Marathon Oil Interview Questions in Dickinson, ND

1 Interview Review

2.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Adv Facilities Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dickinson, ND (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dickinson, ND (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Marathon Oil in August 2011.

Started with a phone interview from a very nice, knowledgable, & persuasive HR Manager (who since left the Company & was replaced by a winch). She talked to me for a good 1/2 hour & informed me that she will be making a decision based off this first phone interview as to whether or not I will receive another phone interview from who would ultimately be my Supervisor. I received another phone interview several days later from my future Supervisor which lasted one full hour, this was a very thorough interview. Approximately 2 weeks later they invited me (flew me) out to ND for an in-person & group panel interview. I felt comfortable, the people were nice, & the interview questions were actually very laid back. The environment was professional & I was excited to work for this Company. I sent them a followup letter stating my desire to work for them 3 business days after this interview. Seven business days later (which felt like an eternity), I recieved a phone call from my Supervisor offering me the position. Upon accepting, I was put through a rigorous background check, physical fitness examination, drug screen, etc. and 4 weeks later I was finally onboarded.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been involved in a situation where a contractor's employee was not adhering to safety procedures & if so, how did you handle this issue/confrontation. What was the end result? Did you ever work with an employee who was difficult to get along with and how did you handle it? They really didn't throw any curve ball/difficult interview questions my way, the questions were fairly basic/standard knowledge type inquiries.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate any terms; however, I believe if you are strongly qualified & have credentials you are in the drivers seat to negotiate because they are paying top dollar for consultants (doing the same work while NOT conforming to Company policies) who are very sub-par in my opinion.

Worked for Marathon Oil? Contribute to the Community!