Lockheed Martin

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Electrical Engineer Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in March 2012.

Interview Details Initially contacted by a recruiter who knew very little about the actual job I was being recruited for. He was very friendly and helpful in getting me to the interview site and working with me on reimbursements. I had three half-hour interviews with engineers from the team I would be working with, and the topics were primarily behavioral. I got a tour of the facility before I left.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were normal behavioral/team values assessments, none were particularly unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, as it was a standard internship.

Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2012.

Interview Details I applied online and after a few weeks I was called and told I could be interviewed on Friday (it was Wednesday). They arranged for me to fly in to Philadelphia from Austin on company expense. It was very short notice but I decided to go since the position seemed interesting.

The interviews were very informal and consisted of two parts: a "technical" interview and an HR interview. The "technical" interview was just a tour of the facility with small talk. The interviewer showed me some wireless communications devices and was interested in if I could keep up with the conversations. He never asked "interview questions," but rather it was up to me to demonstrate some knowledge.

The second part was an interview with HR. The interview was very straightforward, following the STARS format (look this up). He simply asked questions such as "talk about a time when you encountered a problem, and describe how you solved it."

That was actually entire interview process. They then told me they would let me know if I got the position (unfortunately I didn't).

Interview Question – There weren't any technical questions. I found that the most difficult question was something along the lines of "talk about a time when something bad happened as a result of miscommunication."   Answer Question

Palo Alto, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in May 2012.

Interview Details Applied online through Lockheeds intern portal (submitted custom resume and cover letter tailored to the position). Received a call about 4 weeks later asking if I was still interested. I said "Yes!". The next week they flew me out to California and put me in a hotel for a night. The next morning, I went to the work site where everything was very organized and people were very friendly. I was first interviewed by two managers and asked strictly behavioral questions based on STAR format - lasted 40 minutes. I then I had another 40 minute interview of the same type, this time with just one person. Look through the questions on this site because they were all of that nature - nothing too tricky or technical.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were working on specific part of a project but were able to keep in mind the overall, broader goal of the project in order to foresee a broader problem with the project. (Basically, you are able to work narrowly but keep a broad perspective of how your work fits into an overall goal)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating but the offer is pretty generous.

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!