Lowe's Interview Questions

Updated 15 Apr 2015
1,493 Interview Reviews

2.6

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Submitted an online application. Took a little over a week to get called for an interview. Was a two person interview with HR Manager and assistant manager. They took turns asking about eight situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you put together a plan for a project or work assignment.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about strategies you have used in the past to ensure your work or the work of others was accurate and completed satisfactorily.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to make an important decision based on limited or conflicting information.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation when you worked to identify the needs of a customer or co-worker.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you and your manager, or a peer, had a major difference of a opinion on how something should be done.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Applied online, got a call the next day to set up an interview for the following Monday. Interview was behavioral interview questions, they were pretty straight forward. The interviewer would let you skip a question and come back to it last, which was different for me. A few days after the interview I got a call saying I got the job pending a background check and a drug test. Took about two weeks total before I started working.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked as a team to accomplish a goal?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lowe's (Sarasota, FL (US)).

Interview

Very easy process. They have to go off of a pre-determined form that lists the questions. There is little wiggle room and most of the questions are "tell me about a time..". Not very HR specific at all. It was a an initial phone screen by the Area HR Manager and then a group interview with the area HR and the store manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay well below national average for this position

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's (Cypress, TX (US)).

Interview

It was during their peak season and they were busy with candidates all day. When it was mine turn I had to interview in the electrical room which was awkward. I had three interviews that day. The first two were with ASMs and the third with the SM. The SM at the time was not very friendly at all. Everything I said he would use against me. I almost turned down the job because of him.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous employer?   1 Answer
    • If we don't give you the schedule you need will you quit?   1 Answer

Call Center Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

The entire process took about a month. I filled out the application, got an interview 2 weeks later. After the interview got an offer about 2 weeks later. The entire interview was very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Discussed different customer service situations, and how I handled them   Answer Question

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's (Federal Way, WA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

It was pretty short, the manager asked me to come in after a short notice. But I didn't mind. The position was for stocker. After the interview, he told me that the assistant manger and himself will look at other interviews and myself and will give me a call. Well, April 15, 2015 I received being offered the job but the had to run a background check first.

Csa Front End Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lowe's (Omaha, NE (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I went into the HR office and she had me fill out a paper that determined my availability and then she had me read over the job requirements. I had one interview it was pretty easy she asked basic behavioral questions. She offered me the job right after all of the questions and then had me sit in another room for a minute while she decided my pay. She brought me back in and had me do the drug screening which is a saliva one that I did right in her office. I filled out a few more pieces of paper work and that was it.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you went above and beyond for a position that you held?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lowe's (Tampa, FL (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Rapid fire interview, 2 Managers (HR and Store Mgr), back and forth between the two managers, 1 question at a time, to dig deeper in to each questions. Very comfortable feeling very relaxed style of interview.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions regarding metrics/behaviors/solutions/coaching.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Was called a couple days later to come in for face to face interview. HR manager was very friendly. Once going through about seven behavior/experience questions, he asked if I had questions for him. He said they would make their decision over the weekend and call everyone back. They called back on Monday to let me know that they gave the position to an internal candidate, but would like to offer me a position as a seasonal cashier. Went ahead and accepted offer, which I was then asked to come in for a drug test. She said that the orientation would be in a week.

Interview Questions

• All questions that were asked were the same as listed from previous posts on Glassdoor. I went though and typed all questions that were asked in previous interviews and applied my experience and feelings to each question. Once in the interview, I was able to quickly respond with detailed answers.
      The only question that I had not seen on Glassdoor which threw me off was, "Tell me about a time you had to help others to get away from an unsafe situation?" I told the HR manager that I could explain a time that I had to inform my employer of a situation that was legally unsafe for the company and needed immediate attention. He said that would be fine.

1 Answer

Customer Service Associate II - Windows and Walls Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Went in for an interview for windows and walls, I did fairly well but on their grading system one of the other two folks interviewed scored slightly above me. They however offered to bring me on in the paint department instead. The whole process took about a week and a half all together. They just utilized my interview scores from the prior interview.

Negotiation

No negotiation except for deciding whether or not I wanted to leave my prior job at Home Depot to move onto lowes. I was offered a set hourly wage based on prior experience. And I was promised to phase into a permanent position once seasonal is over.