Lowe's

1,349 Interview Reviews

2.6

Department Manager - Administrative/Customer Service Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

Department Managers usually interview with the Assistant Store Manager of the given zone and Store Manager. Questions will be selected from categories such as customer service, sales, leadership/management, etc. It will last around 30 min- 1 hour, depending on how well you answer the questions. The more detailed and specific you are, the better. Some managers will ask additional questions in response to your answers. They always ask if you have anything else that you want to share with them--you are welcome to bring anything from previous job experiences that demonstrates that you are qualified. It's always a good idea to have a question to ask them as well.

Interview Questions
    • What will you bring to the department to ensure that sales continue and that the product is trending?   Answer Question
    There isn't usually negotiation at Lowe's unless it's upper management.

Customer Service Associate & Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's.

First interview was with HR and the front end department managers. About 4 days later I got a call for a second interview, which ended up actually being an offer from the store manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to handle an upset customer?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate hourly salary, 20 cents more than the job I was at before.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

Total of 3 interviews. First was a skype interview. Then 2 on site interviews. Each interview lasted about 1 hour. The questions were quite standard behavioral and also technical.

Interview Questions
    • You are managing a restaurant and have become unprofitable. What steps would you take to fire employees to make the company profitable in the long run.   View Answer

Elecrical Associate Interview

Three week process. Phone interview, face to face and final with store manager. Once you are hired you are on your own. Sink or swim should be the opening topic during their new hire training.

Interview Questions
    • Explain an unethical event you participated in with a former employer. How did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

Submitted application to 2 different stores at end of April- before summer hiring start. Received phone call from both. First HR interviewed me, then store manager. Asked situational questions. Yes, they do a drug test after offering you a position. For seasonal employees I guess they just look to see that you are a decent person who will be available for the time frame. Little interaction with store manager or HR while on the job.

Interview Questions
    Did not receive offer from Store 1, probably because I mentioned I would not be available for entire summer. Received offer from Store 2. Believed I clicked with that manager more.

Manager Interview

It's all about who you know and how well they know you and how much you can b/s your way into a position and pay. Get the advice from friends who actually work there to get a real synopsis of how badly the company works

CSA Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Lowe's.

The process began with a phone call from hr the day after submitting my application online. We set up a meeting for a few days later. When I arrived I was greeted by the head of hr and he immediately brought me back to his office. We went through my resume and then he asked situational questions. After I answered each he asked a follow up question in order to get more detail or in this instance I beljeve to throw me off because I had already gone in depth and was extremely specific. Shortly after finishing with him I met with the assistant manager who was very nice and the process was more of the same although he was much more personable and wanted to actually talk and discuss the store and position as well as just shoot the bull. I was called back 3 days later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to deal with an unhappy customer that could not be consoled.   Answer Question

Customer Sewrvice Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

I submitted an application on-line and followed up by dropping in, the next day, to speak with the HR mgr. I told him that I "just wanted to make sure you got my application, and see if you had any questions about some of my background". He looked taken aback and said he would check on it right then. I waited for several minutes and he returned and asked if I'd be interested in an interview right then.

Interview Questions
    • I was questioned extensively about a previous job that had absolutely no bearing on the position I was applying for. Though not surprised at their interest, I was surprised that there were NO questions about my background pertaining to the job.   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lowe's in November 2014.

Submitted online application. About a week later, got called for an interview with HR Manager and assistant manager. Everyone there seemed to have a good repoire, very friendly and relaxed process. Interviewed in early afternoon and received an offer that night. The interview questions are all behavioral--very little focused on job history.

Interview Questions
    • What is good customer service?   View Answer
    • Why would you be a good department manager/what experiences do you have that make you qualified?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you solved a difficult customer service experience?   Answer Question
    • Can you perform the job functions (after you read job description).   Answer Question
    • How do you retain employees and motivate staff?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, but the offer was more than I anticipated. They have a lot of benefits plus it's hourly, so there is work-life balance.

Csa Front End Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Lowe's.

The interview process was probably the most difficult I have experienced. I interviewed with the HR Manager and then an Assistant Store Manager, all of which took place in one day. Each interview lasted a half hour. The HR Manager went in depth about the job description and asked about 6 situation-based questions, ex: Tell me about a time when you gave a customer wrong information? What was the outcome? About 5 minutes after the initial interview, I was taken into an office with the ASM. In this portion of the interview I was given the opportunity to "sell myself" and speak on my strengths and why I would be a good fit for the position. She asked about my skills and how they were utilized in previous jobs. The interview with the ASM was a bit more personal; after I spoke about my skills, she went on to asking situation-based questions as well. To conclude the interview, she asked why I chose Lowe's (I would recommend doing research on their site to set yourself apart from other interviewees). I applied online on a Sunday, received a phone call to set up an interview on a Tuesday, interviewed on Wednesday, was contacted by HR Manager that same day and accepted offer; tomorrow (Thursday) I will be going in for a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when a supervisor's message wasn't clear? How did you overcome that situation? What were the results?   Answer Question
    I was prepared to negotiate and ask for more if their offer was below $11/hr, however, that wasn't necessary as they extended an offer that superseded my expectations!