Lockheed Martin Engineer Interview Questions

2.6

35 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

They bring you in for an on-site interview typically. You are interviewed by 3-5 people at once. Each asks you a situational question, and then you go over your resume briefly.

Interview Questions
I countered, but they immediately declined it and made it clear that there were a number of people in line behind me and they would gladly take the job if I didn't want it.

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

LM found me through my alumni office. First interview was on campus with a group of other potential hires. They took us through the company overview, then we broke out into interviews with hiring managers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview face-to-face at site with 3 separate hiring managers. 1 hour each.

asked for salary desired

Engineer Interview

On-campus interview, very friendly, basic behavioral and experience based questions.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss a time when you were working in a group, and you were met with a direct conflict. What did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

1) Phone interview
    2) On-site interview: Met with 4 managers who asked both technical and behavioral questions. (~4 hrs). The people were relaxed and professional.

Interview Questions
    • Typical personality questions: give me a time where you resolved a conflict at work.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in March 2012.

The interview process was a bit long and fairly repetitive. I never heard back from them after what I considered to be a decent interview at worst.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you disagreed with other group members and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owego, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owego, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in March 2012.

Everything was pretty well organized and the hiring process was very smooth. However, the description of the job was inaccurate in the long run. I accepted the job thinking there would be more research and development. In the end, the only work for anyone was basically technician work.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were standard interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary, difficult, or unexpected.   Answer Question
    I stated my desired salary and they accepted. It was higher than the average for the area but I had exceptional grades and class experience. I could have probably asked for more if I wanted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in December 2011.

Lockheed Martin was a very professional company. The interview process, while intense, was a great experience. They were very clear about their expectations and were more than willing to answer my questions. They even paid for me to take a rental car out to the interview! Really a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were frustrated and how you overcame that frustration.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in September 2011.

I went to a career fair. They reviewed resumes at the end of the day and I was notified through the university recruiting program that they wanted to interview me. It was not for a particular position but once I applied for specific jobs, hiring managers could see that I was already interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to convince somebody through a presentation   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when something went wrong and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in June 2011.

All the people in the interview process were very eager to communicate and get their questions answer about background and how it would help meet the task objectives of satisfying the customer in the areas of expertise that were expected. Each individual 1:1 interview was performed in a professional manner and they really seamed to want to hear what you had to say.

Interview Questions
    • Can you program in the C++ or similiar language   View Answer
    • If you had to work with a difficult co worker how would you maintain communications to get the job completed.   Answer Question