Liberty Mutual Insurance

Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions

Updated 24 Sep 2014
Updated 24 Sep 2014

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Three interviews, one over the phone, two in-person. It's all behavioral-based interviewing: "tell me about a time when..." They want to get to know you and how you work as a n individual. I've worked in the role for just shy of a year now and there is a high turnover - they need to know you are a self-starter with a strong will to succeed in this business.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time when you explained something very complicated to someone."   Answer Question
    They set expectations at the beginning, there is no negotiating.

Subrogation Technician Interview

I interviewed with two supervisors - neither of whom were in the same department that I was hired to work for. They were great - very friendly and lighthearted. They used a lengthy interview process with a ton of behavioral questions. They want to know how you have handled a situation - not how you would handle a situation. Good interview.

Interview Questions
    • You work at a hotel and the policy was to only give one cookie to each guest. One guest doesn't want their cookie but the next guest requests two. The second guest is a repeat customer. What do you do?   Answer Question
    Straightforward - they offered me the job and I accepted.

Summer Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

The first round was a phone interview by an actuary from the firm which lasted about half an hour. The interview was mainly to get to know you/why you want to be an actuary, find out what you know about the actuarial profession/what CIA and SOA are for and a couple of simple behavioural questions.
    The second round was onsite in Seattle. I had 4 interviews with 5 interviewers throughout the day, each 50 minutes long. All of the questions were behavioural-based. Two actuaries also took me to lunch.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about some of the courses I took/I am taking in university.
      Tell me about a time you solved a problem with little or no information.
      Tell me about a time you went out of your way to help someone.
        Answer Question

Actuarial Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Very well structured and responsive hiring team. Two rounds, phone screen, and then a final round at the office. There were 5 interviews, 45 minutes each, plus a lunch in between. Interviewers sometimes tested your knowledge about insurance and ability to think on your feet (What are some factors that influence the price? etc.). Company is expanding, and it is an exciting moment to join.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral type questions. Focused on past experiences and internships, and the number of exams passed.   Answer Question

I decided to accept a job offer in another country, closer to home.

Customer Service Representative Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Applied online, completed assessment & was contacted for phone interview. Completed Taft & was passed on to hiring manager. The next day I was contacted for second interview writ two managers & that went really well.

No negotiation necessary. Gave what I required

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

The HR rep was very straightforward and polite. He sounded very attentive and interested in what I had to say. The conversation went well and I was asked to come visit the main office immediately.

CDP Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Be prepared. Quite easy process. Normal questions. Even the case interview is about basic knowledge. No insurance knowledge requirement. Two rounds intervew. First round is about behavior, second round is behavior and case. People are very nice there, so just relax and do your best if you have the opportunities.

Actuarial Interview

Applied through their website. Went to the career fair and talked to one of their recruiters. I received a phone interview within two weeks. Couple of hours later I received an email telling me that they want me to go to the HQ for a second round interview. About 3 weeks later, I went to the HQ. They paid for my flights and hotel stay. The interview was from 8 to 5. With a lunch break and a writing sample in the morning. Interviewed with one HR representative and four actuaries. I felt very comfortable interviewing with all of them. They were very nice.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had to use statistics in one of your projects   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

I initially applied online. I received an email a couple of weeks later to set up a phone interview. I went through the phone interview and was told I would receive a call in a week. It's been a week and 2 days. On to the next position. Also, the interviewer told me the salary was lower than what was posted on the ad.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Leadership Forum Externship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Straightforward interview through video chat that lasted for about 45 minutes. We went over my transcript and the types of class I've taken in the past. They want to know what are your interests and future plans as a career to see if you could potentially fit in at Liberty Mutual. Mostly they were behavioral questions to gauge how you are as a person. Even though I am computer science looking into the IT department, they interview a wide variety of majors.

Interview Questions

Worked for Liberty Mutual Insurance? Contribute to the Community!