Kroger

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Roanoke, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kroger in November 2012.

Interview Details One call from head of human resources to set up interview with store manager, then a drug test and background check, then a second interview to review findings of test and check and to finalize hire (taxes, uniform, name-tag, etc). Training at district headquarters and then training in department.

Interview Question – What benefit will you be to the company?   Answer Question

Deli Clerk

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kroger in March 2013.

Interview Details Did an online application, got a call back within a few days from the Hiring Manager to come in for a interview, the manager had a list of like 25 questions she asked only 10. Was offered the job on the spot as long as I pass the drug test and background check. Got my results in 3 days and started training 2 days after. The whole process took about a week in a half.

Interview Question – No difficult questions but the interviewer wanted to know why I wanted to work in the Deli department.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation period

Very Easy Interview

Clear Lake, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details I had one interview it was brief. I was hired because of my background in food service.

Seattle, WA (US)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Kroger in February 2012.

Interview Details A lot of questions about old jobs, 'name a time when you helped somebody' sort of questions.
They also ask about what your goals in life are career wise.

Interview Question – What career would you really enjoy?   Answer Question

Jefferson, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kroger in May 2009.

Interview Details Overall, the interview process was not bad. The online application covered a personality test. The interviewer asked questions regarding working with others and working with the public. The basic questions about when you are able to start, etc. were asked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation...they have a scale based on your experience level.

Very Easy Interview

Ann Arbor, MI (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at Kroger in June 2008.

Interview Details Very straight forward interview. Asks for availability.

Interview Question – What was your previous experiences   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kroger

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kroger Deli Clerk interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kroger employees and interview candidates.