LA Quinta

Updated 21 Jul 2014
Updated 21 Jul 2014

2.0

Guest Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at LA Quinta.

A mutual acquaintance gave the GM my resume and I was asked to come in for an interview. The interview itself was about 5-10 minutes. Very straight to the point. I was asked about hypothetical situations such as calming an angry customer or rectifying a mistake that I'd made. Your run of the mill interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake at work and the steps you took to fix it.   Answer Question
    I tried to negotiate higher pay, but instead was promised 40 hours a week. I accepted.

Front Desk Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at LA Quinta.

Applied online. Had interview with General manager and then assistant general manager

There was no negotiation

FDSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at LA Quinta in November 2013.

They pulled my resume off of Monster.com and called me in for an Interview the following day. I interviewed with the GM.

Interview Questions
    • We basically discussed my availability. Why La Quinta? Tell me about yourself? What did you like about your old job? What is one thing your former employer would say you had to work on?   Answer Question
    The GM was not trying to negotiate at all.

Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pinellas Park, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pinellas Park, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at LA Quinta in July 2013.

I arrived early, the general manager interviewing me arrived late. He started by asking about my college education, which I thought was a little strange and irrelevant for a simple housekeeping position. Asked general questions that I'm pretty sure he was just reading off a page in front of him. Why do I want to work there? Who was my favorite past boss and why? What would I do if I saw someone clocking in for someone else? What would I do if asked to stay and work off the clock? Did I have any questions? Pretty basic stuff, easy enough interview process. I asked about the business culture and what a typical day would be like. He spoke about what I would be doing and told me about benefits I'd receive. This was a Wednesday and he said he'd make a decision by Friday and call, but also gave me his card and told me to call him on Friday. I sent him a thank you note and called on Friday as I was instructed after I didn't hear anything. He didn't answer so I left a message. I never heard anything back which honestly surprised me because I thought it went very well and I thought I did everything right. The manager interviewing me seemed like he'd be a decent boss and the few other employees I interacted with were nice and seemed content with working there.

Interview Questions
    • What would I do if asked to stay and work off the clock?   View Answer

Assistant General Manager Interview

I applied on line, the next day I received a call to set up the interview, I was so excited.
    I scheduled the interview by phone, I thought interview went very well. I took the on line screening. Two weeks went by, no phone calls or emails. I then called HR, they said everyone was at the Convention. For me to wait. so I waited another 10 days. So after a total of 4 weeks, I got a voice mail, if I was interested in a personal interview, to call and the local GM would interview me. Sadly I had an ER situation for my family. I was not able to interview.I think I was labeled for life. I kept calling, emailing, I applied four more times, I was told someone else was hired.
    I am so dissapointed, that I thought this was a wonderful national chain, I am well trained as a GM and would have been grateful to be an ASST MGR. with this Company, however, I will never ever be given the chance, because I was at the ER. than one day.
    sad, the position is now open again, and several more. they could have had a great Asst Mgr. who would have helped them rank high, and been loyal to them for years to come.
    But Darn the emergency we had, will haunt me:(.
    Wait, not anymore, I just got the job of my dreams, yesterday :)))
    and it's not La Quinta .

Interview Questions
    • if you are interested in the interview call us back, but if you dont the second we ask you to.
      we will write your name in the book of NO HIRE EVER AGAIN>

Answer Question

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pompano Beach, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pompano Beach, FL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at LA Quinta in March 2013.

I was hired on the spot after 5 minutes conversation because it looked like nobody wanted that position at the place. My suspect was real.
    It seemed they were panicked because they were unable to find anybody to do the job.

Interview Questions
    • Are you available to empty the trash cans while doing your job as Engineer?   View Answer
    No room for negotiation. Take it or leave it was the response of the General Manager. Usually they hire people with a very low salary even if you have very good skills. They try to milk you by paying a very low wage and they don't care about your experience and skills at all.

Night Auditor Interview

Very fast and simple questions. Applied in the morning got called that afternoon and was hired the next day.

Assistant General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at LA Quinta.

After filling out the online application I started the LONG process of being hired. I had 5 phone interviews over 4 months and then a face to face interview. Everyone is very nice and the process itself not not a hassle just took a very long time.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you want to be part of the La Quinta team? It is not so much the question itself but they want you to be very well versed with the company and why you want to work with them.   Answer Question
    Very smooth. They made a fair offer to start with and the benefit package is really good

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at LA Quinta in November 2012.

Resume. Call. Interview

Interview Questions
    • None were really difficult. Do you have any experience in a hotel? How does your previous experience prepare you for this job?   Answer Question

Night Auditor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at LA Quinta in May 2012.

Applied online. I received a call from the GM within a few days. Met with her that same day. I filled out another application and took a lengthy personality survey. Spoke with the GM, one on one. We played a scenario game, she asked about prior customer service experience. Extremely nice and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were simple to answer. Mostly geared towards prior experience.   Answer Question