Liberty Mutual Insurance

604 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details After initial interest from an HR rep, I did a phone interview with an actuary. The questions were straight out of the textbook of behavioral type questions. The guy was literally reading from a piece of paper, and sounded like he was going through the motions from the beginning of the interview. After a couple weeks I emailed back for a status update, and could not get a response. Hopefully nothing bad happened to them to prevent them from answering my email.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to answer a question for a customer by using information from multiple resources, how you communicated, etc.   Answer Question

Law Clerk Interview

Law Clerk

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details A one on one interview with the office manager and than I was offered the position through an email. I had to do a background and drug test that took four weeks to complete.

Interview Question – None, they are basic questions about your legal research experience and abilities   Answer Question

No Fault Claims Representative Interview

No Fault Claims Representative
Marlton, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2014.

Interview Details I applied online by uploading my resume and taking a couple competency tests. A week later I was called to set up a phone screening interview, where they asked a little bit about my previous work experience and a little about time-specific instances (ex - describe a time when you displayed excellent customer service to a difficult customer). At the end of the call, the recruiter told me she would like to have me come into the office for an open house, where I would interview again and job shadow, etc. That was a week later, and it was definitely a different experience. Myself and another applicant were first brought into a meeting room where an employee explained the principals and quality standards of Liberty Mutual, some history on the company, etc. Then I met with a manager for my first interview - again, VERY SPECIFIC. Name a time when...describe an instance when....and so on. I really had to prepare for this interview, so don't go in blind. Next I job shadowed a current employee, took a written test (it was an example of how I would handle a claim, steps I would take), took an online test very similar to the one I took when I applied online, and lastly took an interactive customer service test. Finally, I interviewed with one of the top managers who - again - asked me very time specific questions. Come up with lots of examples! The next day I was called by LM and offered a position pending a background check. The background check took about 2 weeks, and once it cleared my start date was another 2 weeks later, and now I'm going through 2 weeks of extensive training. It's a very very very very lengthy process, but this company is very impressive - offers excellent benefits and incentives, and everyone seems very happy here. Good team vibe, so you don't feel like they're just throwing you out on the floor and telling you to start answering calls without any help or training.

Interview Question – Name a specific time when you had to take on a leadership role, whether it be at a previous job, school, etc. How did others respond to your leadership? Did you have to overcome any obstacles while making your decisions?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Because I had prior claims experience and prior medical experience, I was offered around 42,500. I didn't negotiate because I thought that was fair. The company encourages you to apply for other jobs within the company, so I intend on applying for a higher paid position within my first year here.

Inside Auto Claims Representative Interview

Inside Auto Claims Representative
Liberty Lake, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in July 2014.

Interview Details Was hired internally. Employees still have to take the assessment and online test. There was a panel of managers and different questions about my past experiences. I was offered a position within 3 days. They didn't know at the time of the interview how many positions would ultimately be hired, so I was unsure if I would get an offer, although performance in previous position suggested I should.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you didn't feel so good about and outcome and how would you go back and change it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation-

Very Easy Interview

Claims Service Representative Interview

Claims Service Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details Job posting was listed on school career center website. It was requested that we submit a resume and open interviews would be held on campus within the next week. I went into the interview, which was very brief. It was only with one person and she asked the most basic and general questions. Most of the interview consisted of the interviewer explaining the company and the job they were hiring for. I received a call within a day offering me the job.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you had to deal with an angry customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

IT Interview

IT
Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details Process went quickly: 3 weeks from the time I applied throught the interviews (3 total = 1 HR Screen, 1 phone and 1 in person with mgr). I had an offer 4 hours after my final interview. Onboarding process was handled online since HR is in Boston, very efficient. Orientation was odd because it was only a 30-minute pre-recorded conference call that re-read everything in the employee handbook I'd already recieved. There was no official 'welcome to Liberty' training or specific department/job related training - just jump in & go.

Interview Question – No technical questions were asked: in retrospect I wish they would have been because it would have given me better insight into what I was getting into. Published job description doesn't match the expectations they have of you once you are on the job. Questions were more about my personal work style, the types of teams/environments I've worked with, what my long-range career plans are, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Their offer knocked my socks off so there was no negotiation necessary.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details Initial phone interview by HR assessed skills & experience. 5 in person interviews over next 4 months was grueling. Not much communication between interviews had me thinking I didn't advance after all but HR interview. There were lots of redundancies in interview process but each interviewer added value to the process. In person interviews included (1) hiring manager & (3) next level managers in one on one interviews as well as (1) panel interview with potential colleagues who work as part of a team with the position.

Interview Question – Pretty standard analytical and behavioral questions. More conversational than q & a after initial question or two.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Receive relatively low offer letter. Had a couple of phone calls with HR and received acceptable offer. Advice, don't be afraid to ask if the offer is negotiable. Higher salary, signing bonus or both possible.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in March 2014.

Interview Details Excellent, very comfortable enviornment that allows you to be yourself during the interview and not a robot. It is a behavior based interview with a lot of situation questions. It was challenging, but again their pleasant professional made it easy to relax and come through it positively.

Interview Question – I do not remember the most difficult question. It was all situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation I was satisfied with the original offer.

Customer Claims Representative Interview

Customer Claims Representative
Mishawaka, IN (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2014.

Interview Details They have an online skills test. This basically mimics a computer screen with billing codes as well as a certain set up process. There was one or two I really think their answers did not work properly for. It's a timed test so I might say if it seems impossible, guess and go.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Liberty Mutual?   Answer Question

Continuous Improvement Manager Interview

Continuous Improvement Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in May 2014.

Interview Details I was fairly impressed at the interview process. The recruiters (I dealt with 2) and the hiring manager were all on the same page and there was no mis-communication. I was a little disappointed that they made no attempt at follow up, but they answered all of my questions very quickly.

Interview Question – How would people describe you ....
Always a difficult question to answer and I wasn't expecting that one, so I was caught off guard.
  Answer Question

Worked for Liberty Mutual Insurance? Contribute to the Community!