Marriott Vacation Club

Relevance Date Difficulty

Vacation Planner Interview

Vacation Planner
Orlando, FL (US)

I applied through another source and the process took a day - interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in January 2014.

Interview Details Very demanding pre-interview on-line or in person assestment test. Takes about forty-vive minutes to complete. Ask questions inquiring your personal attitudes and habits on particular work situations, past actions, and future attitudes and actions in a particular working situation or overall attitude. If sales, trying to attempt your aggresive or lack if aggresiveness in being active or ambivalent in a sales presentation and closing attempt.

Interview Question – Whwt motivates you the most in a sales work position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiating, just accept.

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive
Saint Thomas, VI (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in January 2010.

Interview Details You answer an add for the position by calling the HR department. Go through a basic interview too see if you can be passed on to the next step. You have to take a sales aptitude test on-line now as the second step of the process. Then depending how you scored (no one ever See's this number..... EVER? So don't ask, it's private? Then you go in for a panel interview with sales management too see if you pass this hurdle? If they are interested you will get a phone call with offering the job and where to report for orientation.

Interview Question – How important are vacations to you and your family?   View Answer

Vacation Planning Counselor Interview

Vacation Planning Counselor
Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in January 2010.

Interview Details STAR interview - situation task action result. Be detailed on specific situations, focus on positive customer service situations. Tell them how you helped the customer. First you get to apply online and take a ridiculous personality test that will probably keep you from even getting a call. Answer these questions with mostly 1's and 5's, don't put more than $15 per hour as your desired wage. Also don't put school schedule desired. If you get a call you'll get a short pre interview from hr, then a long difficult one from a manager.

Interview Question – Tell me about a difficult situation or person you've dealt with?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Front Desk Intern Interview

Front Desk Intern
Park City, UT (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club.

Interview Details Position was posted on school e-recruting website. Besides submitting a resume online, it is also required that applicants apply online at marriott.com/careers. Applicants will be contacted via email for an interview time. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. Bring multiple copies of resume as there were three individuals in my interview.

Interview Question – All questions in the interview follow the STAR (situation, task, action, result) interview guide. Questions following this model included: tell us a time you were in a leadership position, faced a problem, and how did you resolve that problem?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Wages are not negotiable.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club.

Interview Details lengthy phone screening, in-person interview with hiring manager and select ppl from the team. Was hired after 3 interactions.

Interview Question – Have you ever woken up in the middle of the night and thought about an answer to a problem you were facing? Tell me about it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – entry level job, not much negotiating room

Vacation Planner Interview

Vacation Planner
Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in October 2013.

Interview Details Online application and personality test. One interview, hired on spot. Simple. Read a script on phone to mgr. then face to face. General questions on background and how I would handle or have handled situations in the past.

Interview Question – Tell of a situation in the past where you went "over and above" to please the customer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, simple entry level sales job.

Activities Intern Interview

Activities Intern
Palm Desert, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in February 2014.

Interview Details My school had a career fair and allowed for the recruiters to meet potential interns. If the recruiter felt that you were a possible hire they were ready to set up a full interview the next day on the college campus. I met with the recruiter in the career center the next day.

Interview Question – Please describe a difficult situation you were in and how did you over come it?``   Answer Question

Tax Accountant Interview

Tax Accountant
Lakeland, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in July 2012.

Interview Details I received a phone from an HR recruiter to set up a time for a phone interview. You will have the phone interview with the same recruiter. You will go through some of the questions from the actual interview. If considered, the recruiter will e-mail a time for a face to face interview with the hiring manager. Typically with MVW, at least in my experience, they do a panel-style interview where you interview with 2 or more managers. Marriott uses the STAR interview format.

Interview Question – They will ask you situational type questions. For example, they may ask you to tell them about a time where you had a difficult situation with another co-worker and how did you dealt with it. Be sure to give them a "specific" situation, not just a broad response. They will ask you to go into detail if necessary.   Answer Question

Guest Services/Front Desk Interview

Guest Services/Front Desk

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club.

Interview Details Group setting interview. Was nervous at first, but they all made me feel very comfortable. To be quite honest, I still can't fathom how kind they were. Through them, it shows me that Marriot does highly care about their employees, because it shows in their positive attitudes.

Interview Question – Have you had to deal with a disgruntled employee, boss. Or if you hadn't, what would you do in that situation. That was hard to answer because I had worked in a very horrible work environment before and didn't want to lie and say "everything has always been fine and dandy".   View Answer

Concierge Interview

Concierge

I applied online and interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club.

Interview Details Process was very easy--communicated via phone to set up a date, arrived and spoke with interviewer immediately. Interviewer was very nice, not very intimidating. She asked her own questions first, before asking a selection of corporate appointed questions. These questions were standard interview questions: describe a time of you found difficult to work with others, a time of weakness/struggle, most challenging thing you've had to overcome, etc. Interview went well so I immediately had a second interview with another department head, which was more of a formality (just went over my resume and asked some basic questions about my experience). Lasted about an hour total.

Interview Question – Describe a time you had difficulty working with someone.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I received a call the following week offering me the job. Then went for drug testings and after their received the results, they sent me an email with a link to officially sign and accept their offer of employment. There was no negotiating for this entry-level position.

Worked for Marriott Vacation Club? Contribute to the Community!