Marriott

Getting the Interview

17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bangalore

I applied online - interviewed at Marriott in September 2013.

Interview Details Just because of my experience in a 5 star hotel and sound knowledge, i got selected in second round for the post.

Interview Question – My company's revenue figures.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Marriott

Interview Details emailed one week after application. Received a phone call from the company asking questions and invited in for a first interview. Went in and spoke with the manager about previous work experience.

Interview Question – Would you be interested in positions in housekeeping?   Answer Question

Copley, OH (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Marriott in March 2014.

Interview Details Went in for an application. They had it emailed to me and I had to go have it printed and bring it back. Ugh. But fine. I jumped through the loop and I added my resume in instead of completing the application's work history section. I had NO hotel experience just a year or two of retail. I highlighted my customer service skills and my knowledge of basic office equipment and hoped for the best. I got a call for an interview the same day. Interviewer was very nice and relatable. I could see why he was in the hospitality industry. I was asked very few typical interview questions...NONE of them were difficult if you have any home-training. I was asked about my pay expectations, why I wanted to work there, the "tell me about yourself" question, asked what i thought the position would be like, told what it would be like, told about some of the policies, asked if i had any questions, etc. Very basic. Interviewer did most of the talking.

Interview Question – If you are on the phone and have two guests waiting in line to check in and a third guest comes up and says there is a leak in their room. What would you do?   View Answer

Interviewed at Marriott

Interview Details I went in to the hotel at the time and date we arranged via phone call, I sat down with the Assistant Manager and the Front Desk Lead. It wasn't stressful. They asked me questions about my resume and we went over the job description I was applying for. They were very respectful and welcoming.

Interview Question – I can't think of any. They were very orthodox with their questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were understanding of the current job I had at the time and we negotiated my start date and training process.

Front Desk Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Marriott in November 2010.

Interview Details I had 2 interviews. Questions where detailed and numerous. All the people that I met during the interview process where very nice and welcoming.

Interview Question – What was one of my biggest problems with my current management.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Base hourly pay for my job postion

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Marriott in November 2012.

Interview Details At first I was interviewed by telephone and then in two days there was a real interview with Assistant of FO Manager and a girl from HR department. Million of behavior questions for which I was prepared thanks to this site :) The day before I had remembered some proper situations from my previous work experience, so it was not a problem.

Interview Questions

• The question about my usual working day seemed a little bit strange whilst an interview for this position.   Answer Question
  • Why did you choose Marriott, what do you know about the hotel and the company?   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marriott in April 2012.

Interview Details Walked into a local Marriott and lo and behold the GM was at Front Desk. He gave me app and we conversed briefly. Returned app. Made follow-up call. GM called a week or 2 later and asked me to come fill out tax paperwork. There the GM got more in-depth with our conversation (interview) but it was pleasant and informative for us both for sure.

Interview Question – Interview was very conversational. Felt like I was talking to a friend but I know he was scoping and analyzing my responses. Nothing difficult asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Was told what I'd make and when and how I can increase it.

Bettendorf, IA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marriott in March 2012.

Interview Details I filled out an application online. It took them a couple of weeks to contact me by phone to schedule an interview. I was interviewed by the manager of the hotel. The whole interview lasted maybe 10-15 minutes. She told me the lady who was over the bistro cafe would give me a call for another interview. She never called, but I got offered another job so I didn't follow up.

Interview Question – How do you handle difficult customers?   Answer Question

Charleston, WV (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Marriott in April 2012.

Interview Details Interview was easy. Be very professional and explain why you are the one for the job. Explain your people qualities. They want to know your strengths and they will ask you what you would do in certain situations and things you've had to deal with in the past.

Interview Question – What have you done to go above and beyond to satisfy a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They told me what I'd make. Take it or leave it.

Front Desk Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Marriott in February 2012.

Interview Details A friend of mine had mentioned that they were looking for someone and said that I should come to the hotel to fill out an application that next week. I obliged and showed up as early in the morning as I could in business attire. Little did I know, the GM was there as well. She had a little 1:1 with me after I finished my application to inform me that they were about to renovate soon and the responsibilities that came with that. She also told me a little bit about what they were expecting of me as a front desk associate: professionalism (first impressions really do matter), a good memory, experience working with people as well as a clerical background. With that, she sent me on my way with a promise that she would review my application again and call me. A few weeks later, my friend told me I had to complete a drug test and background check. A week after that, I was training under him!

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I actually wasn't given an exact hourly wage because I didn't have an "official" interview. It was more of a chat to discuss things that pertain to the job. Not too many questions. Didn't find out what the rate was until I got my first paycheck!!

Interviews for Top Jobs at Marriott

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marriott Front Desk Associate interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by Marriott employees and interview candidates.