Marriott

2.2

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied online – interviewed at Marriott in September 2013.

Just because of my experience in a 5 star hotel and sound knowledge, i got selected in second round for the post.

Other Interview Reviews for Marriott

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Marriott.

Simple, be honest and customer service oriented. Make sure your dressed properly. Conservative makeup and review of any information they asked. Be prepared to wait, as Hotel business never ends. Make eye contact and shake your interviewers hand.

Interview Questions
    • Whats a situation you recently been in customer service wise?   View Answer

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Marriott.

I was requested to interview for the Boulder Courtyard last week. The hotel, upon entering, was welcoming but did not have a traditional front desk and made me apprehensive about where to go.

The staff seemed friendly, it took approximately fifteen minutes for my interviewer to finally see me, and the staff griped about a certain component of the job.

As it turns out this hotel asks that the front desk agents also train in the bistro.

Interview Questions

I was not interested in cross-training for the bistro, as would be required for the position. Also, the position salary started lower than my current income.

Front Desk Associate Interview

emailed one week after application. Received a phone call from the company asking questions and invited in for a first interview. Went in and spoke with the manager about previous work experience.

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copley, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copley, OH (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Marriott in March 2014.

Went in for an application. They had it emailed to me and I had to go have it printed and bring it back. Ugh. But fine. I jumped through the loop and I added my resume in instead of completing the application's work history section. I had NO hotel experience just a year or two of retail. I highlighted my customer service skills and my knowledge of basic office equipment and hoped for the best. I got a call for an interview the same day. Interviewer was very nice and relatable. I could see why he was in the hospitality industry. I was asked very few typical interview questions...NONE of them were difficult if you have any home-training. I was asked about my pay expectations, why I wanted to work there, the "tell me about yourself" question, asked what i thought the position would be like, told what it would be like, told about some of the policies, asked if i had any questions, etc. Very basic. Interviewer did most of the talking.

Interview Questions
    • If you are on the phone and have two guests waiting in line to check in and a third guest comes up and says there is a leak in their room. What would you do?   View Answer

Front Desk Associate Interview

I went in to the hotel at the time and date we arranged via phone call, I sat down with the Assistant Manager and the Front Desk Lead. It wasn't stressful. They asked me questions about my resume and we went over the job description I was applying for. They were very respectful and welcoming.

Interview Questions
    • I can't think of any. They were very orthodox with their questions.   Answer Question
    They were understanding of the current job I had at the time and we negotiated my start date and training process.

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Marriott in March 2014.

Online aptitude test with practical questions(What would do if a guest was irritated with a heavy blanket...?) prior to interview — all Qs are objective // 30 min interview with HR manager + 30 min interview with manager of room operation // Qs were as below: How do you manage your time / Why are you trying to change your job / How do like hospitality industry, ....

Interview Questions
    No negotiate at all. I had to follow their policy

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marriott in November 2012.

I applied in the hotel. Their ops manager called twenty minutes after I left and asked me to come in for an interview an hour later. I interviewed one on one with her for only 5 minutes before she hired me?

Interview Questions
    No, they offered me ten dollars an hour and I accepted

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Marriott in November 2012.

At first I was interviewed by telephone and then in two days there was a real interview with Assistant of FO Manager and a girl from HR department. Million of behavior questions for which I was prepared thanks to this site :) The day before I had remembered some proper situations from my previous work experience, so it was not a problem.

Interview Questions
    • The question about my usual working day seemed a little bit strange whilst an interview for this position.   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose Marriott, what do you know about the hotel and the company?   Answer Question

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marriott in April 2012.

Walked into a local Marriott and lo and behold the GM was at Front Desk. He gave me app and we conversed briefly. Returned app. Made follow-up call. GM called a week or 2 later and asked me to come fill out tax paperwork. There the GM got more in-depth with our conversation (interview) but it was pleasant and informative for us both for sure.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was very conversational. Felt like I was talking to a friend but I know he was scoping and analyzing my responses. Nothing difficult asked.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. Was told what I'd make and when and how I can increase it.