Kohl's

861 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details Phone interview was a little odd. Recruiter wanted names of others that she could recruit which didn't make sense. Online assessment included 20 math story problems that were irrelevant for the job.

Interview Question – What 3 things would I change about my district.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better offer came along.

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Milpitas, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in June 2014.

Interview Details I was contacted on a job site about a possible fit for a Sr. Engineer role they were looking for to work at their Milpitas location. I had limited experience in the specific skills they were looking for but since I was contacted for the position and not the other way round, I thought that there might be something that might be of interest to me. There was no pre-screening phone interview that is usually done with most of the companies. I was scheduled for a 4:00 pm interview with a couple of people.
The Recruiting Manager led me to a meeting room and my first interview started at around 4:30 pm. I was asked about my experience and the most challenging task I'd taken upon in my current company and other regular interview questions and some technical questions. After that I was asked to wait for the next interviewer and I waited for about half an hour but the other person did not turn up. In between, people are scrambling to find empty conference rooms to conduct meetings at like 5:15 pm. Most of the cubicles are still occupied. I had a feeling that they have no respect for the other person's time and effort. If you're unsure if somebody fits the bill, shouldn't a phone interview be done to make sure they might be a good fit? Why would you make somebody take half a day off from work to commute all the way and then make them wait for so long and then say the interviewer is busy in another meeting?
To top it all, I was asked by the HR who delivered the news about the manager being unavailable if I wanted to come back to talk to that person who was then busy.

Interview Question – Questions related to troubleshooting in production, tools used etc.   Answer Question

POS Associate Interview

POS Associate
Grandville, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in August 2014.

Interview Details I applied yesterday afternoon online and received a call regarding the interview. my interview was this morning this afternoon the interview was a group interview it was pretty simple we went around the room told them about ourselves and answeredsome situational questions and fill out some paperwork while the two managers went on office and discuss some things we were then called out one by one summary not given a drop off your book summary given the job offer if the background check was clearedI'm hired in less than 24 hours of my application being submitted

Interview Question – name a time you went above and beyond what happened customer   Answer Question

Point of Sales Specialistu Interview

Point of Sales Specialistu

Interviewed at Kohl's

Interview Details Had a group interview and each person would go around the room answering the same questions so you had to think on your feet and be creative on how you answered it so that you stood out. Lots of situational questions. Hiring process was simple. I applied in store and within a week I received a call to come in for an interview. After the group interview the managers spoke in the office and one by one brought those of us in to answer some additional questions individually.

Interview Question – What would you do if you caught a fellow associate being dishonest?   View Answer

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Sales Floor Associate
Shelby Township, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in August 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and about a week later was called in for an interview. First woman interviewed me and said she recognized me from my previous job, the sent in another woman to interview me and and we really hit it off. I got a call two hours later with a job offer.

Interview Question – Name a time when you took a risk...?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, dirt wages.

Very Difficult Interview

Security Interview

Security
Abilene, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Kohl's in January 2010.

Interview Details Was asked why do I want to work here, I stated I have never shopped in the store so I have no experience to compare to competitors, (none in any other five towns or states I have ever lived in) To benefit your team where I could best utilize my experience, abilities and skills in a challenging position with advancement opportunities, with increasing responsibilities as a team member experiences

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Kohl's, He kept asking the question, then after repeating my answer, I said to Benefit my family financially to be able to keep the lifestyle we all enjoy.   View Answer

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Sales Floor Associate
Wappingers Falls, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kohl's in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and they called me a day later. The interview was a group interview. There was myself and 5 other candidates. None of them were dressed in business casual like i was which was very off-putting. One man was wearing crocks with socks. If anything the other candidates were what made the interview so horrible. None of them were prepared, none dressed appropriately, none of them answered the interviewers questions very well, a lot of them would say "I agree with her" (NEVER say that, you need to make yourself seem unique even if you do agree try to put a twist on your answer). All in all, the interview was a disaster and was a terrible experience. I tried to go in with a positive attitude but really Kohl's is just lazy for not interviewing individually. I am currently working two job and was just hoping to swap one of my current ones with Kohl's. My availability was not very good and that ended up being why i didn't get the job. My advice would be to stand out the best that you can. Wear something fashion-forward, not something plain and unmemorable. Also, answer every question as honestly as possible, if you do get the job and that type of situation comes up in the interview it does not look so great for you. Plus most of the time the interviewer can tell if you are trying to make something up.Practice answering your interview questions either by yourself or have someone ask you them and try to answer them on the fly. Yesterday i got a job offer for a supervisor position with another company so i am not too upset about this interview not going well. So if you don't get the job don't be discouraged! Something will come. Good luck everyone!

Interview Question – None, all were very basic interview questions. Literally google "basic interview questions" and those are what were asked. Such as "name a difficult situation and how you dealt with it.", "name a time you got frustrated." "name a time you had a conflict at work with either a fellow employee or a customer". "what would you do if you caught a fellow employee stealing?" and so on. Very basic.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details Group interview well versed. Lots of questions regarding the customer and how to handle certain situations. Two managers at a time and grand opening new store. Looked for leads and people with certain skills. Smile and eye contact biggest attributes

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had a conflict with a customer/associate?   View Answer

POS Sales Associate Interview

POS Sales Associate
South Elgin, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Kohl's in November 2013.

Interview Details I applied & before I could even check up on my application, they called me asking me to come in for a group interview. The group was about 6 people. The manager asks a question & you raise your hand to answer the question. Sometimes he went around the group.

Interview Question – When was there a time I had an altercation with another coworker.   Answer Question

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

Kohls Sales Associate
Southaven, MS (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in May 2014.

Interview Details I filled out a application through SnagAJob.com .I started calling everyday and asking for the manager but he was so hard to find.I finally got a hold of him after a few weeks.He told me to come in at 3:00 P.M the next day.I came in early at 2:30 P.M and he didn't come in till 5:15 P.M that day.So I had waited all that time that day dedicated to get a job. When he finally got there he asked me questions and told me he was going to hire me,He lied!

Interview Question – Simple Questions   Answer Question

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!