Liberty Mutual Insurance

Average Difficulty
619 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Interview Details This was a great easy interview. They wer extremely nice and informative on the job. They were thorough on what they were looking for. Applie online. they wanted to make sure you were a right candiate for the job and make sure that you were going to be good to hire.

Interview Question – What is your biggest fault?   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in August 2014.

Interview Details Initial phone call to set up phone interview, follow up phone interview with recruiter, phone interview was about 45 min long. A lot of questions about your current job, then basic questions about your work skills/ethic

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which you disagreed with a co worker, how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They offered 40k base salary for the first TWO months (I dont explain why the explain it as a year salary) then they lower you DRASTICALLY to 20k base salary with commissions. Commissions are completely up to you, you have to build your own "book of business". He explained that the middle 3rd of sales reps on average make about 50k-60k after commissions (I dont believe that). They wanted to quickly get me in the next day for an in person interview, but I respectfully declined.

Sales Representative

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details The recruiter on the phone seemed surprised when I mentioned being involved in the lgbtq community, and quickly suggested that a Church is good place to network for selling insurance. I guess I wasn't surprised they didn't call back to let me know whether I would get a physical interview.

Interview Question – How did you hear about us?   Answer Question

Customer Claims Representative Interview

Customer Claims Representative

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in August 2014.

Interview Details I applied for the position online and received an email for a phone interview about four days later. Phone interview went well-received another email for an on-site interview a week later. On-site interview included; two one on one interviews with managers, a written response, three assessment tests (billing code test, call simulation test, and personality test). I also shadowed with an employee who occupied the same position that I applied for.

My advice- situational/behavioral questions are asked. Have several scenarios in mind. When answering these types of questions, tell a story- do not give verbal "bullet points". Give concrete examples. Be sure to ask good questions- the two managers who I interviewed seemed to appreciate that. Also be certain to ask questions when doing the job shadow. This will give you great insight on the position. As for the written response, be sure to be detailed and thorough in your response. Pay attention to detail and read through the questions on the assessment tests thoroughly. Because the tests are timed, you may feel the need to rush through, but I would advise not to. Most importantly, be yourself, be honest, and although interviews can be stressful, have fun!

*Be advised- each interview experience is unique, and will differ from location to location, albeit the general process is similar. I researched these reviews extensively before my interview, and realized that each interview with regard to the personalities of the managers that interviewees encounter, timing, specific questions asked, etc. are extremely diverse. I guarantee, the interview steps/procedures will be similar, but your experience will likely be much different than mine.

Interview Question – Describe a situation when you were extremely busy, and something unexpected happened. How did you handle it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Claims Specialist Interview

Claims Specialist
Danvers, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in July 2014.

Interview Details Started with phone interview and then within a few days was contacted by the hiring manager for a face to face interview. Met with hiring manager and another manager. They asked me mainly situational questions which I thought I answered honestly and did pretty well. Then I met with two group team leaders who asked me similar questions. I again thought I answered them pretty well.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you tried to improve a process or procedure and it was not implemented by your organization?   Answer Question

Boston, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in July 2014.

Interview Details Only had a phone interview. They asked about my sales experience and I had just gotten out of college so that experience was limited. Times I've talked to customers etc/ helped them with problems. I thought they would be more aware of my minimal experience in sales from my resume and the fact that I'd completed school in three years so I had minimal time to get experience.

Interview Question – Tell me about a sales experience you've had and when you had to persuade a customer?   Answer Question

Raleigh, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in July 2014.

Interview Details Began by filling out an online personality and aptitude test. I thought I did horrible with the math portion to be honest, but then ended up getting a phone interview. Phone interview was pretty straight forward and revolved around answering questions based on how I have reacted in certain situations. Went in to a face to face interview where I sat with an agent for about 30 minutes having a q&a about the position, then went over resume with branch manager. After that I came back for an interview where I had to present a marketing plan I created and make 15 outbound calls with no script to capture lead expiration dates. I captured 3 of the 4 I talked to. I then met with another branch manager and the regional sales manager for a final interview. I then did a background check and was informed that I passed but barely in regards to the tickets I have received in the past, and must not get another ticket or at fault accident to maintain a driving role with the company.

Interview Question – What actions would you take to gain leads?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase, but everything offered was above expectations. Benefits start on day one and I was offered the higher end of the salary range.

Project Leader - Special Projects Interview

Project Leader - Special Projects
Dover, NH (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2014.

Interview Details Thorough and lengthy process. It took a total of 7 weeks from the initial phone screen with the recruiter to verbal job offer. There were 3 separate on-site visits; all one-on-one interviews with the hiring manager, HR generalist and 4 VPs. Liberty Mutual follows the STAR format for interviews with no trick questions. The dialogue exchange Is meant to see how your skills relate to the position and if there is a cultural and personality fit. Research the company and position and make sure you have quality questions prepared. Everyone was extremely professional and friendly.

The job offer is contingent on passing a background and reference check, which they initiate once you verbally accept. On-boarding and benefits enrollment are done online while that process is taking place.

Interview Question – How did you deal with a difficult boss?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Liberty Mutual posts all their open positions along with the salary range online. There is no second guessing the compensation piece. Where you fall within that range depends on your experience. I was able to discuss this with them and managed to increase the number slightly from their original offer.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Pricing Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2014.

Interview Details Applied Online and one of their recruiters contacted me. We talked over the phone for about 30 minutes and then she passed me along to the hiring manager. The hiring manager and I talked for about 45 to an hour. Most of the questions were basically background in terms of how I might fit. I had a background in education with a business focus since graduating undergrad in 2012 and was trying to switch fields.

Interview Question – I guess the hiring manager continued to ask how my experience fit with the role in a number of different ways. He was looking for something I clearly did not know how to respond to.   Answer Question

Legal Secretary Interview

Legal Secretary

I applied online - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2012.

Interview Details The interview was an average interview. There were no off the wall out of ordinary type questions or scenarios. The usual tell me about yourself and what is it that your looking for in a position.

Interview Question – How would other's describe your work?   View Answer

Worked for Liberty Mutual Insurance? Contribute to the Community!