Macy's Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
2,611 Interview Reviews

2.3

Seasonal Stock Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Once I applied online waited 2 days, got a response via emial. She was really friendly even thou my interviewer was late. Interview was pretty straight forward wasn't hard. First question she ask was why macy as i say my answers she wasnt even looking at me too busy writing what you respond.

Interview Questions
    • describe a time where you had to work in a team and what did you do   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in September 2014.

I waited about 30 min for the hiring manager to collect me from the waiting room, then we went to an office and the first thing she asked was about my availability. I told her only evenings on weeknights and anytime weekends, and she proceeded to tell me that their busy hours are from noon-3 and my availability would not work for that, so the interview was over and I left. I'm not sure why they didn't check what I put on my application before offering me an interview, but it was just a waste of time!

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bethel Park, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethel Park, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

I applied on-line. They contacted me on-line and I chose an interview day/time using their on-line system. It was rather cool. I arrived at my scheduled time and spent 30 minutes chatting with the shoe department manager. She didn't ask too difficult questions, and it was more of a conversation than anything, but effective. She offered me a job in womens' wear on the spot. I accepted. We were going to do my I-9 form right then but I didn't have the 2 forms of photo ID with me. She said someone would call me that week. No one called.

Interview Questions
    They never called me. I called them after 3 weeks and left a message. They never returned my call.

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bronx, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in June 2014.

The interview process is a two part session. The first being a phone interview where they ask you basic questions about why you want to work for Macy's . Describe a key moment or event that showcases your talent for loss prevention. Describe your previous jobs. What the best skill you have. They just want an idea of who you are. If they like you they will call you in for a personal interview. They basically ask you about previous job experiences and how you were able to handle certain situations. They ask the same questions many times about how would you react in a under pressure momemnt

Interview Questions
    • Give a time that you had to figure out what the objective was without a supervisor telling you what to do   Answer Question
    They started me at 9 dollars an hour but informed me that pay raise was very fast based on how we performed

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's.

Online apps only, a phone interview,then a F2F interview. If you are accepted, they will then perform a background check. Training is 2 days for seasonal employees and 2 weeks for Full/Part Time. Full/Part Time employees received department training as seasonal do not. Welcome to Macy's.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you went above and beyond your job to please a customer   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Very simple and straight forward. Nothing difficult. The interview process is very basic and not very long. They just want to know that you at least has some personality and aren't a total lunatic. I would simply suggest that you relax and be yourself without trying too hard to impress

Interview Questions
    Be honest and upfront about what you want

Sales Associate In Macy's Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tukwila, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Macy's in January 2013.

interview process was quick and easy since it was my second time going through it because of my former seasonal position. After the seasonal quarter ended i was asked to re-apply. My interviewing manager was very easy going and kept most of the questions simple an straight forward

Interview Questions
    • "What would you do different as a permanent associate this time around" i wasnt quite sure how to answer the question.   Answer Question

Cosemetics Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in August 2012.

They will go with the less qualified applicant for the lease amount of money. They have a large turnover because of the hours and scheduling. Counter Managers can be brutal and territorial with their established clientele. Great place to hon your skills but environment can be juvenile.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's.

Completed form online. Received an email a few days later about an invitation for an interview. At the interview they ask you questions mostly about your work ethic.

After the interview, the manager told me that they did not have a position available. It was really strange if you think about it. Why would you interview people if there aren't any spots available?

Interview Questions
    • Give a situation that required you to help out a customer with a very difficult problem. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cupertino, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in March 2011.

I was scheduled for a group interview with two other people inside the Macy's offices. The interview included all of us at the same time with questions on rotation. It was easy to answer the questions such as your strengths and weaknesses, why you want to work for Macy's, and what my goals were after Seasonal work. Overall the interviewer was friendly and the environment lax.

Interview Questions
    • Would you like to continue working for Macy's after the seasonal job.   Answer Question

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!