Macy's Interview Questions

Updated 15 Apr 2015
3,193 Interview Reviews

2.3

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The interview was very simple and easy, with no out of the ordinary occurrences. Even was hired the same day as my interview.The manager who hired me turned out to be a great manager, one of the few. Applying for employment at this particular location is not something to fear as the entire process is rather simple.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's (Riverside, CA (US)).

Interview

The process was rather fast. She asked me why I wanted to work for the company while walking to the interviewing room. She also asked about availability.I felt like the interview process was more of a fast pace. I think she looked at my previous experience and thought I would be a good candidate. I still have to interview with the brand although she gave me to brand options. From there I am supposed to interview with the talent plus?

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you lead a team what did you do what was the outcome?
      How do you feel about touching peoples faces?
      How would you sell me a Macys credit card?
      How would you make customers come back to you?
      How would you sell a specific product to me and have it in my basket to take home?

Answer Question

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Phoenix, AZ (US)).

Interview

The woman who interviewed me was very friendly however she kind of talked to me like I was a child even when I was serious(I'm 18). The interview consisted of her reading off of a paper that told you to give them scenarios of past experiences you've had. The only problem was my schedule. I am a student so it limited my flexibility.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time where you and your coworkers worked together and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The manager who interviewed me was very nice and just asked basic questions. Like Why Macy's? How would you accomplish your sales goal for every shift? Name a time you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it? Majority of the time Macy's will hire someone with little or no experience. Going into this I only had two months of legitimate job experience. It really is all about how you answer each question. Overall, it wasn't a hard interview and I was hired right on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's (Brooklyn, NY (US)).

Interview

During interview other staff kept walking in and out. The manager was very standoffish and made it clear that I had to eat breathe and sleep macys. She couje careless if you had anything that would interrupt with the job

Receiving Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

The interview was really easy just standard questions. But the interviewer keep pointing out that I was a GIRL and that he had MORE GUYS to interview that week. The interview went really well and since I had already worked at another Macy's for a year in a similar position I was confident I would get the job. However an hour later I got an email telling me I didn't fit the requirements for the position.

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Valley Stream, NY (US)).

Interview

I applied for seasonal Merchandising associate. Was called a few days later for a phone interview. They asked questions like, why do you want to work for Macy's? , have you ever managed a group before?, etc etc) then I was called again about 3 days later saying that the early morning shift that I wanted for merchandising wasn't available but Receiving had early morning shifts available, so I told them it was okay and accepted the position. They told me to come in for paid train that Thursday and Friday. After that I haven't heard from them, nor did I have a schedule on insite. I called and went up there a few times to speak to a manager but every time I was told they were in a meeting. Finally about three weeks later I called and asked for a manager's direct number and got ahold of the Receiving manager and he told me to come in the next day.

Corporate Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I met the recruiter at a career fair on campus. I applied online and had an two Skype interviews and there was a pre night to meet the associates. Everyone was very nice and easy to interview with.

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's (Lakewood, CA (US)).

Interview

They basically want to know how important your customer service skills are. Like most retail jobs common sense goes a long way. Have specific examples in mind regarding past customer experiences.

Interview Questions

• How would you react if you found out a coworker was stealing?   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Interview

applied online, sending email to ask me to schedule an interview in person within 2 weeks.
    I was 15~20 minutes for my interview, HR assistant took me into the room and interviewed me with few short questions and the interview ended within 20 minutes. I asked her when will I know if I have a second interview, she told me the position was filled not open but they just accumulating resume for future use.
    By the way she is not the manager who supposed to interview me; however, she was honest and told me she is not familiar of what kind of people does the manager wants/needs.

Interview Questions

• what will you do if your coworker gives you a hard time or being difficult ?   Answer Question