Lockheed Martin

Updated 19 Nov 2014
Updated 19 Nov 2014

2.6

Senior Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

there were 1 phone and 1 panel interview. they use a standard interview process. pre qualify to get the interview that is all I do not have any other things to add to the process

Aeronautical Engineer Asc Interview

The interview process was very fun. I got flown out to the Fort Worth site and had a one hour interview. After the interview we got to tour the site. The interview was very easy and felt more of a conversation.

Interview Questions
    • What didn't you like about your previous internship?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2014.

Applied online, a few weeks later I was flown out for an on sight interview. Everything went well and was fairly easy. Free hotel, free flight, free black car service and very nice facilities. The only major problem was how low the offer was. Boeing offers more, so does almost every offer in downtown Dallas and Houston. I'm not sure why someone would accept. The worst part is that, when you tell HR, they refuse to negotiate.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, just common things, nothing technical.   Answer Question

The pay was hilariously low, 61k

Subcontract Administrator Interview

The best interview I've ever had. The two ladies leading the interview made me feel very comfortable and at ease. Each had a last of questions and let me know that they were working together to find the right person for the team. After the interview we sat for a few minutes just chatting and getting to know one another.

Aeronautical Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

I was contacted by HR telling me about two opportunities that I was being considered for. I was contacted almost exactly one month after applying to both positions online. I then organized travel arrangements through the company and was flown out on location in Fort Worth. I attended a hiring event at a hotel. Both interviews lasted one hour and were mostly them telling me about the company/job and asking me a few behavioral and situational questions to gauge my competency and whether they would like working with me. The interviewers included who my manager would be and an engineer in the department I would be working for. At the end they asked me if I had any questions. I asked at the end of both interviews when I would expect to hear back from them and was given vague answers that HR would handle it. While waiting for my flight later in the day I received a call from HR extending an offer. Shortly after getting the call, I was emailed the offer package.

I had also interviewed at the main facility once and the process was the same.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult decision that you have made in the past two years?   Answer Question
    They offered me more than I was expecting and the benefits package was amazing. I also did not have much leverage, so I did not see the need to negotiate.

Associate Member Engineering Staff Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Starts at 8am, sit through a presentation of the company with many other candidates going for all different jobs. The interview begins at about 8:30 - 9am and goes until 12. Each interview last 45 minutes. You may have one interview or you could have up to 6. At twelve you eat lunch and then go for a tour of the offsite facility. The entire process then finishes after the tour at about 2pm.

Interview Questions
    • What was one experience you had in your life where you had a problem but was able to over come it and what did you learn from it?   View Answer
    The recruiter sends you an email with your offer letter that contains your salary and you have seven days to accept. Not much of a negotiation unless you have a written offer from a competing company.

Mechanical Engineer Asc Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2014.

I had applied online to various positions. I was contacted by a recruiter who wanted asked if I would be willing to fly out for an on-site interview in Sunnyvale, CA. There were approximately 50 people at the interview event in which there was a tour, lunch with a speaker, and interviews. Event went very well and was a great opportunity to talk with recent new hires that were asked to attend the event to answer questions.

They moved really quickly through the process. I was contacted less than 48 hours after the event by a phone call informing me that I was selected for the position. The offer details came a little later. It was a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't too many unexpected questions. All of them were behavioral. Examples would be: "tell me about a time where you encountered a problem and how you went about fixing/solving it."   Answer Question

Electronics Engineering Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2014.

I applied for an entry level position online. They emailed me a week or so later and wanted to fly me out to a recruiting event held in Fort Worth, TX. They told me that there would be multiple managers interested in interviewing me for several positions. They paid for the flight, hotel, rental car, and food. At the facility we had a short presentation in a very large room. There was around 70 other people interviewing at the same time. We had a schedule given to us by the staff about where to go at what time. 8am interview, 9am interview, 10am interview, 11am lunch etc... The managers were set up at tables in the room and people walked up to their table and interviewed for an hour. I had 4 interviews that day. We also took a short tour of the facilities.

I didn't interview before flying out there though, which was a little strange. When I asked them why that was, they said it was because they picked the top three applicants for each position and flew them out to interview. Over all, it was a fun process. I had 4 interviews and received 4 offers. I did not accept any of the offers. They ranged in salary from 66k to 70k.

Interview Questions
    • None were difficult as they didn't ask technical questions, much more behavioral. Tell me about a time you exhibited leadership. When did you ever face conflict with a colleague and how did you respond? What was the biggest lesson you learned while working in a group? Generic questions. Mostly we covered my resume and schooling.   Answer Question

It turns out the positions weren't nearly as interesting as I assumed or as technical. The salaries were also lower than my expectation.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2014.

I am a transiting veteran who just relocated to Colorado Springs. I was contacted by a staffing agency and provided a copy of my resume and actually had an interview scheduled by the end of the day. I believe everything moved so quickly because of my particular experience while in the Air Force. The position in question was to conduct the testing of a command and control/integrated defense system for a foreign military and they were looking for a very specific skillset. The interview lasted about 45 minutes, 25 of which was spent discussing the project. Afterwards, we discussed my exact role and experience on some of the systems I had supported while on active duty. There were no real questions (i.e. what is your biggest strength, etc…) they just wanted to know what I had previously worked on. It was a very relaxed atmosphere. I have a software background and supported similar systems but got the impression they wanted someone with more operational experience.

Interview Questions
    • How much indepth experience do you have with tactical datalinks.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

The interview was fast and efficicent, the queations were pretty straight forward and I have no compaints as far as the professionalism. I would love to have accept the offer however the money just wasnt there. I have heard nothing but great things!

Interview Questions
    • If you won a million dollars, what is the first thing you would do?   View Answer