Kroger

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Detroit, MI (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details job fair at college, recruiter contacted me a week later to set up an interview. Arrived at the interview and found out it was a panel of various management personnel. very intimidating.

Interview Question – standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Part-Time Cashier Interview

Part-Time Cashier

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kroger in December 2011.

Interview Details Kroger had opened a new Kroger so I was in a a group interview, It was at least 10 of us and the manger ask us a different sistuation you would incounter at the strore and we had to come up with the best answer

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Courtesy Clerk
Marion, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kroger in June 2010.

Interview Details Applied online at Kroger's website. Called my local Kroger HR manager's office phone once every week to check the status of my application. On the third week, I was called on my cell phone to attend an interview. What I discovered was that the "interview" was actually orientation, and that my application had already been more or less accepted.

Interview Question – No questions were asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations were not an option. The positions available were take-it-or-leave-it.

Deli/Bakery Clerk Interview

Deli/Bakery Clerk
Gassaway, WV (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kroger in June 2013.

Interview Details It was a wonderful interview; like talking among friends. The interview wasn't scary, it was one on one with an assistant manager. The interview wasn't laced with trick questions. I found that this kind of interview helped build my interviewing skills.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question: "What's your favorite color?" I loved this question, though. But I'll admit that it wasn't what I had planned for.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much of a negotiation phase. I waited for my drug screen to come back and then gave them my availability and started immediately.

Part-Time Cashier Interview

Part-Time Cashier
Keller, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details Group interview, if you get nervous this is great. I very much preferred this to an individual interview. It was weird that they never said I was hired. I was called for the interview then everyone came back the next day and was told when to pick up the uniforms.

Interview Question – The usual   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Barista

I applied online - interviewed at Kroger in June 2010.

Interview Details Straight forward interview process. There is a long questionnaire in the online application process that screens for eligibility in what is some kind of behavior and judgement assessment. The in person interview was short and sweet mainly centered around customer service and past experiences.

Interview Question – Explain to me your most difficult customer experience and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Deli Clerk Interview

Deli Clerk
Shelbyville, IN (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Kroger in August 2012.

Interview Details Interview process was very easy. Took some time to get in for an interview once phone contact was made. Hold up was due to waiting on background check to come through. Expected hourly wage was communicated by interviewer during interview. Hired at end of interview.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase.

Cashier Interview

Cashier

Interviewed at Kroger

Interview Details Submitted an application and about 5 days later I was given a call. They asked me if I was still interested in the position, would be willing to work on weekends and weekdays and receive minimum wage. She then set up an interview.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
South Lyon, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kroger in May 2014.

Interview Details I applied on a Sunday and got a call two days later and interviewed the day after getting the call. The lady who called me was also the one who interviewed me. My interview was easy and went by very quick. She looked over my application then asked me about my availability. After that, she told me that they do a mandatory drug test and background check then asked me if that was ok. When I said that was ok, she gave me the drug test and had me sign and initial some things. After the test was complete, she told me that she'll call me in a week when the results come back and get me set up for orientation then get me working.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Only asked about my availability.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Courtesy Clerk

Interviewed at Kroger

Interview Details To begin the process an online application and an assessment is required. It is followed by an an person interview with hiring manager. Background check and drug tests are required but the drug test is done after you pass the background check. It seemed fairly standard.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you helped someone you did not know, in the past two weeks   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none