L'Oréal USA Interview Questions

Updated 24 Mar 2015

3.1

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at L'Oréal USA in March 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position and was contacted by email the same day to schedule a phone interview. I confirmed the time however they never called me. Very unprofessional. Received no response back as to why I was never contacted.

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Interview

By far the worst interview I've had in my career. The recruiter who contacted me was extremely unprofessional.

She had me on the speakerphone, shoveling through papers the whole time. She couldn't even remember the questions to ask me and was mumbling through the whole interview.

She sounded so uninterested (from the very start) I couldn't help but wonder why was she wasting my time. If she is a representative of L'Oréal, I wish no part of it ...

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at L'Oréal USA (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I was asked to come in with about a week's notice, and was very excited to be meeting with 4 of the senior brand people (VP, SVP, etc.). The interviews were very long--I spent a total of about 5 hours in the office that day--and I was grilled about my marketing experiences, ability to work independently, my skills, etc. Some of the people I met with told me that L'Oreal tends to be very unorganized and that I need to be able to work autonomously and be able to shift gears at any given moment because of this lack of organization. One interviewer also pointed out that L'Oreal was great from the outside looking in, but was a "big monster" once you got in the doors.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my experiences in marketing, social media, product development, and familiarity with the skincare industry (It was for a brand in ACD). I was asked to give examples of how I worked autonomously, an example of a challenge I've faced in my current position that I was able to overcome, and examples of social media campaigns I'd run. One interviewer grilled me about how my education in Psychology was relevant to marketing (personally, I think there's a huge crossover in psychology and marketing), asked if I've worked with legal teams (L'Oreal has a very extensive legal department) and how much I've been involved in product development and clinical claims development, as well as how much experience I had working with retail. They were standard interview questions, but the atmosphere was very tense.   1 Answer

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal USA (Columbia, MO (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

My sister has a friend at the company and introduced us. I then contacted her and we had a nice email conversation and she passed on my information to someone who was better suited to talk to me about opportunities. Then a 30 minute phone interview was conducted and it was awesome, fun, and really exciting.

Interview Questions

• What exactly do you do in school and what does your major consist of?   1 Answer

Taste of LOreal Marketing Interview

Interview

Started with an online application followed by a phone interview - know WHY LOreal and why you applied to the department that you chose. Be able to talk about situation-oriented questions.. ex) Describe a time when you handled a conflict with a co-worker. From there I was invited to attend the Taste of L'Oreal weekend in NYC - AMAZING experience. Really gives you a feel for the company and the beauty industry. The first day started with a networking event (bring business cards) followed by a day of case studies the next day. This is the most important day. You are evaluated throughout the entire process and must be willing to work well in a team setting. The final interview day is more honest conversation about yourself and your experience in the case study. You also need to market a product to the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• How does L'Oreal inspire an aesthetic sense/feeling within X product.   Answer Question

Short Term Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted abs had a 30 minute screening with one of their HR recruiters. After about a week I was notified that they wanted to bring me onsite for an interview; this interview consisted of a presentation (about yourself/a successful project), followed by Q&A, and finally a case study. All in all it took about 2 hours. After a bit of back and forth, I was then contacted by a different director for a brief phone interview. About a month later, I received the offer.

Interview Questions

• have you ever gone beyond your boundaries to make a suggestion or change   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time you faced challenges with a coworker and how did you deal with that   Answer Question

Negotiation

Attempted to negotiate, was told the offer had already been adjusted and was the best case for this specific role.

Manager Interview

Interview

Very informal, had two conversations and received an offer very quickly.

Process was very disorganized. Was told the process was over when in reality there was much more to be done. Never knew what to expect.

Interview Questions

• Just a casual conversation. No hard questions, a couple "tell me about a time", but jotting hard. Mostly talking through work history.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Had to negotiate with someone who didn't have any power. Then she went to superior for approval and superior surprised everyone.

We're open to my requests, superior offered more than I asked for which was nice.

MBA Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at L'Oréal USA in January 2015.

Interview

Recruitment started at my university where L'Oreal came to the school for a corporate presentation. Applications were due quite early, 2nd week of November. I had a follow-up phone screening with an HR Finance recruiter about a month after I applied. The phone screening was a mixture of technical and behavioral questions. A few weeks later, I was invited to Taste of L'Oreal in January.

Taste of L'Oreal for finance was MBAs only and one day, versus two days for marketing. We completed a group case, followed by a 45 minute behavioral 2 on 1 interview, and then went right into presenting our case for 30 minutes with 15 minutes of Q&A. The case relied on basic financial concepts. It was information rich and the two hours that we had to prepare flew by. We completed the day around 5pm on Friday. The following Monday afternoon, I received a call indicating I was offered a summer internship.

Interview Questions

• Group case - There were 2 people watching us and taking notes. It was a bit awkward at first, but you get used to it. I think it's a good way to measure how you work in a team. I like that this part is part of the whole evaluation process.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Interview

Phone screening asking basic interview questions, after you pass that then you are invited to attend a 2-day recruitment event and have to do: group project (business case), presentation (they ask you about the group project process and to present your findings), two-on-one interview (one person is HR and one is from Finance)

Interview Questions

• What do you know about brand finance? How comfortable are you with Excel? Do you know how to do pivot tables and ...?   Answer Question

Summer Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Interview

Submitted an application online which was pretty thorough. Then I had a phone interview with mostly behavioral questions, and a few on how to increase profitability. Nothing too difficult. Over 500 people apply and only 20 made it to the final round, so remember to show how much you want to work for them. The final round of interviews is in their New York office and the whole event is called "A Taste Of L'Oreal." You have to get into teams and work on a case study with four questions and present it to the l'oreal team. While the questions itself weren't that difficult (profit margin, break-even, cost analysis etc. Know your excel!!), there was EXTREME time pressure, and having to work in teams and divide up work evenly is stressful. Don't take over the whole project, make sure to integrate everyone.
    Then, there is a 2 on 1 interview. Again, normal behavioral stuff, a few cost analysis questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you decrease the costs of (random L'Oreal product)?   Answer Question