Lockheed Martin

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview Details I applied for several system engineering positions on their career website. I was not contacted for ~ 30 - 45 days until asked to attend an interview. I was supposed to meet with a person that was on the program; however, he was 'busy' so I met with another person. The interview was very formal (e.g. what did you do at your previous job?)... there were no behavioral questions. The interviewer told me that she believed I would be good for 1 of the available positions and I should be contacted within a week. I contacted the recruiter, informing him that I had another offer that I needed to provide a decision on ASAP. The (LM) recruiter did not inform me that LM intended to provide me with an offer until 1 week after I needed to make a decision on the other offer (which I had accepted). I decided to rescind acceptance of the other offer to accept the LM offer. I waited 2 months for a start date (which is how long I was told that it could take) and then LM rescinded their offer to me. Also, I have not been contacted by any LM recruiters since (~ a month ago). I have been unemployed (laid off) this entire time. I am less optimistic about LM as a company that I would want to work for considering how I was treated.

Interview Question – What did you do at your former employers?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not try to negotiate. I accepted the job offer as is; however, LM rescinded the job offer after 2 months of waiting for the start date.

Huntsville, AL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in August 2012.

Interview Details Process consisted of interviewing with Lockheed over the phone, then one-on-one, then with the customer's review panel. Interviews with Lockheed were mostly non-technical, just talking about perspectives of the customer, how things could be done better, etc. The customer interview was more in line with past experience, desired roles, etc.

Interview Question – Why are you leaving your previous employer after only 6 months there?   View Answer

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2010.

Interview Details I was already an LM employee at a different location. The transfer included a level increase, as well as a new title/position. The interview was handled over the telephone and consisted mostly of career aspiration discussions. Competency knowledge was gained through basic experience-related questions and communications skills were identified during the call. The interview was conducted with my new functional manager only, no team. No skills test was provided. The interview seemed mostly aimed towards identifying whether or not I was a fit within the site and the team.

Interview Questions

• Why did I decide that my previous site was no longer suitable?   View Answer
  • What have I done to increase communications within a team and what were the specific results?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate for this position. I applied, interviewed and accepted the salary/position available. The salary was inline with corporate standards and the level of salary increase was thoroughly explained with the rationale.

Staff Systems Engineer Interview

Staff Systems Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2010.

Interview Details Interviewer was not hiring manager. Interview consisted of mostly behavioral questions. When I asked about job description, tasks, expectations, interviewer declined due to security reasons. Interviewer did not meet my expectations. I gave all my information, but received absolutely zero information in return, not even about type of work, specific software skills needed, what type of clearance I needed, or even the type of people I'll work with. Overall, very disappointing experience.

Interview Question – Describe what challenges you had on project X and how you overcame them   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Staff Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in May 2009.

Interview Details I met with the manager and his boss (senior director) at the same time. They both flew to my location from California and from DC, and met at my selected time. We talked for about 1 hour. The next day, they made an excellent offer, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – At the time of this interview, I had two offers in writing from other companies. In this interview, I provided my minimum salary I could accept, which was 12% higher than both other offers. They met my minimum and added 5% more.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lockheed Martin

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!

Lockheed Martin Videos

Lockheed Martin – Why Work for Us?

From our history to our international footprint, there are certain things you want to know about us as it pertains to your career. Many CAREER AREAS To Choose From Discover where your career… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer Staff interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Lockheed Martin employees and interview candidates.