Lockheed Martin

Updated 27 Jan 2015
Updated 27 Jan 2015

2.6

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Phone interview that did not last too long. They just seemed to be checking off boxes but were very nice. They provided good feedback. Just search basic interview questions, because that is what they were asking. They also asked questions about my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you were encountered with a problem and how did you solve it.   Answer Question

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Very straightforward interview. Mostly behavioral questions. Got offer within two weeks. Hiring process was smooth. Although the amount of information to provide on the online application can get lengthy and repetitive. I had two different interviews both were very similar questions wise. The interviewer made it a friendly and open conversation, so I was able to open up which eventually helped in me getting offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • How would you react if you were handed down too many projects at once?   View Answer

Principal Systems Engineer Interview

The hiring process was formal and fair. First, find the job you like on their website. Apply for the job you like and submit your resume. Then, if you are lucky, you will be selected for interview. At that point, you will complete a formal application. The company might perform a background check on you before granting an interview. Interview. Get hired. Go to work.

Straight forward

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

I interviewed first with the person I was replacing. Then, I interviewed with the hiring manager, then the customer. Got a contingent offer after interviewing with the hiring manager, and a full offer after customer approval.

Interview Questions
    • How would you rate the customer's systems engineering process, and why?   Answer Question
    Generally Lockheed Martin does not negotiate much - very much a take it or leave it offer. Anything more requires a lot more time, and approvals up the HR chain.

Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

My job interview was over the phone, and was a pleasant experience. The interviewers were completely transparent and the job was exactly as described throughout my entire assignment. No surprises.

Interview Questions
    They appeared to be more interested in what they could do for me, than what I could do for them.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

You really must know someone that already works there to even get your foot in the door. I had applied several times, for many positions, but it wasn't until a friend took my resume to HR that they even looked at me.
    The interview process is extremely detailed and slow, but worth it if they hire you.
    I went through two individual interviews - with the hiring manager and then the HR manager. Then I went through a group interview with the department I would be working for. The whole process took over a month.
    Because it is a government contractor, you must pass a pretty extensive background check - including credit check. They also want you to gain a security clearance, which involves a rather extensive amount of paperwork and an interview with a government official.

Interview Questions
    • Because of the nature of their business, you will get asked about your feelings on the military - support or not - and how you feel about war.   View Answer
    My level did not require a negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2014.

Applied online, a few weeks later I was flown out for an on sight interview. Everything went well and was fairly easy. Free hotel, free flight, free black car service and very nice facilities. The only major problem was how low the offer was. Boeing offers more, so does almost every offer in downtown Dallas and Houston. I'm not sure why someone would accept. The worst part is that, when you tell HR, they refuse to negotiate.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, just common things, nothing technical.   Answer Question

The pay was hilariously low, 61k

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Multiple interviews with different people. Large number of other qualified candidates there. Competitive. They had breakfast and lunch available. They actually flew me in for the interview. They were interviewing for multiple positions so it was pretty stress free.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of problems did you encounter with previous jobs. How did you respond.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Multi Functional Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

I applied online through the career site. It was about two months before I received a call where they told me that they wanted to fly me out to Denver for a recruiting event. All travel expenses and food were paid for. I was given 3, 45 minute interviews, where I was asked 5 behavior questions that were required to be answered in STAR format. I was also given the opportunity to share my careers goals and ask questions to the interviewers. There were about 60 people that were interviewing that weekend for various jobs. After the interviews finished, they took us to the campus to have lunch and view some guest speakers. I was notified about 5 days later that I received the job, and about 5 days after that I received my offer.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral questions that are expected to be answered in great detail   Answer Question
    I did not try to negotiate

Systems Integration and Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

I was flown to the facility and attended a site tour, company presentation and then had a one hour 1 on 1 interview with the hiring manager. There were no technical questions and the conversation focused on my previous experience and how I would fit or not fit the role.