Lockheed Martin Interview Questions

Updated 20 Oct 2014

2.7

Aeronautical Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

I was contacted by HR telling me about two opportunities that I was being considered for. I was contacted almost exactly one month after applying to both positions online. I then organized travel arrangements through the company and was flown out on location in Fort Worth. I attended a hiring event at a hotel. Both interviews lasted one hour and were mostly them telling me about the company/job and asking me a few behavioral and situational questions to gauge my competency and whether they would like working with me. The interviewers included who my manager would be and an engineer in the department I would be working for. At the end they asked me if I had any questions. I asked at the end of both interviews when I would expect to hear back from them and was given vague answers that HR would handle it. While waiting for my flight later in the day I received a call from HR extending an offer. Shortly after getting the call, I was emailed the offer package.

I had also interviewed at the main facility once and the process was the same.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult decision that you have made in the past two years?   Answer Question
    They offered me more than I was expecting and the benefits package was amazing. I also did not have much leverage, so I did not see the need to negotiate.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied online, got back from HR within 1-2 months. Straight to on site interview. But sometimes they will have HR call you first to do the screening questions, for example, are you US citizen? I got a pre-employment form after 30 minutes of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Majority interview questions are behavioral and your school/project works.   Answer Question

Subcontract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

standard interview. All tell me about a time when.... One phone interview with HR then a quick call with someone from the business. Bring you in for a 'super day' interview with multiple people answer the same thing over and over. Have multiple examples to illustrate same thing.

Interview Questions
    • none. Easy interview compared with consulting companies.   Answer Question
    Get all the money you can up front. Do not be afraid because this is the only time to get ahead working there.

Senior Business Development Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Conducted a "round table" interview with 8 employees, each asking different questions. There was a variety of questions on multiple subjects. Many were soft skill questions, a lot were asking you to describe an event from a past position.

Technician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Very thorough and organized. The company has a standardized process that has been used for years which utilizes all of the following, phone interviewing, in-person interview and then online certification and testing. The security clearance step which is completed online takes the longest to complete.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

The recruiters came to the career fair. I waited in line to talk specifically to the individual whose interests most closely matched my own. I developed a rapport with recruiter and he called me about three weeks after the career fair to offer me a position in his group for the summer.

Interview Questions
    • What project that you have contributed have you found most exciting? Why   View Answer

Multi Functional Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Probably the quickest process I've been through to get a job. Applied for position in Denver at first. I didn't hear anything back. Then I applied for the same position in Boulder about two months later. Got an email from recruiter saying I'd be a fit for the position and would be getting info about an interview soon. Didn't have a phone interview. Flew up to Denver about a week after initial contact in email for the interview. Interview was with three managers where they asked a variety of behavioral/situation questions about past experience. It was going well so then they asked about salary requirements at the end. Interview was on a Thursday and I was offered the job on the next Tuesday. So, from first email contact, the process took about two weeks. Tried to negotiate based on cost of living expenses, but was denied.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of problems did you solve in your prior position?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Background screening followed by phone interview. Wasn't too difficult just had to be "quick on feet." Had to go through a very complicated background check following the interview but all of this was definitely worth the experience.

not very negotiable

Software Engineer Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

The first step in the interview process was a 30 min Screening Interview, with very basic questions about personality and goals.
    The second step was a different day with a 30 min Technical Interview with very basic programming questions over the phone.
    The final interview step was a one hour in person interview with staff and management.

Interview Questions
    • What is the best skill you can bring to our team?   View Answer
    Yes, negotiated relocation

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

The hiring process entailed completing an online application. Depending on the urgency of filling the position and how well the application meets the requirements of the vacant position determines how quickly the contact company will contact you back. Once you are in the interview process, they like to hear that you are aware of the type of position you are applying for and what you know about the business. They like to hear that you have similar experiences that will assist you in meeting their performance standards.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know what FEMA does? What is the most interesting thing about what you researched about the company?   Answer Question