Kroger

Updated 14 Dec 2014
Updated 14 Dec 2014

2.0

Floor Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kroger.

Group interview. We had a group project and working in groups of four to make a meal out of our favorite dishes. It broke the tension and nervous-ness in the room, had us laughing. They will automatically weed out the people who they aren't going to hire and keep the people they will hire in the room and talk about job opportunities. Easy questions.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. You get on a company set wage.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kroger.

Simply applying online and waiting for a response. I recommend looking up who the recruiter is and emailing them that you have applied online it can help. Most likely the orientation is set by groups. Consider the Orientation as a You are Hired at least unless you fail the drug test or choose to decline the job at the last second for whatever reason you choose.

Maintenance Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kroger.

I first applied to the job online after a friend of mine who worked there said they were hiring. I don't remember how long it took to get a call back. Maybe 3-7 days. I know it was quicker than I expected. The interview was maybe a week or so after that, and it was a pretty quick process. I was asked why I left my former job and why I was looking for new employment. She then told me that they weren't looking for positions I applied for, but they were looking for a maintenance clerk. I said I was okay with that and I was given a drug test. I was told I'd be contacted in about five days, but it was actually almost two weeks before I heard from them again, but I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • If I remember correctly, I was asked what I could bring to the table, so to speak. Since I was applying as a maintenance clerk, I didn't really know what to say.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canal Winchester, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canal Winchester, OH (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger.

I spoke with 3 people: hiring manager, store manager, and customer service care aka csc (boss of the cashiers, baggers, customer service helpers)

I explained to the hiring manager past work experience, skills, and community service that was presented on my resume.

Hiring manager explained job duties and expectations

Store manager also reviewed my resume and asked about some things on there, also asked me about the Kroger company.

Csc confirmed and asked about my availablity from application

Interview Questions
    • Store manager asking me about the Kroger company. I did do a little research before hand, but it did not help. The store manager worded questions in a way I did not understand.   Answer Question
    Job descriptions are accurate so make sure thats what you want to do. If not you can always talk to someone about switching job positions even to a different department or store.

You must speak up though if you feel some type of way about your job.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Štore (Slovenia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Štore (Slovenia)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kroger.

Applied online not expecting to get a reply, however got a call in 4 days. Interview was sceduled for an additional 2 days. Preped for an elaborate interview. Didn't need todo on this day. It was very layed back. Basic questions including what area of store I want ie deli, produce. It was over with any questions from me. Of course got the obligatory "we will be making a decision in a couple of days" response.

Interview Questions
    • None really, just be prepared for anything.   View Answer

Night Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kroger.

The hiring manager and the whole entire managing team is horrible. When I enter the office, two employees just playing computer games on the computer. And the hiring manager asked me some personal questions that is irrelevant to the job.

Cashier Interview

It was not what I expected I hope that you have better luck than I did. everything is done online. I feel that was impressionable. when did getting away from face to face meetings go away

Nutrion Lead Interview

a lot of questions from that cao card, and a lot of questions about the telsgun so you need to know that by hear with out looking at it and know the quick keys too that is also on that cao card

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger in August 2014.

Group interview
    Nice interviewer
    Easy going environment
    8 of us were applying
    3 hired on the spot
    Others waiting for call or email
    Lasted an hour including drug test
    Asked 5 easy questions

Go in a couple days before interview to know where to go in store
       Show up at least 15 minutes early to fill out paperwork
       Dress nice
    When asked about favorite in store product talk about it a little, explain why, and have a small conversation about it

No negotiations

Be yourself, be friendly, smile

Stackoff In Warehouse Overnight Shift Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, SC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, SC (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kroger in August 2014.

From Kroger webpage I applied for a warehouse position online a few hours later Operations Mgr called me and did a phone interview screening prior to formal interview with him and another team resource leader. Showed up for the interview and the receptionist was extremely friendly and welcoming. She even offered that she loved working there, Nicole was her name. Did not have to wait HR greeted me and we walked into a meeting room with 3 other people. Panel interview for a warehouse job was surprised initially, but then they were so warm and welcoming just figured that is how things work down here in SC, I am recently from Boston & West Palm Beach. There were 15 questions and some of them were indeed redundant. Too bad they could not of sent out a electronic personality test questionnaire like other jobs of this entry level. I was told on the phone all associates are hired at entry level. Even ones with MBA? (wanted to rebuttal that question).