Los Angeles USD Interview Questions

Updated 17 Apr 2015

2.4

Administrative Intern I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Los Angeles USD.

Interview

I emailed a recruiter with my cover letter and resume. I was called a week later and asked if I was still interested. About a week after that, I was given an offer and asked to fill out and send them the official application and paperwork. Then I was contacted and told I would need a TB test. Once that was confirmed, I was scheduled for a processing appointment, and then officially given the position.

Interview Questions

• None, I was surprised by the lack of actual interview. The resume seemed to be good enough.   Answer Question

Ecse Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Los Angeles USD.

Interview

a week later after I submitted online application, the HR contacted me for a screening interview. The screening interview includes a response to two scenarios, a mini lesson, and other questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Los Angeles USD.

Interview

Applied online for a substitute position. I am credentialed. Waited forever (months) with no communication. I had to contact my connection and was able to get an eligibility interview. I thought since it was for a substitute position, the questions would be different but you're asked questions as if you're the teacher of record and would see the students long term and can make long-term decisions regarding the class. Questions were typical teaching interview questions. For other non-credentialed substitute applicants, the interview ends there. But since I'm credentialed, I had to go through the entire interview process as if I was applying for a fulltime record teacher position, even though I was just looking for a sub job. So I had to do a 12 min sample teach and essay writing sample.

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Maintenance Interview

Interview

Long process and lacked information on actual job responsibilities. Testing is required and was pretty straight forward. All interview activities are held in downtown Los angeles. The remaing are via phone calls.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions just lack of information where you will be assigned. They inform you after exhausting your time. If you hope to work in the valley, you might as well forget about that. They don't throw much resources there.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Teacher Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Los Angeles USD.

Interview

I had one interview for an elementary school teaching position. I was asked several questions, from the standard "Why do you want to work here?" to "Delve into your experience working with children." I am bilingual (Spanish), and the area where the school was located had a majority of Latino students, so that came in handy when explaining my ability to communicate with Spanish-speaking parents if necessary.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to teach at this school and not X school in another district?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was straight out of undergrad so there was no negotiation. My salary was set.

Intern Interview

Interview

There wasn't much of an interview process. I got the position after a recommendation through networking. My general impression is that you don't make it into the district without having an "in". Of course, you will have to competent and good at what you do, but you will probably have to network yourself into the mix.

Permanent Special Education Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

they called me, I went in the next week and met with 3 of the program directors in special education. they loved my responses to their questions and loved that I had experience in education and also my plans to teach in the future.

Interview Questions

• how do you keep students engaged during small group instruction?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watts, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Los Angeles USD (Watts, CA (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

Lots of paperwork to fill out and deliver to different floors of headquarters. Many stamps required/boxes to check off. You have to give a sample teach and then answer behavioral questions. This clears you to work for the district but you still need to interview with individual principals. Overall, the difficult part of the interview was getting all of the paperwork filled out correctly and signed by the right person - it seems dated and intentionally tedious.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if students are trying to leave class?   1 Answer

Adult Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

I got this job by fluke. I applied as an adult ed sub. Called in one night to sub. I asked the administrator du jour to model instruction. She did, and asked if I could handle it. I said I did, and I did. I got the job permanently a few weeks later and never looked back until the recent job cuts have affected my pay and job security..

Negotiation

UTLA, the union, and the District, per collective bargaining agreement,

Senior BSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

I had one telephonic and one in person interview. Lots of situation based questions were asked and some on SQL to test my technical skills. I got the offer next day after the interview.