LA Quinta Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014
Updated Jul 21, 2014
26 interviews

Guest Representative Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at LA Quinta.

A mutual acquaintance gave the GM my resume and I was asked to come in for an interview. The interview itself was about 5-10 minutes. Very straight to the point. I was asked about hypothetical situations such as calming an angry customer or rectifying a mistake that I'd made. Your run of the mill interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake at work and the steps you took to fix it.   Answer Question
    I tried to negotiate higher pay, but instead was promised 40 hours a week. I accepted.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LA Quinta in December 2010.

You speak with an HR person fill out a "survey" assessment then if you qualify you are reffered to an RVP who then interviews you and makes the decision with HR

I was told i would not get more than offered due to my experience level. Depending on your RVP the starting pay can vary greatly some of them really short change their GM's others

Marketing Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irving, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LA Quinta in September 2010.

Met with at least five people on my first interview day. Met with two "new" people and two known people on the second day. No unexpected questions. Met with supervisors-to-be and peers. Everyone was extremely pleasant.

Easy - no problem.

Assistant General Manager ( Hotel ) Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at LA Quinta in July 2010.

Originally was connected via recruiter. First 3 interviews were phone interviews; one interview with the outside recruiter, one with the HR recruiter, one with the Regional Vice President. Then an in-person interview with the Regional VP.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Given the chance to do it again, I would push harder.

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Orleans, LA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at LA Quinta in October 2011.

Interview process started with a phone interview with a recruiter. Next step was another phone interview with the regional sales director. Next was in-erson interview on property with GM and AGM. Next interview took place in Dallas with VP of Sales.

Interview Questions
    • None that I can think of...pretty typical questions. I did have concerns about how they expected me to run my sales week and the lack of help with paperwork and on-property things. When I would bring up these concerns, I heard over and over "you book it, and operations cooks it" That did not happen. You book it and operations blames you when they drop the ball.   Answer Question
    The salary was fair and no negotiation was needed, other than approval for a already-scheduled vacation.

FDSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at LA Quinta in November 2013.

They pulled my resume off of Monster.com and called me in for an Interview the following day. I interviewed with the GM.

Interview Questions
    • We basically discussed my availability. Why La Quinta? Tell me about yourself? What did you like about your old job? What is one thing your former employer would say you had to work on?   Answer Question
    The GM was not trying to negotiate at all.

Front Desk Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at LA Quinta.

Applied online. Had interview with General manager and then assistant general manager

There was no negotiation

Front Desk Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Garden City, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LA Quinta in October 2009.

There are usually 1 or 2 interviews before being hired. But you will not be hired if you don't pass the personality assessment test, whether they like you during the interview or not.

Interview Questions
    • they give you scenarios to conclude what you would do in different situations.   Answer Question

Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Pinellas Park, FL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Pinellas Park, FL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at LA Quinta in July 2013.

I arrived early, the general manager interviewing me arrived late. He started by asking about my college education, which I thought was a little strange and irrelevant for a simple housekeeping position. Asked general questions that I'm pretty sure he was just reading off a page in front of him. Why do I want to work there? Who was my favorite past boss and why? What would I do if I saw someone clocking in for someone else? What would I do if asked to stay and work off the clock? Did I have any questions? Pretty basic stuff, easy enough interview process. I asked about the business culture and what a typical day would be like. He spoke about what I would be doing and told me about benefits I'd receive. This was a Wednesday and he said he'd make a decision by Friday and call, but also gave me his card and told me to call him on Friday. I sent him a thank you note and called on Friday as I was instructed after I didn't hear anything. He didn't answer so I left a message. I never heard anything back which honestly surprised me because I thought it went very well and I thought I did everything right. The manager interviewing me seemed like he'd be a decent boss and the few other employees I interacted with were nice and seemed content with working there.

Interview Questions
    • What would I do if asked to stay and work off the clock?   View Answer

Assistant General Manager Interview

I applied on line, the next day I received a call to set up the interview, I was so excited.
    I scheduled the interview by phone, I thought interview went very well. I took the on line screening. Two weeks went by, no phone calls or emails. I then called HR, they said everyone was at the Convention. For me to wait. so I waited another 10 days. So after a total of 4 weeks, I got a voice mail, if I was interested in a personal interview, to call and the local GM would interview me. Sadly I had an ER situation for my family. I was not able to interview.I think I was labeled for life. I kept calling, emailing, I applied four more times, I was told someone else was hired.
    I am so dissapointed, that I thought this was a wonderful national chain, I am well trained as a GM and would have been grateful to be an ASST MGR. with this Company, however, I will never ever be given the chance, because I was at the ER. than one day.
    sad, the position is now open again, and several more. they could have had a great Asst Mgr. who would have helped them rank high, and been loyal to them for years to come.
    But Darn the emergency we had, will haunt me:(.
    Wait, not anymore, I just got the job of my dreams, yesterday :)))
    and it's not La Quinta .

Interview Questions
    • if you are interested in the interview call us back, but if you dont the second we ask you to.
      we will write your name in the book of NO HIRE EVER AGAIN>
        Answer Question

Worked for LA Quinta? Contribute to the Community!