Marsh & McLennan Companies

2.7

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in November 2011.

Very transparent and open in providing all the information. Showed clear career path and answered in detail about the role of new joiners. Interview was formal and detailed, they were eager to listen and question were based from your answers. Overall very enriching experience but require lot of patience to survive those long interviews.

Participant Service Representative Interview

I was hired through a temp agency. I met with two interviewers for about 15 minutes and was asked some standard questions about my goals and worth ethic. I was called the same day for a job offer.

Benefit Administrator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

Standard questions, not really though provoking. Why are you leaving your current position? What do you like in a manager? What are your strengths and weaknesses?

There wasn't one

Tax Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in July 2014.

Invited me out to the hoboken office which was pretty cool coming from north jersey. Initially was contacted on the phone from their outside HR department which threw me off a little. Interviewed with a manager and another manager both seemed rushed and unhappy to be there due to the busy season.

Interview Questions
    • Difficult tax questions about all kinds of different forms and given my experience I did not know much.   Answer Question

Senior Client Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

The hiring process can be lengthy but well worth it. I has 3 interviews, one by phone, the second one on one with the department manager and the last was with the department. I have to admit the interview with the department was very insightful as I was able to see the strong bond and relationships between the colleagues

Interview Questions
    • The unexpected questions were why I was leaving a particular company who was very popular for turnover and what my commitment was to the company I was currently interviewing with.   Answer Question
    The company worked with me met many of my requests. They were fair. Officer titles were kept, and salary negotiations went smoothly.

Processing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

I applied to this position internally. From the time that I applied on their official website to the my interview was almost three months. After the interview, it was another month before they let me know that I had the position. If you are applying externally, the length of time will be about the same; however, you will also have to undergo a very basic background check.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you qualified for this position.   View Answer
    No negotiation, they offer you the position at a certain pay; take it or leave it.

Producer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

Very informal interview which puts you at ease, but be careful as it's still an interview! They schedule multiple interviews, the process takes months. You'll meet with at least 3-4 people if they decide you pass the "test'.

Interview Questions
    • They ask a lot of questions about everything, and expect a lot of questions in return.   Answer Question

Insurance Specialist - Metro Casualty Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in March 2014.

3 wks. after applying via LinkedIn, received an afternoon e-mail scheduling a next morning phone screening interview. Face-to=face interviews were to begin the following week. Position was in NY, but interviewer was in Kentucky. Standard screening questions including "what kind of salary do you need?" The interviewer said that Marsh never includes salaries in job postings. She also made a remark about the cost of living in NYC, which led me to believe that the $50k-60k salary range that I suggested was too high. In addition, she mentioned, in response to my question, that they had a very large number or candidates. This gave me the impression that were in a position to be extremely selective.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like least about the insurance industry?   Answer Question
    • If I were to ask your former employer to describe an area where you need to improve, what would he or she say?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose to apply for a position at Marsh, as opposed to other brokerages?   Answer Question
    • Do you consider yourself someone who likes to work independently or a team player? and why?   Answer Question
    • Rate your proficiency in Microsoft Excel from 1-10. How have you used Excel in the past year? What did you do? Rate your proficiency in .... interviewer went through every item listed under computer skills on my resume.   Answer Question

Summer TRAC Interview

Invited at career fair. I felt pretty good about the first round interview but wan't able to get into onsite.

Interview Questions
    • What if you have a really demanding person on your team?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Applied through search firm who provide salary and benefits... never got to interview stage

Interview Questions
    • Why did you leave Marsh (I was rif'ed previously... I was told not for performance reasons)   Answer Question