Marriott Vacation Club

Updated 12 Oct 2014
Updated 12 Oct 2014

2.8

Marketing Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club.

One phone interview and one interview in person. Orientation day was very good. Hearing back from the hiring manager took about two weeks. Overall it was a very nice experience.

At Your Service Agent Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club.

My roommate worked there, and after I'd been laid off from my job she told me to apply. I filled out the app online and received a call the next day. I interviewed with the Assistant Front Office manager, who asked me all the typical "why do you want to work here?" "how have you dealt with difficult customers?" questions, and the Front Office Manager happened to be in his office, so I met with him immediately after. His questions were more personality based to see if I had the temperament to work there and was offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation phase. The starting pay at that time was $10 an hour.

Front Desk Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park City, UT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park City, UT (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club.

Position was posted on school e-recruting website. Besides submitting a resume online, it is also required that applicants apply online at marriott.com/careers. Applicants will be contacted via email for an interview time. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. Bring multiple copies of resume as there were three individuals in my interview.

Interview Questions
    • All questions in the interview follow the STAR (situation, task, action, result) interview guide. Questions following this model included: tell us a time you were in a leadership position, faced a problem, and how did you resolve that problem?   Answer Question
    Wages are not negotiable.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club.

lengthy phone screening, in-person interview with hiring manager and select ppl from the team. Was hired after 3 interactions.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever woken up in the middle of the night and thought about an answer to a problem you were facing? Tell me about it.   Answer Question
    entry level job, not much negotiating room

Guest Services/Front Desk Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club.

Group setting interview. Was nervous at first, but they all made me feel very comfortable. To be quite honest, I still can't fathom how kind they were. Through them, it shows me that Marriot does highly care about their employees, because it shows in their positive attitudes.

Interview Questions
    • Have you had to deal with a disgruntled employee, boss. Or if you hadn't, what would you do in that situation. That was hard to answer because I had worked in a very horrible work environment before and didn't want to lie and say "everything has always been fine and dandy".   View Answer

Activities Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Desert, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Desert, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in February 2014.

My school had a career fair and allowed for the recruiters to meet potential interns. If the recruiter felt that you were a possible hire they were ready to set up a full interview the next day on the college campus. I met with the recruiter in the career center the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a difficult situation you were in and how did you over come it?``   Answer Question

Concierge Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club.

Process was very easy--communicated via phone to set up a date, arrived and spoke with interviewer immediately. Interviewer was very nice, not very intimidating. She asked her own questions first, before asking a selection of corporate appointed questions. These questions were standard interview questions: describe a time of you found difficult to work with others, a time of weakness/struggle, most challenging thing you've had to overcome, etc. Interview went well so I immediately had a second interview with another department head, which was more of a formality (just went over my resume and asked some basic questions about my experience). Lasted about an hour total.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had difficulty working with someone.   View Answer
    I received a call the following week offering me the job. Then went for drug testings and after their received the results, they sent me an email with a link to officially sign and accept their offer of employment. There was no negotiating for this entry-level position.

Vacation Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in January 2014.

Very demanding pre-interview on-line or in person assestment test. Takes about forty-vive minutes to complete. Ask questions inquiring your personal attitudes and habits on particular work situations, past actions, and future attitudes and actions in a particular working situation or overall attitude. If sales, trying to attempt your aggresive or lack if aggresiveness in being active or ambivalent in a sales presentation and closing attempt.

Interview Questions
    • Whwt motivates you the most in a sales work position?   View Answer
    Not much negotiating, just accept.

Intern Interview

I went through 3 phone interviews and each person I talked to was so nice and friendly. It was a very comfortable interview and they really seemed interested in what you had to say about your past experiences and passions.

Interview Questions
    • Think of a time when you came across a problem in the workplace and how you went about handling and overcoming it.   Answer Question

Vacation Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in October 2013.

Online application and personality test. One interview, hired on spot. Simple. Read a script on phone to mgr. then face to face. General questions on background and how I would handle or have handled situations in the past.

Interview Questions
    • Tell of a situation in the past where you went "over and above" to please the customer.   View Answer
    No negotiation, simple entry level sales job.