Kroger Interview Questions

Updated 16 Oct 2014
Updated 16 Oct 2014

1.9

Administrative Assistant Interview

Just a few questions about previous work experience. Most questions are generic interview questions. Alot about what I had done prevuiosly with the company and how I worked with manegement to solve problems.

Courtesy Clerk/Bagger Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger in July 2014.

My Interview was a group interview with about 8 people in applying for different jobs (including me). We all got a worksheet that asked very basic questions, What was your favorite job or assignment, what was your least favorite job or assignment, what you feel someone needs to have (personality wise) to be most helpful to customers, and how as an individual can you improve. We had to read off this portion. Next thing on the worksheet was "What is your favorite product in the store." and everyone was grouped into groups of two. We then had to "sell" her our products that the both of us chose. This was a teamwork exercise and only last about a minute per group. After that, the interview process was over and the person giving the interview gave us all a drug test and after we turned in our drug test, we were free to go and we all had gotten a job.

Part-Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kroger in July 2014.

It was easy on july 22 i called at like 2:00 pm and i got an interview during that call at 6:00 pm it was GREAT and easy. Now tommorow i go in for training.
    Im 17 and was able to negotiate ALOT of HOURS which is exactly what i wanted.
    I got 25-28 hours for this job
    Now i can work directly after school and can work AS MANY as hours as i want
    Im currently a resident in
    Roswell, Georgia

Just go in with a smile and MAKE SURE
    You call back within 24 hours
    You never know what happened to me could happen to you....

Front End Employees Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kroger in July 2014.

10 minutes. Cursory review of application. If you can fog a mirror & make an "X"on the doted line, you are in.

They seek anyone that will work that states they can work all 7 days of the week.

Interview Questions
    • When can you start & can you pass a cotton swab drug test.   Answer Question
    Not applicable. All positions are UNION scaled & slotted at hourly wages. Although you may get a "bump" with prior retail experience.

Meat Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger in July 2014.

Went through two different interviews. First was just a basic answer questions. Then they will call you back for drug test and papers to go to an offsite training facility. The training was long and boring and consisted of two days. Really did not learn much. The hours are long and usually alone and they leave you lists of things to do every day.

Pay is already set

Lead Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kroger.

When I was hired they were still doing paper applications. Filled it out got called in next day. I completed the computer training that day. Was asked what hours I was available, bingo, I was hired that day.

none union rates

Part-Time Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger.

The hiring process was pretty nice, the Hiring manager was pretty amiable and kind. She called and made sure I could make it to the group interview and worked with me on the subject of my birth certificate not being in my possession at the time. She was very friendly and even waiting for the other interviewees before she started.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult or unexpected question was the whole Union situation. The union situation kind of felt very pushy and didn't really seem like an option to actually opt out of. But I did make my decision on my own and I'm kind of glad the guy was a little pushy about the union thing. As I was immediately treated unfairly on my third day on on the job training. I'm probably going to try to contact him for more information.   View Answer

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kroger.

I was originally interviewed to be a courtesy clerk and they just asked the basic questions of a typical interview and then told me what I was going to be paid per hour starting out. They also assigned me to the store I would work. They also did a mouth swab drug test.

Its a two-tier union pay scale where part-time is paid less than full-time.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kroger.

I had an interview with the HR at one particular store. The HR was very sweet and on the older side. Honestly the easiest interview I have ever done. Manners are huge. She was presently surprised when I shook her hand. It seemed like she already knew that she was going to hire me half-way through because the interview transitioned from interview questions to talking about what the job entailed.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kroger.

job fair at college, recruiter contacted me a week later to set up an interview. Arrived at the interview and found out it was a panel of various management personnel. very intimidating.

no negotiation