Lockheed Martin

Updated 25 Feb 2015
Updated 25 Feb 2015

2.6

College Student Tech Spec Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

I applied in November and got a email asking to do a phone interview. The interview was straight forward and it was all based off of my resume. Interviewer was very friendly and was straight to the point. Questions were about what your thought process was for something you mentioned on your resume. They just want to know how you think.

They got back to me in about 2 weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Would you call urself a leader or a team member and why?   Answer Question

College Student Tech Senior Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

The process is very different depending on the specific area you're applying to. For one position, I was able to get into contact with someone through a campus recruiting event. I was given a technical phone interview that started with questions based on my resume and was not given an offer. However, it should be noted that I was ill-prepared because it had been my first interview.

For another position, I applied online and received a response after several weeks. I was given an in-person interview during the week on a date specifically set off for intern interviews. It was local for me, but several other potential interns were flown in. We we given a brief history and background of the company, and then each candidate was called one-by-one by the manager they were going to be interviewed by. Because it was an all-day event, breakfast and lunch were both provided. Several people were interviewed multiple times throughout the day. There were a few technical questions, but most of it was behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Describe one of the projects on your resume and your experience working with the people on that team.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Phone interview that did not last too long. They just seemed to be checking off boxes but were very nice. They provided good feedback. Just search basic interview questions, because that is what they were asking. They also asked questions about my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you were encountered with a problem and how did you solve it.   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Went through 3 interviews with them including phone interviews. Last one was more informal and a visit to the onsite client. Past the phone interview / screening phase everything seemed pretty cool. The phone screening phase seemed pretty not-great though... a bit hurried. Got the feeling they were interviewing a lot of people that day.

Software Engineer Interview

Applied online and was flown out to the hiring event with the free amenities other people have been mentioning. I had two interviews with the hiring managers on site; as people have mentioned the questions asked were very behavioral and mostly non-technical.

I ended up receiving an offer a week/week and a half later. The offer was lower than my other job offers, but I had a good feeling at the interview, and thought the work this company does is pretty neat so I ended up accepting the offer.

No negotiation

Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

I was invited to attend an event where I would be interviewed by several hiring managers for several different positions in a single day. There was no specific job or department represented; there where even several subsidiaries represented. It was a pleasant enough experience, but honestly fairly awkward as many interviewers were unaware that the those they were interviewing had not specifically applied for their group/division. It seemed to many of us that the company had attempted to do some sort of matching program without telling anyone ahead of time.

Interview Questions
    • Many managers asked why I wanted to work in their group, but for the most part I was unclear what the job they were filling was, or had even heard of the subsidiary until that meeting. This made it difficult to know how to answer - the opportunity to work with the company was clearly interesting, but there was no background on the sort of roles they were looking to fill.   Answer Question

Proposal Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2015.

I was invited to a hiring event at the Marietta, GA facility. I think there were two waves of interviewees. I was a part of the morning group of about 20 interviewees from 8 - 12:30, and there were more afterwards until 4:30. There was a presentation of an overview of the company, breakfast, facility tour, interviews, and lunch. I interviewed with 3 men, 2 finance managers plus their Sr. finance manager in a small room around a table. They had a list of questions they were reading from and writing all of my answers down.

It has only been a few days since I interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • Which is more important creativity or efficiency? Why?
      Which is more important details or the big picture? Why?
      Tell us about a time you solved a problem.
      What do you know about Lockheed Martin?
      Why do you want to work for Lockheed Martin?
      How well do you work in teams?
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Tell us about a time you worked with a difficult person.
      Explain how you used Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
      Tell us about a time you overcame a challenge.

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2015.

Mass applied to many positions online. Received request for interview several months later after it seems a recruiter came across my resume. Strangely, I was asked to do a security pre-screen before the actual interview. A few days later, I got an onsite interview. I met with two groups that were interested in me. The interview with the first group was great and the recruiter, or whoever set up the interview, did a really good job matching my technical interests and personality type to the group technical lead and the project.

After a solid 45 minute interview in which we mostly geeked out about mathematical projects or object oriented programming, we shook hands and proceeded about our ways. The interview was fairly informal without a lot of the typical interview questions. The hiring manager was very interested and involved in the process and followed up with me several times following the interview concerning how I thought it went and how my interview compared with the group after me. They really seemed quite enthusiastic about Lockheed and the project and that enthusiasm was infectious. Three business days later I received a formal job offer.

Interview Questions
    • What are you working on in grad school now?

If you were hired, what would you do between now and your first day?

What attracted you most to this position?

Answer Question

Systems Engineer Asc Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2015.

Quickest interview process I've experienced. 2-3 45 min. informal interviews. Interviewers reviewed your resume thoroughly beforehand, and were open to questions. Make sure to clarify anything that may not be clear when they describe the role your are applying for.

Systems Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2015.

I applied online and was invited to attend an hiring event in Dallas. I interviewed on Friday and had a offer letter sent to me on Monday. I think it was very nice to be able to get an opportunity to get to see the production line of F-35s.

They also put me on schedule to interview for another position but I wasn't aware about it until halfway through that interview. I had asked the HR/(person who scheduled me) if it was for the same position or a different one and he did say it was for the same position.... :/ (left a little awkward because I didn't want what position I was interviewing for... but I went along with the flow)

*Note: I got an offer but I haven't officially accepted it as I got it just a couple of hours back :/

Interview Questions
    • STAR type questions, Very relaxed interview, they asked me a lot of questions based on my resume... so my suggestion would be know your resume well   View Answer