Macy's

Updated 2 Mar 2015
3,043 Interview Reviews

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

If they call you in for an interview, it is more than likely that you've already gotten the job. They ask pretty basic questions, nothing that wasn't far from the normal interview questions. i.e "Why do you want to work for our company? , What do you consider to be some of your strengths, etc. " It is a great job for beginners to gain experience in the customer service field.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Applied online for seasonal position. Had a phone interview with one of the managers. She asked few basic question and set the training day. Got all of my paperwork done the same day, and called for a shift three days after.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a customer with a very negative attitude   View Answer

Executive Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Macy's.

I met a recruiter during a career fair on campus. I turned in my application online and was invited to an info session and on-campus interview. The interview consisted of two parts. The first interviewer tried to make you feel comfortable. The second part you had to look at stats and decide which employee to coach. The second interviewer is this part was quite disinterested and seemed like he hated his job. Overall, I would say the interview process was not nerve-racking so just be yourself.

Interview Questions
    • What was one of your goals? And then they asked follow up questions like 1. how did you achieve that goal and 2. what would you have done different   Answer Question

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Macy's.

The Process was fairly quick. Got 3 interviews all in 1 week and got a job offer. I was told to apply at the store computers which reach to the management faster, then got called in 4 days. Got interviewed with Cosmetics Department Manager, 2 days later got interviewed by another Manager, and then same day got Interviewed by the Brand Manager, 2 days got a job offer.

Product Development Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

They came to campus for a career fair. Met them there, then applied for internship and was accepted for interview. Interviewed and received respond about a week and a half later.

Interview Questions
    • Explain M.O.M.M.
      Describe an internship where you learned about how a business works.

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

I arrived at the agreed time of the interview. I ended up talking to the manager of the store. Basically they asked me questions about myself and my ability to read people.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

Easy. Applied Friday, interviewed Sat., rejected Monday. Perhaps when she asked what hours I would prefer, I made the mistake of saying although I am available flex, part or full time, I answered full time but I said it didn't matter to me because I am flexible and would love flex part time as well. So the email said I didn't get it because I was not available for the times they needed even though I had every time and day option checked in the application. Will never know. So if you go in emphasize that you are eager to work what they need to fill only.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

It was easy, I was invited to interview via email, got interviewed and was asked about upselling and what department I wanted to work in. The interviewer was nice and we really connected. She asked typical questions, "tell me about yourself" "why do you want to work here?" I basically had the first and second interview the same day. After I told her what department I wanted to work in she had the department manager come in and talk to me for a little bit, I signed some paper work and then I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer is only buying pants and a shirt, what other things could you offer her to complete her outfit?   View Answer
    They matched my pay with my other job by 5 cents extra so I started (in 2013) with $8.85 an hour (85 cents above minimum wage)

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's.

I came in met with the hiring manager talked for about 20 minutes and that was it. Didn't get the job because i didn't have enough sales experience. Hiring manager was nice but didnt really give a chance for you to really answer the questions.

Interview Questions
    • It was a packet full of questions that each macy's ask you and the hiring manager fills it out.   Answer Question

Detective Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

Filled out application on-line. Next day I recieved an email to set up a phone interview. I picked the following day at 1:30. I recieved no call. I got a call at 2:45 from the department manager and I asked him if he knew what time my interview was for, he said 2. I told him that he was incorrect and that it was for 1:30 and regardless he was still late. Very unprofessional. He asked if I had time to conduct the interview and we proceeded. He asked me to then come in for a face to face interview within two days. I had an interview with the department manager and his assistant. I was given a call back within two days with a job offer and was asked to come in to complete some paperwork in HR. I came in the same day. I was sat down at a computer, put my Macy's Careers login information in and was asked to put in my social and birthday and that was it. I left. I got a call within 15 from HR asking to confirm my social and address. I confirmed and was told I should receive an email with a link to the background check within a few hours, it's now been over 48 hours, checking my inbox and spam folder. Still nothing.