Kroger Interview Questions

Updated 15 Apr 2015
Updated 15 Apr 2015

1.9

Production Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Was emailed to come in for a interview and plant tour in a week. Had a panel interview with Plant Manager, HR Manager, Quality Manager, and Superintendent. They went took turn asking the standard interview questions. After that there was a plant tour. Was called the next day to have a phone interview with the Production Manager

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a career? Where do you see yourself in five years? Tell about an accomplishment? Pretty standard questions.   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kroger (Houston, TX (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and took about 30 minutes to finish. 4 days later I got a call from them. They reviewed when I could work; they said for now there's no open positions. However, the lady said she put on file for open positions in the future. Don't no if that means anything.

Part-Time Cashier Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Kroger (Dallas, TX (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

It was very simple! I applied online and the following day I received a phone call, I had a quick over the phone interview. Asking the basic questions. Then from there I was scheduled an in person interview, which turned out to be easy! I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite snack?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Kroger (Houston, TX (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

About three weeks after submitting my online application, I checked my voicemail and saw that Kroger had contacted me. I called them back, and they gave me an initial phone screen, which I wasn't expecting. The questions were easy, though--nothing you wouldn't be asked in a typical face-to-face interview--so I already had answers prepared. I did well, so the person invited me to a group interview at noon the next day.

There were three other people being interviewed at the same time as me, and everyone was really friendly. I have generalized anxiety disorder but this wasn't nerve-wracking at all. First we filled out some paperwork about our availability and such. Then we were asked to give a sales pitch about one of our favorite products we buy at Kroger. We were in two-person teams for this part, but each of us got graded separately. It wasn't hard at all; I think they were mainly looking for friendliness and enthusiasm.

The only real interview question we were asked was something along the lines of "Talk about a time when you had to make an unpopular decision involving friends or coworkers." After that, we were all hired on the spot. All we had to do then was a mouth swab drug test. We were told we'd be emailed about orientation once our background check and drug test results came back.

The whole thing lasted an hour or so, but it was so laid-back and pleasant that it didn't feel nearly that long.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had to make an unpopular decision involving friends or coworkers.   Answer Question

Produce/Salad Bar Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Kroger (Nashville, TN (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the company a week later. I was asked very simple questions and an interview was scheduled for the following Monday. I was interviewed twice in one day by HR people and manager. Took a month or so to complete.

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger (Seattle, WA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Super easy. Interviewers were very nice and chill which made me feel a lot better about the interview. I was super stressed out about the interview but there was no reason for it.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have? Describe a time you had to deal with a rude customer?   Answer Question

Deli/Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger (Alcoa, TN (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Easy on the nerves interview. It was more like a conversation than an interview. manager told me we'd go into the next step which was a drug screening. It was a swab test that I had to call and schedule.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kroger.

Interview

easy just asked if I could perform the job and what my avilabilty was, the manager was nice but no longer there so everyone is just rude,i wouldn't recommend this place unless u are a teen

Store Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger.

Interview

You come in and then see and go to the Hr room. In that room you may have people taking computer tests which makes it a little uncomfortable. After that you may be meeting with the assisted store manager and Hr. They will ask you the standard interview questions. After that they will let you know if you have the job or they will email you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You can ask for experience pay

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger (North Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

as long as you showed up on time and dont seem like too much of a screw up you have the job in the bag, when getting interviewed it was more of getting all your paperwork and drug tests done (which is a saliva test)