Kohl's Interview Questions

Updated 28 Oct 2014
Updated 28 Oct 2014

2.2

Cashier Interview

The hiring and interview process is really quick and they do group interview which are surprisingly comfortable. They gave everyone a chance to speak and asked really simple questions. After the interview they called back 2 days later and I was hired.

Sale Associate Interview

very quick and friendy, no pressure at all. My question were like...why do you think you can be a good sale associate, what does a good sale associate should have? Did you shopping at Kohl's before

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

It is a group interview, so the interviewer asks one question and goes around the room to ask the same question. He does not always choose the same person to ask first, so be prepared to answer first at least once. The questions were relatively easy, mainly based on past experiences and different situations.

Interview Questions
    • What is great customer service?   Answer Question
    • Describe an overwhelming experience and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when your supervisor told you something you didn't agree with and what you did about it.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Kohl's and what are some qualities you think a Sales Associate needs to have?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Store Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

Talker with Recruiters at College Career fair. Got an interview offer on the spot. First interview was with two recruiters and was very simple and relaxed. Second interview included a few interviews and store tour, also very relaxed and enjoyable. Overall a great interview experience, did not receive an offer though.

Merchandise Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's.

On campus interview, followed by a final round at company headquarters. Process took about a week. Group interview at final interview day seemed to carry a lot of weight. Given a case study at campus interview and then most behavioral and fit questions. Did not feel that anything was too technical they just want to get a feel for the applicants thought process.

Interview Questions
    • What is one thing you would change about a Kohl's store?   Answer Question

Retail just not my preferred area for my career.

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

First there was a group interview and then we had one on one, basic retail interview questions. The one confusing part was then they hired everyone in the group interview, almost like they had planned to at the beginning but had to go through protocol, taking time away from everyone.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation, they offered hourly wage at minimum wage at the time.

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

Turned in my application on a Monday or Tuesday, got a call back Friday for an interview scheduled for NEXT Friday which was a little annoying but I went in. Interview was simple but be prepared, "What if a customer needs help in a different department? Is the customer always right? Why do you want to work at Kohls?" Stuff like that very nice manager and I got offered the job on the spot and I accepted but I was not really able to ask questions.

Sale Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

I was called for a group interview. Because, they didn't have enough people for the interview, it was postponed by a week. We pretty much went around the room speaking on why we were the best fit for the job and our skills. We were then asked a series of questions and the person picked to answer first was totally random. We pretty much all had the same answer to the questions and added a little more to them.

Interview Questions
    • If you ever had a disagreement with a manager and what did you do about it.   View Answer

Android Engineer Interview

HR contacted via linked in, took them 2 weeks to get my resume to hiring manager, Hiring manager called and asked some technical questions, overall it was slow process for me compare to other companies.

Store Management Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kohl's.

The internship process was standard. I was first asked some behavioral questions, and then I was told about the position and what to expect. All my question were answered. Personally, I thought the answers were vague and not very helpful. The interview was brief and to the point. This was my first interview