealing." She seemed pretty happy with that answer. The the final questions were about any previous experience I had, my availability and where in the store I would like to work. As for the questions I asked her at the end, I asked what the uniforms were like and when I could hear back from her. Uniforms are anything business casual, and she said I could expect a call back by the end of next week.

Overall, it was very easy. Despite only spending about two hours rehearsing, it went very well. It was that simple. The manager was nice and easy to talk to. I didn't bring a resume with me, however she didn't ask for one, so it all worked out in the end. Good luck anyone reading!

Interview Question – Is the customer always right?   View Answer

DC Supv Interview

Aledo, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in May 2012.

Interview Details went through a round of interviews

Interview Question – what did you do in your last job   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

San Jose, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2013.

Interview Details The questions were pretty much standard for any job. What is your background, what in your background prepares you for this job, what would you do in particular situations (like customer can't find what he/she is looking for, customer wants a discount that isn't available.) There were a few questions about dealing with difficult people and how you have resolved those kinds of situations in the past.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where there was conflict and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

POS Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details Kind of a hassle, had to have three interviews. Two were group interviews, which were strange.

Interview Question – Biggest mistake in past job   Answer Question

Sale Associate Interview

Interviewed at Kohl's

Interview Details Basic run on the mill questions. If they are hiring you'll get the job.

Very Easy Interview

Arlington, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Kohl's in April 2014.

Interview Details I applied online through snagajob.com. A few weeks later, I was contacted to come in for an interview. I arrived about 10 minutes early, and was given paperwork to fill out (work history, consent to do a background check, and availability). There was already a man sitting there, filling out his paperwork and waiting for an interview. After a woman had just come out of her interview, the man was taken back to do his interview. As I was sitting there waiting, another girl came in and starting filling out her paperwork for an interview. The interview was 1 on 1 and very straightforward. The interviewer asked me to tell a little bit about myself, why I left my last job (I'm assuming that they call previous employers), why I want to work for Kohl's, do you believe that the customer is always right, do you like to multitask or work on a single task at a time, describe a time when you provided exceptional customer service, would you feel comfortable soliciting credit. At the end of the interview she verified my availability and said they would contact me in a few days after they made a decision. I came out of my interview and there were 3 other people waiting to be called back for their interview. I feel fairly confident about my interview, but I'm a little unsure because there were so many applicants. My interview was 2 days ago, so I haven't heard anything back yet.

Interview Question – I was caught off guard whenever they asked if I felt comfortable soliciting credit because I applied for a sales associate position, not cashier. Apparently sales associates are only required to get two people per month to sign up for a Kohl's card.   Answer Question

POS Associate Interview

Mansfield, MA (US)

I interviewed at Kohl's in May 2010.

Interview Details It wasn't generally that unique overall. They were opening a new store so the process seemed a little ruched. But basically met with a hiring manager after submitting and online application. Then from there met with a store manager for a last round interview.

Interview Question – Why work for Kohl's?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details I filled out an application in the store. Manager met with me while I was there.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you were put into a difficult situation. How did you handle it? What would you have done differently? How would you apply what you learned in that situation to working for this company.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kohl's

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kohl's interview questions and advice. All 764 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Kohl's employees and interview candidates.