Life Time Fitness Interview Questions

Updated 21 Sep 2014
Updated 21 Sep 2014

2.5

LifeSpa Department Head Interview

They will ask you questions in the format tell me about a time when.... I was asked to memorize the he mission and vision statement. I had 2 phone interviews and in person interview with the general manager.

Interview Questions
    • Did you ever have a team member that felt they deserved to be paid more money and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Aquatics Lifeguard Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

I was hired without an interview, but then required to go to an interview as a procedural safeguard. The interview was held with another interviewee who I did not know would be there. In essence, we were interviewing for the same position and shared our answers one after the other. I also had to write out the company goals and values word for word. I interviewed for another position with this company and that time it was a group interview with ten people, again with no forewarning.

Interview Questions
    There is little negotiation with these entry level positions. The hours are made by the hiring staff and often they forget if you ask for certain times of day or days of the week off. Negotiation is better dealt with with department supervisors.

SPA Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in September 2014.

Sent resume and was called by the manager. They asked questions about my past leadership and also some personal questions about how I maintained a healthly Life style. Was told they would choose final canidiates in the upcoming week. I'm awaiting a call.

Member Engagement Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Troy, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Submitted application online, MEM (Member Engagement Manager) set up appointment to meet within a couple of days, met with her and it was pretty basic (they'll basically take anyone willing to cold call and work 70+ hours per week - even without sales experience). After that I interviewed with the GM of the club, same interview... Life Time is full of robots so they just read off of a sheet that corporate gives them and they rate whether or not you filled in all of their little boxes. Basically all you have to do (and they'll tell you this) is give them a specific incidence or example of whatever question they want answered, what happened, what you did, and what the outcome was. After that you'll meet with the Regional, same interview again... and you're done. All of this should take about a week or two. If you can pretend to be an aggressive drone you'll be fine. They actually tell their sales people to drill the person in front of them until they get pissed enough to walk away so get ready for that.

It's 100% commission and you'll work more than 70 hours per week and average about $11 an hour if you're good at what you do... Look elsewhere, there's much better out there; don't settle on this.

Run Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Harrison, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrison, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Met with the Westchester NY Running club at the facility to work out and meet the member. Had a very positive experience working with them, and with meeting the predecessor in the Coordinator position, who was leaving due to personal issues. My conversation with her, and the regional coordinator were pleasant and productive. This lead to a one-on-one meeting with the Senior General Manager at the Westchester facility, who seemed more concerned with hiring someone in line with corporate philosophy than a dedicated and experienced fitness person who would grow and develop the position. The interview was fairly short, and I left with the impression that she was looking for something different than a person to actually coordinate their program. I felt as if she was principally concerned with finding a "company person."

Interview Questions
    • I didn't experience any questions as particularly difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Department Head Interview

Interview process involved interview with current department head, regional lead, and club general manager. Questions are targeted selection based and they are looking for STAR answers (situation, task, action, result). Department heads are put through and expected to pass Life Time's department head certification for their respective department upon hire.

Interview Questions
    • Must memorize and recite company's mission and vision statements for interview with gm.   View Answer

Mea Interview

took about 2 weeks. Met with Manager, GM, and Regional Manager. Nothing too hard. Just know yourself and your experiences well enough to communicate them. They try to paint a picture of the company, but you will soon find out that it is nothing of what you expected.

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

First initial interview is usually with the PT Director of the Club. He may have you on the spot, take a piece of paper, and tell you to walk the fitness floor and get 5 different people's thoughts on why they joined the club and tell you to come back.

If you make it to the next stage, you come in to train one of the trainers, who is typically an Assistant Director (can be anywhere from 3-6 of these depending on size of club). Be ready for them to throw a monkey wrench in whatever you had planned (will possibly act as if they have bad knees, ankle injury, etc.) If you are lucky, they will just want a good workout, because typically it is their down time when they usually workout anyway.

The third stage is usually with the GM of the club who oversees the entire club. Be ready to know information about the club. My GM asked me on the spot what the mission statement was, word for word. I was given a heads up by the 2nd interviewer. Also, depending on the person, (my GM was a little different), asked random fitness questions, such as how many bones in the body or something random like that.

Member Engagement Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Basic interview questions such as what are your strengths and weaknesses and why are you interested in sales?
    Are you comfortable working in a 100% commission position? Comfortable with long hours? (i.e. 55+ hours per week to consistently meet your sales quota for the month)

Nothing should catch you off guard, it's not an overly stressful set of questions.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time you had to sell something.   Answer Question

Received a better offer from competitor, salary position.

Member Services Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Eagan, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in June 2014.

Applied online and stopped in to talk to Hiring Manager after about a week and a half. She said they were reviewing applications and would call me to set up an interview in a few days. She called about a week later to do a pre-screen phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • None. They ask you to memorize their Vision & Mission Statements but everything else is pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Worked for Life Time Fitness? Contribute to the Community!