Lexmark International

Lexmark International Interview Questions

Updated 30 Sep 2014
Updated 30 Sep 2014

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lexmark International.

1st round was a written exam based on OOP principles.
    2nd round was technical interview with local managers. It was also on OOP principles and some puzzles (they can also ask about your projects and how you did them). This is a pretty good interview and requires a little study and dedication.
    3rd round was technical interview with international manager. This round is more about a broader view and some general techniques that you have used in your written examination and how you could have improved it.
    4th round is HR round. This I felt was more of a formality and unless one does anything very offensive should not be a problem.

Software Engineer QB2 Interview

I was a contract based employee and worked for 4 years in Lexmark. I was from Praxis Softek Solutions Pvt Ltd. Based on my performance for 4 years, they converted me to a full time employee. Thanks.

No negotiation at all.

One round of interview
    Basic C,C++ questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lexmark International in October 2011.

interview was conducted in a discussion room with 3 people on the panel. Questions ranged from basic computer perception to problem solving and puzzles. It was followed by a 90 minutes programming round where a particular problem was to be programmed on paper. The problem was not tough but required a detail knowledge of the various design patterns.
    people on the panel were friendly and seemed quite happy in their roles.
    Found out that the work Culture at kolkata Lexmark is quite dodgy and almost all of the former employees are dissatisfied with the company.

Interview Questions
    • design a printer spooling program to emulate the print manager for managing the documents inputted to a printer.   Answer Question

compensation package was not acceptable

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Lexmark International in March 2009.

two rounds of technical followed by an HR interview. But now there is a written test before that for some of the candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Why you want to switch from a service company to a product company?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lexmark International in January 2008.

Straight forward question.

Interview Questions
    • What you will do when company benefit conflict with individual benefit?   Answer Question
    • Do you take if there is another good offer come to your plate while committing to this offer?   Answer Question
    Straight forward.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lexmark International.

Lexmark's hiring and interview process is very consistent with other companies of this size. They invest a lot of time and energy vetting candidates and providing the hiring manager quality resumes. Lexmark's employee population is very diverse as they take diversity very seriously.

Interview Questions
    • They have a tendency to offer retirement / voluntary separation packages too often which leads to unhelpful and continuous speculation in the ranks.   Answer Question
    I entered the company as an individual contributor many years ago, but I do recall a minor amount of negotiation when doing so.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Lexmark International in June 2014.

Really a disappointing experience. After completing a ten-month internship in which my work was constantly praised, I was brought in for an interview (five months after applying for the job, by the way). The gentleman who interviewed me the first time kept constantly checking his watch, which was rude and distracting for me. Nevertheless, it led to a second interview that I was told went really well, even though I felt that the gentleman interviewing me spent more time applauding his own wisdom than asking about my specific qualifications. Anyway, I was given a tour of the building, benefits were discussed, and I was assured that I would be called about the position. For about a week thereafter, I was sent videos to watch and encouraged to do my own research to prepare me for the position...but the call never came and then a month passed.

I spent three weeks trying to follow up on the status of the position, only to find my emails ignored. When I tried to send a courteous email to a recruiter asking about the interview and inquiring for feedback, I received a blunt, automated response that didn't even attempt to address my questions. It would have been a lousy way to treat a customer; I was in disbelief that they would treat a former intern with such blatant disregard.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Lexmark International.

The interview process was very quick and all of the interviewers were very nice and professional. Questions were not exceptionally difficult and mostly focused on my prior programming experience.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hire you over other qualified applicants.   Answer Question
    N/A

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

fairly standard - contacted by recruiter, then phone interview with the manager, then called in for onsite interview with staff (whole day); process took 2 months. accepted offer.

Interview Questions
    negotiated for 6% raise, settled for 3%.