Liberty Mutual Insurance

Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

First started with an online assesment. Was then contacted 2 days later to schedule a phone interview. Came in for an in person interview a week later with 2 managers. Asked a lot of situational questions- probably close to 35 questions

Interview Questions
    • Most used analytical skill used in an argument with a co worker   Answer Question

Leave Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in August 2014.

Did application online about 4 days later contacted about a face to face interview. Interviewed by to hiring managers, very laid back individuals warm welcoming. Asked a series of questions for about 30 mins and then job shadowing for another 30 mins.

Interview Questions
    • Give details about a time you had to work in a group and meet a deadline.   Answer Question
    Did not try to negotiate, offered more than what position implied salary base pay would be during application.

Claims Specialist I Interview

Applied online. Had a phone interview with a regional HR person, it had very basic personal questions. Was transferred to a hiring manager and was scheduled for an in person interview. Interviewed with two random managers from the office and shadowed someone in the position for about 15 mins.

Sales Representative Interview

Only had first initial phone interview. I have previous insurance sales experience, so most of the questions were regarding my experiences and there was not really any difficult questions. Most of the time, the interviewer explained the company and position to me, basically attempting to sell me on the role. I then took an assessment, where the math questions were surprisingly difficult. I talked to the recruiter again who explained next steps. I have followed up via email but haven't heard a response back yet.

Advanced Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in March 2013.

First round, phone interview, mainly statistical technique question, about 40 to 50 minutes. Will get feedback in one week. That's quite efficient and responsible. Second round, one-day onsite. Nice hotel by the way. Hiring manager one-on-one interview. Questions depends on the interest of the hiring manager. They could go over resume, technical, and business questions. There are 4 such interviews within that day. No HR behavioral interview. But there are some involved in one of the four interview. Again, depends on who interview you and their interest. Get feedback in one to two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What's the 3 most successful things in your life. I mean, I prepared 1, but asked me 3? Blow my mind.

Time series, survival analysis, tell the best you know.
        Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2010.

First round was just a casual phone interview with the senior recruiter who was super nice. This was followed by two rounds of video interview consisting of both technical and behavioral. The interviews were less technical and more to find out what sort of person you are. Was offered an internship offer soon after. And the full time offer was offered as soon as the internship ended. Overall, the hiring and interview process was pretty smooth and well-planned.

Senior Customer Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Castle, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Castle, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in April 2010.

I was contacted quickly by the recruiter who conducted a phone screening, and the interview was scheduled within 2 weeks. All of the questions asked were relevant to customer service or claims handling. It was a panel interview, with 2 people interviewing me. There was only the phone interview and panel interview, a pretty simple process.

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

First interview was by phone. Second interview was by phone although they wanted it to be through HireVue, which is a video interview interface. HireVue did not work properly during the interview so it ended up being by phone. Second interview required hard #s to prove your worth. Did not want to work for this company after that experience. They made it seem like you would be worked like a dog.

Senior Business Consultant (MBA Corporate Development Program) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

The interview process is fairly succinct but well organized. A behavioral interview, a "case" interview (but not like a consulting firm case interview) and an executive interview. The executive interview is more of a rubber stamp in the job offer process; however, the Corporate Development Program is actually very high-touch with senior leaders in the company (the executive interview is not just a show to try to get you in the door) so represent yourself well.

Interview Questions
    • The case interview was a 90-min prep session alone with a packet of about 20 pages of information to process and brief recommendations on to two interviewers. Basic MBA knowledge is needed for the level of information, nothing more. Consulting firm-style case interview skills won't be useful. The case is nothing crazy, but designed as a pressure situation to see who can analyze date, organize a coherent line of thought, and communicate that effectively in the time given. It is a fair barometer and if you find the situation difficult, then you probably don't belong in the program. If you enjoy it, then sign up. It's similar to what you'll be doing for two years.   Answer Question
    Great offer/benefits out of the gate. Some parts (e.g., benefits/time off) are part of corporate policy, so there's not much flexibility.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Filled out an application and a few days later received an email to set up a phone interview. Phone interview consisted of a lot of situational questions. The interviewer was late calling and you could tell that she wasn't excited about interviewing. There was no rapport made. Interview lasted for about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember the exact questions, but all the questions started with name a time...,how did you solve or handle the situation, what was the result.   Answer Question

Worked for Liberty Mutual Insurance? Contribute to the Community!