Macy's

Average Difficulty
781 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details Really not a hard interview very basic questions. It's a 1on 1 interview and the only thing that I didn't like about it was if I didn't acpect the commission job I wouldn't get the job.

Interview Question – Real easy questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in June 2013.

Interview Details Beware easy come esay go... Research your company people really? I am shocked by the lack or preperation people went to as I waited to be interviewed.

Interview Question – What makes you a great fit for Macy's   Answer Question

Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in May 2013.

Interview Details It was a very easy process. I applied and a week later I set up a interview. Most of the people being interviewd didn't seem as experienced as me but still got hired

Interview Question – How would you sell a store rewards account   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details I applied online, the following day i was contacted by the HR call center, I had a phone interview. After the phone interview i was offered the job, they just had to verify my employment history. I went in the next day and signe paper work and was enrolled in an orientation class.

Interview Question – name a time when you had to work as a part of a team, what was the project, your role, and the result.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in July 2014.

Interview Details After I applied online in less than 1week I had an email scheduling my interview for the following week. The interviewer was the nicest guy, he started by telling me his story in the company and how he became the manager and after questions about my past experience he said he liked me and that they could this other manager to to my hiring process! Easy as a breeze. Just make sure you are honest!

Interview Question – There was not an unexpected question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They hired me right away!

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details i got an email asking me to come in for an interview, i showed up and completed my interview, they emailed me a week later telling me the position had been filled.

Sales Associate
Rancho Cucamonga, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Macy's in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied via online, got invited to do an interview, went to the interview. I arrived 15 minutes early. They took an hour to get to me after I asked 3 times if someone is going to interview me. Finally I got an interview and was asked about 10 questions. I thought I did fine and we were both smiling. The lady who interviewed me was nice, but seemed to lead me on. She said as soon as a job opened in a certain department they would give me a call or e-mail. Less than 24 hours later I received an e-mail saying I'm not qualified and there is no job for me. If this is how the managers and human resource employees normally are then I probably wouldn't want to work there anyway.

Interview Question – Explain a situation where you had to help someone with a problem that they would consider complex.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details Very simple interview process. I was interviewed by a manager in the ready-to-wear department. I then was interviewed by the Human Resources manager. I was offered the job immediately following the interview.

Interviewed at Macy's

Interview Details The hiring process was super easy. They asked the usual questions, and a few about customer service. You should ask them to explain commission to you thoroughly, if offered a position.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Ban Phone Savang (Laos)

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in September 2013.

Interview Details Applied on line. Received call the next day and was hired right then.

There was basically no interview. Never saw the person who called me until I came in to fill out paperwork.

Interview Question – How soon can you start?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Quoted an hourly salary, but received less.

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!