Macy's Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated 28 Oct 2014

2.2

846 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's.

Applied online and got an email the day after saying they want to have a phone interview with me. Two days later, I randomly got a call and was interviewed on the spot. They called back again about 2 or 3 days later and asked more about my availability and was hired as a seasonal support associate, eventually became a permanent sales associate.

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview was very easy , I had two interviews , first one was with the hiring manager then if they call u back you interview with the department manager that you will be working for/in , basic retail questions . Make sure you smile and your very confident but also polite .. Sell yourself basically .

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a customer who is having a bad day ?   Answer Question
    No negotiation ,sarted at minimum wage

Sales Associate Interview

Very short. Not much detail. Looking for those that are customer service focused and friendly with public. Makes sense since it's 100% public facing. Question we're not complicated. Overall easy interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Specific scenario with customers service scenario that you handled.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NJ (US)

I filled a application out online . Received a email two days later to schedule my interview. I scheduled it for the following two days.

This was my first interview in about 4/5 years so I was a bit nervous and I'm sure it showed.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a lot of questions where you have to describe scenarios   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

I received an interview within a week of submitting my application. Questions were pretty typical interview questions. There were a lot of scenario based questions that started like "What would you do if..."

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you noticed a coworker or manager doing something illegal or against store policy?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

I applied online. It took about a week to receive a email to setup an interview. The interview process took about 15 mins and usually the question she ask we're about the same question on here.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell an item to a stranger?
      Tell me a time when you had try to sell an item that was out of stock ?
        View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

I applied online for the seasonal sales rep and five days later I received an email to schedule myself for an interview. It was a quick 10 min interview with the manager. Basically she just wanted to know my availability.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

I applied on snagajob and got an automated email to schedule an interview time 2 days later. I went to the interview 15 minutes later, and waited for the HR but she was 10 minutes late. Anyway, she brought me into her office and started asking me questions. It didn't seem like she'd even read my application, because she kept asking me questions that were on it. Most of the questions were situational questions about what I'd do if certain things happened on the job and I was really nervous and asked her to repeat questions a couple times while I was in the middle of my answer. After the interview, she said that they'd email me within the next 48 hours telling me if I got the job or not, and I got the email . I didn't have experience, so that may have been the reason I didn't get the job

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you gave excellent service to resolve a problem   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

I filled an application out online. I received an email a few days later in which a link was supplied to schedule an in person interview the following week. I arrived 15 minutes early and only waited about 5 minutes before I was called in. The interviewer was very friendly and the questions were pretty much expected.

Interview Questions
    • Why Macy's?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you had to sell a product. How you went about it, how it was received, what the results were.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you saw a coworker doing something wrong or against policy. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Seasonal position, minimum wage was offered.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

I was a bit early, so they told me to take a seat outside the office. I was brought back to an office where the manager sat across from me. She introduced herself and asked me some basic questions. Mostly about honesty and how I would sell to clients. I was then asked which 3 departments I would like to work in and I said either juniors, young mens, or perfume. I was not honored the requests but was offered a job on the spot for $.25 more than minimum wage.

Interview Questions
    • If you saw an employee stealing from work what would you do?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.