Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

I was contacted the next day after I applied and a phone screen was scheduled. However, on the day of the phone screen, nobody called. I tried to email the HR contact a couple of times after that and got no reply. It's okay if they would like to move forward to other candidates. But it's very unprofessional to just handle a scheduled phone screen like this. I don't think I would want to pursue any jobs with Liberty Mutual in the future.

Claims Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Phone interview first and then an in person interview. Both a lot of behavioral questions asked throughout. Make sure to have specific examples. Everyone was very nice at the interview although the questioning was intense.

Interview Questions

• When did you have to make a decision without all the information needed?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative-Commercial Claims Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mishawaka, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Mishawaka, IN (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

The first step was a brief phone interview with the HR recruiter. At the conclusion of this call, a second interview (at the call center) was scheduled for 3 business days later. The recruiter said to plan for a 2 hour commitment. Upon arrival I was greeted by the local HR rep who had me sit and listen in to an experienced CSR take two calls. Then came back-to-back interviews with the HR rep and the department manager. All in all I was done in just over an hour. The recruiter called me 4 business days later to tell me they chose to pursue other candidates who had more flexibility in their schedules to work evening hours. All in all it was a positive experience because the recruiter was helpful in identifying other potential opportunities within the company.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle the inevitable boredom that comes with working in a call center?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Lake Mary, FL (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Open House/Cattle Call. 20-25 people placed in banquet room while company info ran on big screen on continuous loop. Called into smaller hall one by one. From there, 1/1 interviews conducted with recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Sales experience? Schedule adherence? Commute difficulty?   Answer Question

Interview

Phone interview. The interviewer was very professional and scripted. There was no telling whether any kind of rapport was built. Interviewer was very nice and explained the opportunity for advancement, that the benefits are very good. Asked what I am currently making. Describe your current daily duties. Why Liberty Mutual. How I deliver bad news. Waiting on a call back. Said it would take a week for the information taken in interview to move on to next step.

Entry Level Sales Representatiive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Hoffman Estates, IL (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Pre-interview Application Process: Online application, resume submission, and assessment test (about 1.5 hrs)
    Step One: Phone interview (about 1 hr)
    Step Two: In person interview with Branch Manager of Hoffman Estates location and Sales Academy Manager (about 2 hrs)
    Step Three: In person interview with Geneva Branch Manager & presentation of marketing plan

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions related to how I have proven my sales skills, in a "tell me about a time when..." format   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, within a few days I got a call from HR Campus Recruiter to set up a phone interview. Went over behavioral questions as well as interests in school. Also asked questions about my resume, past experiences. 2 weeks later, got a call to come in for an interview with the hiring managers. This interview was more relaxed, on the side of get to you know, do you fit here. About 3-4 days later I got a call from the campus recruiter offering me the position

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Seattle, WA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I saw their posting on my school's career website and submitted my application on their website. The total time from application submission to offer is about 5 weeks. Recruiter contacted me 2 weeks after my submission. I had 3 interviews in total (screening with HR, manager, current employees in department I'm potentially being hired into), and they were via video (MS Lync) and phone. All of the people I talked to were really nice, and I was able to ask them a lot of questions about the company as well as the position I'm applying for. They ask you about your experiences and skills, and they ask some general technical questions but no coding. You will be communicating with the recruiters through the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to go above and beyond the call of duty in order to get a job done.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when something unexpected happened and how you changed your plans to handle it.   Answer Question

Senior Claim Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trenton, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Trenton, NJ (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Received very professional call from Talent Acquisition who sincerely appeared to want to get me placed in the best match for my skill set. Prompt response/organized. Follow up interview set up in a week. Knowledgeable anout the kob and company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a case where you were able to get a great result.   Answer Question

Underwriting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

I applied for a summer underwriting intern position in San Francisco.
    The preliminary interview was over the phone with a recruiter and then there was an in-person interview with the hiring managers.
    One of the interview questions was:

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when it was important for you to develop a relationship and how you developed that relationship.   Answer Question