Lockheed Martin Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.7

Intelligence Analyst Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

The entire process was streamlined and efficient. The hiring manager was professional and quick to respond. We had to conduct a phone interview and the time difference was drastic. They were able to facilitate a time that was convenient for both of us. Great experience!

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question for me personally was the "tell me about yourself" question. I did a phone interview and had written down some notes. I was pretty nervous and found myself reading my notes verbatim.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunnyvale, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in July 2014.

Submitted application online through LinkedIn. Gave me a call back about a week later to schedule a meeting. The interviewers made it seem like they wanted someone who would mostly work well in their group and basic knowledge. Asked questions of how I could help them and general life questions, nothing specific about the job.

Interview Questions
    • There were no technical or trick questions.   View Answer

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ban Phone Savang (Laos)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ban Phone Savang (Laos)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Unnecessary behavioral questions that had nothing to do with the job and how you perform the role. Time wasting questions that do not capture if you are the right candidate for the job, but just conversation fillers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to tell a leader no and what happen   Answer Question
    • Do you have a problem with the commute   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in August 2010.

Phone interview with five people, some managers, some team members. Asked about experience, asked about how would handle various situations. Afterward I was contacted by the manager by phone and told I would be sent an offer packet. That I had to pass a background check and that after I was hired I may not be able to perform my full duties until that was complete but would provide training to fill in the gaps and would provide other duties to keep me busy. I was brought on immediately and could have started the very next day however it was a full six months before background check was completed and thus my position was not as secure until after that was complete. And I could not, as I said, work on all tasks until then and access was not provided. However I was employed until then etc. Sometimes folks are brought on as a contract employee first and then made employee too. I did not follow that route.

Interview Questions
    • It has been five years I don't recall the questions per se -- recall asked about how I handled situations with customers and team members etc.   Answer Question
    I declined the verbal offer and asked for a little more -- they upped the offer a couple of thousand but that was all.

Business Analyst Interview

Simple straight forward process with no surprises. The interview was set-up through a recruiter and conducted by the hiring manager. There wasn't much of delay, but the recruiter still stayed in touch to ensure I had all necessary information and followed-up after the interview to give me expectations on next steps.

Subcontract Management Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in January 2011.

The process for me was quick. They needed somebody with cost-reimbursement defense-related subcontract management experience with good references. The interview consisted of a 3 managers asking questions randomly. The questions were not scripted so there seemed to be no process. However, the questions were consistently difficult and took thought to answer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most difficult procurement problem you've faced. What was the problem. Who were the participants? What made the outcome critical? What did you do to fix the problem? Was it important for you to make sure that both parties felt like winners or at least that they felt satisfied with the outcome? Why?   Answer Question

Technical Trainer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Had 2 interviews with the program manager (phone and in person) and 1 interview with the Client (Fed Govt) during the late Aug early Sept timeframe in 2006. Never heard a word back until the last week of Oct. I had forgotten about the job and interviews by then and had figured they weren't interested. I accepted the offer and started working Oct 30.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edison, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in January 2014.

Initially they will conduct a telephonic round, after that have a skype call and if required in-person interview will be scheduled. Starts from basic questions and then will drill you down deeper.
    initially they asked me about asp.net then asp.net mvc and sql server.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2010.

The initial interview process was multi layered. At first, I was called by a recruiter, who pre screened me. The next step, was another pre-screening with the hiring manager. I was then called in for an interview with the hiring manager and then his manager. This was for a level 2 position.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected scenario during the interview was trying to explain to my possible future boss, the techniques and technicality of my (then) current job. I believe he wanted to understand how well I knew my current job.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a sign on bonus, rather than an increase in pay.

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in January 2010.

Interview was one on one with the hiring manager at the time. Today, you will see two or more interviewers. I was referred by another employee. You will be interviewed by an HR rep and one or more managers.

Interview Questions
    I gave them my number and they came back higher.

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!