Lexmark International

Average Difficulty
33 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lexmark International.

Interview Details 1st round was a written exam based on OOP principles.
2nd round was technical interview with local managers. It was also on OOP principles and some puzzles (they can also ask about your projects and how you did them). This is a pretty good interview and requires a little study and dedication.
3rd round was technical interview with international manager. This round is more about a broader view and some general techniques that you have used in your written examination and how you could have improved it.
4th round is HR round. This I felt was more of a formality and unless one does anything very offensive should not be a problem.

Interview Question – It was based on graph traversal   Answer Question

Software Engineer QB2 Interview

Software Engineer QB2

Interviewed at Lexmark International

Interview Details I was a contract based employee and worked for 4 years in Lexmark. I was from Praxis Softek Solutions Pvt Ltd. Based on my performance for 4 years, they converted me to a full time employee. Thanks.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation at all.

Software Engineer II Interview

Software Engineer II
Calcutta

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Lexmark International in March 2009.

Interview Details two rounds of technical followed by an HR interview. But now there is a written test before that for some of the candidates.

Interview Question – Why you want to switch from a service company to a product company?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Lexmark International

Interview Details One round of interview
Basic C,C++ questions

Calcutta

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lexmark International in October 2011.

Interview Details interview was conducted in a discussion room with 3 people on the panel. Questions ranged from basic computer perception to problem solving and puzzles. It was followed by a 90 minutes programming round where a particular problem was to be programmed on paper. The problem was not tough but required a detail knowledge of the various design patterns.
people on the panel were friendly and seemed quite happy in their roles.
Found out that the work Culture at kolkata Lexmark is quite dodgy and almost all of the former employees are dissatisfied with the company.

Interview Question – design a printer spooling program to emulate the print manager for managing the documents inputted to a printer.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – compensation package was not acceptable

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Calcutta

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lexmark International in January 2008.

Interview Details Straight forward question.

Interview Questions

• What you will do when company benefit conflict with individual benefit?   Answer Question
  • Do you take if there is another good offer come to your plate while committing to this offer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Straight forward.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Business Systems Analyst
Lexington, KY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Lexmark International in June 2014.

Interview Details Really a disappointing experience. After completing a ten-month internship in which my work was constantly praised, I was brought in for an interview (five months after applying for the job, by the way). The gentleman who interviewed me the first time kept constantly checking his watch, which was rude and distracting for me. Nevertheless, it led to a second interview that I was told went really well, even though I felt that the gentleman interviewing me spent more time applauding his own wisdom than asking about my specific qualifications. Anyway, I was given a tour of the building, benefits were discussed, and I was assured that I would be called about the position. For about a week thereafter, I was sent videos to watch and encouraged to do my own research to prepare me for the position...but the call never came and then a month passed.

I spent three weeks trying to follow up on the status of the position, only to find my emails ignored. When I tried to send a courteous email to a recruiter asking about the interview and inquiring for feedback, I received a blunt, automated response that didn't even attempt to address my questions. It would have been a lousy way to treat a customer; I was in disbelief that they would treat a former intern with such blatant disregard.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

Field Service Engineer
Irvine, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lexmark International in March 2010.

Interview Details 2 interviews phone and personal with regional and national managers phone asked questions on the copy process and functions of these processes,personal interview 1st with regional manager questions about copy,scanning,and network conectivity,2nd with national manager customer related question on how,why, and who is is important and why it is important.

Interview Question – how can you help company grow   View Answer

Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lexmark International in July 2010.

Interview Details HR phone interview followed by a technical phone interview with a team of people. After that I was flown to Lexington for an all day (8 to 4) onsite interview with various managers.
It was tiring as I was shuttled between buildings and effectively had five interviews back to back plus lunch with some employees. I was treated well and overall it wasn't too bad an experience and I learned a lot about the company and the work.

Interview Question – Lots of general questions about C++ and how polymorphism/runtime binding is actually implemented. Asked basic question on how to multiply a number if the processor did not have multiplication hardware.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate as the offer was fair

Key Account Manager Interview

Key Account Manager
Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lexmark International in May 2010.

Interview Details get touched by head hunter, 1 turn interview with hiring manager, get offer very quickly.

Interview Question – it's ok for me to pass the interview.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lexmark International

Worked for Lexmark International? Contribute to the Community!