Macy's

Updated 16 Nov 2014

2.5

71 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Applied online. Few weeks later received an email to schedule for an interview. Came to the interview 30 minutes early. Checked in. One-on-one interview. She was really nice. After that interview I was then interviewed ny another lady and im guessing that was a department manager that I was going to be with if i was hired. She was sweet to. It was nerve wrecking but got over it

Interview Questions
    • How would you up sale a customer if she was only buying jeans?   View Answer

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's in November 2014.

A few days after applying I recieved an email to schedule an in store interview. During the interview you go to the HR department and call for the manager.
    We met and went through routine questions "tell me a time when you had to sell to a stranger" after answering the questions I recieved an offer of employment.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell a product to a complete stranger?   View Answer
    They told me the base pay and the percentage of comission. It was satisfactory so I agreed. Set up my schedule for the following week.

Seasonal Administrative Support Team (AST) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

I applied online and received an email notification about an in-person interview a few days after. I scheduled an appointment through an online system. The interview was a bit late because the supervisor for AST had a lot of interviews that day.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Macys?
      Tell me about yourself.
      What was the most difficult customer experience?
      Describe a time when you had to work as a team.
      Describe a time you went through the most change.

Answer Question

Loss Prevention Detective Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

1 phone interview and 2 in person interview. Met with other detectives to see if we get along, then contingent job offer, background check, no drug test then job offer

No negotiations

Executive Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Macy's.

After the resume drop, a college recruiter will contact you for an in-person interview on campus. You will interview with two people at this time and those two individuals' roles vary. I was interviewed by an HR Manager and a Store Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Case study/ role play of how you would address and coach an associate on one metric on their scorecard. The interviewer will evaluate why you chose this metric to coach to and assess how confident you are when delivering your feedback.   View Answer
    Starting salary is fixed.

Sales Associate Women's Shoes Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's in June 2014.

I applied for the job the night before I got two emails inviting me to come interview with Macy's/Bloomingdales and to schedule an interview. I got there and someone else had my interview time slot as well, which was strange to me. I was mostly prepared for the interview but there were like 3 pages worth of questions and I wasn't prepared for ALL of those...so, the interview ended, she asked my availability, told me about the points system and also that the position for shoes was filled... but asked me if there was anywhere in particular I would prefer to work. I told her I was flexible and could manage working in just about any department I was needed... and after all that, I still didn't get the job. I was informed by e-mail I didn't get it the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you were faced with a difficult question in an unfamiliar subject and what solution did you come up with or something like that.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's.

Mainly asked what my working hours were and if I had any sales experience. Nothing too hard.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when someone you worked with did something you knew was wrong, how you handled it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's in May 2014.

Applied online, two days later interviewed in the WalnutCreek store. It went great- I had a rapport with the lady and she commented on leadership. Then I received an automatic email stating that my salary on my application was inappropriate, though I stated I'd be flexible. Pay hadn't been discussed.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time you had to address a co-worker or friend doing something wrong or against the rules? What did you do?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA (US)

interviewed at Macy's in April 2014.

Applied online and received an email for me to schedule my interview date and time (5.30pm). Went to the Macys office 15 mins early and spoke to some kind of a supervisor , it took us 15 mins to finish the interview and go the offer but when I asked the wage :(.

Interview Questions
    • its just basic, common sense and more on for customer service.   Answer Question

minimum wage..

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's.

Initial phone interview then onsite interview that consisted of 3 rounds. The questions were a combination of job specific and behavior. When I left, 10 minutes later, I got a phone call saying that they would like to extend an offer. Quickest turnaround I've ever experienced.

Interview Questions
    The bonus and benefits are almost non-existent. Negotiate for a higher base to cover these limitations.