Kohl's Interview Questions

Updated 17 Oct 2014
Updated 17 Oct 2014

2.2

Android Engineer Interview

HR contacted via linked in, took them 2 weeks to get my resume to hiring manager, Hiring manager called and asked some technical questions, overall it was slow process for me compare to other companies.

Store Management Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kohl's.

The internship process was standard. I was first asked some behavioral questions, and then I was told about the position and what to expect. All my question were answered. Personally, I thought the answers were vague and not very helpful. The interview was brief and to the point. This was my first interview

Store Management Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview was super casual however the case study was super clustered. They had 8 of us in a case study due to short time and it was honestly a debacle.

Sales Associate Interview

First, about a week after I put in my application on sangajob, I was invited in to do a group interview. The group interview was with four other interviewees. The group in interview went well and I was call.about three days later to do another interview with the store manager. That interview also went well. Then I was called about two days later about the job offer and to set up an orientation date.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate

Sales Floor Associate Interview

This was for a new store. They had us in a group interview with about 15 people. They sat us in a room in a hotel with 2 managers I believe. They would ask a question and randomly ask one of us to answer the question. They would also present us scenarios and ask us for "a time when you exhibited" so and so. Be prepared to present a sales pitch for an in-store credit card.

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's.

Applied online and received a call the next day. When I got there the employees were kinda giving me the eye. They seemed to be thrown off by someone wearing a vest. They sent me to the back and there were 10-25 other people sitting in this lobby like area. Allot of them looked like they came in off the street. I was surprised when they called around 15 people to come sit around a table (all for the same job).

The interviewer didn't even make eye contact with us he spent the whole time looking down at a paper. He asked a question then one by one we had to answer the question. It felt pretty degrading to be honest. The people that turned up ranged from 18 year olds to 50 year olds. Unsurprisingly the older people made the young people look like fools. Honestly felt like we were only there to fill the seat.

As we leave, the interviewer shakes our hands. This time he only looks at the women and doesn't make eye contact or speak to the men at all. I watched him the entire time, I was the last to leave the room.

It is the worst interview experience I had ever had up till today. Young people and first timers, stay away especially if you're a guy. Introverts, do yourself a favor and stay away.

Interview Questions
    • Really generic pointless questions that barely have anything to do with the position.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

I thought this was a joke. I applied online and was contacted within 24 hours. Went to a fairly simple sit down interview and literally up and left after I heard the starting pay was 7.55/hr.Was basically offered a job by simply applying.

I was looking for a little part-time gig for the holidays. I don't expect to get rich in a retail job, but minimum wage for a experience and a degree is pathetic. I answered some generic questions and when we got to the part on salary I literally laughed and said thank you, that'll be all and walked out.

Interview Questions
    • None. Tell me a time you gave great customer service... all the generic questions. For minimum wage, i dont know why they even bother   View Answer

The pay was terrible.

Merchandise Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

I was referred by a current employee of Kohl's. I received an email from the recruiter with a link to a video interview. You have 7 days to complete the interview. The video interview had 5 questions that you record yourself answering. After that you go to Milwaukee for two days of in-person interview and then they extend offers.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in retail at Kohl's?
      What makes a good team?
      What are some of your favorite jobs?
      What's an example of when you've been analytical with finances?
      Describe the characteristics of your favorite mentor or manager.
        Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

Got a call soon after applying. Applied online, before asking for personal information, had to pass a presonality quiz. It was a group interview with 5 other people. Had to fill out a few forms then we were asked some questions.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kohl's.

I applied in person and i got called in for an interview along with other people too, it was pretty easy and more of a group interview, after that i spoke with the manager and was given the job