Lowe's

756 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Wichita, KS (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Lowe's in August 2012.

Interview Details HR department called after about 2 months. Set up interview at the store. Came in for a 45 minute interview with HR manager and store manager. Just basic questions in regards to customer service, personnel, and store procedures. Store manager called me within 3 days to offer me the position.

Interview Question – How do you motivate your a manager who does not agree with the policy?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me $59000 and I accepted. There was no negotiation.

Customer Service Associate II Interview

Siloam Springs, AR (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in September 2013.

Interview Details Very straight forward, called several times until I was offered an interview. Interviewed with HR and a manager, mostly behavioral questions ("tell me about a time"). Very friendly and easy to talk to. Just have good examples of customer service or sales skills.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you failed at something and how you corrected it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not really much negotiation, they give you a starting pay that goes up based on performance.

Millwork Sales Specialist Interview

Nashua, NH (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Lowe's in September 2010.

Interview Details You are asked to take a computer quiz first before coming in for interview that consists of about 50 questions. You are given scenarios of retail situations and asked how you should respond. Then, you may or may not be called for an interview with the HR manager. If they like you, you will move on to interviewing with the store manager or an assistant manager. Lastly, you will need to pass a drug test where they basically just swab your cheek.

Interview Question – I can't remember any specific questions but it would be beneficial to look up some generic retail questions and fake scenarios before going in for the interview. There is a specific retail etiquette that I was not familiar with.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate II Interview

DuBois, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in July 2013.

Interview Details Two separate interviews. Give examples of when....questions dealing with how you react in various situations.

Interview Question – When did you make a mistake, what did you do, and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They make an offer and you can accept or decline and there are no negotiations-which they inform you about on your initial interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Interviewed at Lowe's

Interview Details Applied then received email the following day. Within a week I was scheduled an appointment but when I went the manager wasn't there due to personal reasons. So it was rescheduled and we did an over the phone interview and about a week later I received an email stating they were proceeding with other candidates at this time.

Interview Question – Explain a situation where you had to compromise with another team member to get something done?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details The company was very thorough and prompt at first. After applying on their website, I had a phone screening call within a week. This was followed up by a phone interview, and then an on-site interview. After the on site interview, it was downhill from there. It took another 7 weeks to notify me of their decision.

To keep informing me that a decision will be coming soon, following a 3+ month interview process, was extremely frustrating. When I did hear from them, it was an automated email indicating that they were moving in a different direction.

Interview Question – All questions were behavioral / situational type questions.   Answer Question

Information Security Analyst Interview

Mooresville, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details Started with recruiter. Very basic stuff. Then a phone interview with potential manager, again nothing too difficult. Was brought onsite for an interview. Panel style. Lots of behavioural questions, describe a time when you did X, or when you did Y. Customer service focused, light on the technical details. Was really expecting more of a technical interview. People were friendly.

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Mooresville, NC (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Lowe's in December 2011.

Interview Details One phone interview with a recruiter then they brought me on site for an interview with a BA, an Architect, and the recruiter.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions. The most difficult was a pseudo code question but it wasn't too hard.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – An acceptable offer was made. I asked for a sign on bonus and I got about 60% of what I asked for.

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details Application, Assesment, Panel Interview

Interview Question – All are difficult. You must be able to answer situational questions with HR scenarios.   Answer Question

Cashier - Front End Interview

San Dimas, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's in May 2011.

Interview Details Applied online and called the store asking to speak to the HR manager. Upon getting a hold of the HR asked if I thy would be available for me to shake their hand and put a face to my application. Two weeks passed and I got a call saying I had a interview the next day. Arrived early in slacks, shirt, tie, and a vest. Interviewed first with the zone manager and that week well. 5 minutes after I spoke to the HR and was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Question – "Describe a time when you went above and beyond in your customer service."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR manager offered me 10.24$ which was above my previous job so I accepted immediately. After thinking about it I could have likely received more due to my experience.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lowe's

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lowe's interview questions and advice. All 756 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Lowe's employees and interview candidates.