MSC Industrial Direct Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014
35 interviews

2.9

Verifyer Checker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fernley, NV (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fernley, NV (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct in July 2014.

Takes a long time to get hired on, I'm on my 3rd week now and still not confirmed hire. It's ok though, they should do a good job on investigating potential employees.

Interview Questions
    • Previous employment and solidifying dates with companies   View Answer
    No negotiation. It is what it is.

OSA Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct in August 2011.

Very long interview process and the background check timeline can make you crazy...but it you tell the truth and just be yourself you'll stand out. MSC hired real people to sell to customers. The process it started by their corporate recruiters who are very friendly and focused on what they are hiring for. local manager takes over and is also very friendly.

tried to negotiate salary but it is what it is.

Account Executive Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct.

Recruiter call, phone interview, face to face interview with Branch Manager, phone interview with Market Manager. Background and credit rating check, but no drug test. They want metal working experience when they can get it - those with it will be ranked as more valuable. New trend os to hire younger people with less experience and low ball on salary with a Ford Focus. Experience is not valued. They are now trying to be like Fastenal, not MSC.

Messy, they tried lowballing on salary. Ask for what you want or you won't get much.

IT Ops Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct in April 2012.

Efficient. Was called very shortly after submitting resume and appt set up quickly. Two interviews. Pleasant management experience. Did not interview with Dagro.Would never have taken position if I had even one minute in the same room with him.

I didn't negotiate

Packer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Elkhart, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkhart, IN (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct in September 2010.

The interview process was not difficult. It was a two step process. The initial interview was to complete personal information. The second step was to actually "try out" the job for a day. If you were successful, you were called back.

None.

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct.

Interview process was good in the 90's They actually spoke to you and treated you like a human being not a number

Interview Questions
    • didn't really ask a difficult question   View Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct.

We typically have the OSA (Outside Sales Associate) meet with Recruiting, then Recruiting and the hiring manager. Depending about the accounts and territory, perhaps a third round with interested parties.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer how you will generate new business.   View Answer
    I've been with MSC for a number of years.
    I'm a hiring manager and I do not negotiate all that much.

Java Developer III Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct in October 2013.

Initial HR round, followed by technical phone screen and then a final on-site interview with 3 to 4 people.

Interview Questions
    • Why would make method arguments final?   View Answer
    They were not very willing negotiate, It was more like take it or leave it.
    They ended making a very decent offer, so I accepted.

National Accounts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct.

Was contacted by 3rd party recruiter, went through MSC's process which took literally 11 weeks. Including a 3 hour skills assessment test and phone call with a NYC Psychologist.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me 2 things that are not on your resume that should be.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charleston, SC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct in May 2010.

Phone, face to face

offer was made.

Worked for MSC Industrial Direct? Contribute to the Community!