Macy's

Updated 18 Jan 2015

2.2

876 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Super simple. Basically applied online, about a week later got a call for an interview. My interviewer was extremely cool and fun and made the process bearable. I got offered the position on the spot.

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

First is the long on-line application with the personality testing, then you are asked to come in. Interviews were fine, if they don't give you the whole story. Didn't give full process or explain training, when hours could be picked up. Sort of like they were telling half the story.

Interview Questions
    • How many credit cards did you open at your last job?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

Simple, easy, fair. Apply on line, called for interview, informed of work available, interviewed for ability and aptitude. Manager follows company standard outline of questions including, sell me this pencil (item).

Interview Questions
    • How you turned a complasint into a happy camper.   View Answer
    none, minimum wage at tiem plus 10cent hr.

Sales Associate Interview

25 minute interview and 4 hour testing (register & questions & Answering problems). Asked if ever worked for Macys before and asked if I knew anyone that worked at Macy's.

Sales Associate Interview

Very easy. Just came in and talked to me for about 15 minutes. Asked a few question about how I work with people and how I work under pressure. It really wasn't too bad

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's.

super easy interview. mostly they just want to know if you can sell, and what schedule is workable. they have different work schedule options. but get ready to work weekend nights if youre choosing to work parttime

Interview Questions
    • there are no hard questions. as long as you can speak english you're good.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online on Macy's website. I was contacted by phone and invited to a group interviewed. I was interviewed one on one with the hiring manager of department, and hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked for a demonstration and sell them something on the spot   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's.

Applied online. You must be 18+ to work here. If you get an interview, you're basically hired. They will hire you on the spot. Questions: 1) why macy's? 2)what do you do to celebrate a sale? 3) how do you encourage customers to buy more things? etc
    Answer they are looking for: 1) macy's is a long standing company. 2) "thank you for shopping with us!" 3) telling them that we have a lot of sales and coupons!

Interview Questions
    • The questions are really basic. They often ask you the same questions over again but in a different way.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's in December 2014.

I applied online and the next day I received an email for an interview. I made an appointment for an interview for the following day and the earliest they had. I arrived 15 minutes early and dressed as the Macy's dress code to show I was determined to get this job. I arrived in the office and this lady asked "Can I help you?" I replied "Yes ma'am I am here for an interview." She asked for my name and had my paper profile in her hand. She was walking up and down in that office and gave it to the store manager and, he was walking up and down in the office for about a good 20 minutes. He finally apologize saying he was trying to find someone to interview me. He ended up interviewing me the whole time. He asked "Why Macys?" than started to read questions from the paper. He stuttered way to much while reading the interview questions to me, he kept shaking and I kept getting interrupted. His phone kept ringing and other employers kept coming in his office. He kept commenting that he liked my answers to his questions. Than at the end of the interview he said he would give this to a section manager or section supervisor and they would look over my notes. He continued to say "I will make sure I would tell them what a good candidate you are. I would have them call you because I don't know what department are available." The next morning I received and email and it said there is no positions available for me at the moment.

Interview Questions
    • -Why Macys?
      -Do I like to voice my opinion? Benefits? Disadvantages?
      -Describe a time I saw someone do something wrong?
      -Describe a time I sold something?
      -What would I say to a customer to make them feel better shopping her again?
      -Describe a time I helped someone with a difficult situation.
      The questions above were the only questions I remember. Overall It wasn't difficult just a lot of describing.

View Answer

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

3 weeks maybe a little more..online app...in person interview..hired on the spot pretty straight forward..you don't need many skills to get the job...job is best for a high school student or someone who lives at home with their parents