Mary Kay Interview Questions

Updated 20 Apr 2015

1.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Mary Kay (Dallas, TX (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I had applied online through their job portal and received a call for an interview on site with the hiring manager. The interview was really pleasant with the manager explaining the intern position and asking me about my experience so far. The manager was really helpful with any questions I had and made sure I was comfortable. Overall, it was a very nice experience.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Mary Kay (Addison, TX (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The lady was extremely nice and made me believe that she wanted me to succeed. I don't typically like phone interviews because you can't relate to the interviewer, but the lady that interviewed me was really personable.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had with communication audits and how would you go about them within our company.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

Telephone Screen then onsite face to face. Met with hiring manager at MK and discussed role and working environment. Be sure to understand the MK history and senior leadership. MK Corporate is a Business Dress environment - work spaces look adequate and location is close to many stores/restaurants. Easy commute via DNT.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked questions about most difficult project and what I did to overcome difficulty. Most of the questions were the usual PM questions.   Answer Question

Independent Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

One on one with another independent sales peeson. Tells you the company and how to maximize your earning. You control your time money and amiuntnof. Customers . Give it a try greAt company miney And empowering

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

I secured my interview through an outside recruiting agency and was told where to go, which HR rep to ask for upon arrival, and how long the process should take (they wanted it on a day when I already had a doctor appointment scheduled so I needed to be done by a certain time). When I arrived, I went to the "Human Resources Lobby" which was completely abandoned. I went to the main front desk and asked Security to let the HR rep know I was there. She never arrived. About 10 minutes after my interview was scheduled to begin, the actual managers came in to interview me. The interview itself lasted for the time I was told to expect, but then I was required to take multiple skills tests that I was not told about. The HR rep finally made an appearance to set these up for me, then quickly left me alone again without any means of contacting her should I have any problems. Which I did. The computer froze when I was about halfway into the first test (over an hour after I was scheduled to leave forcing me to cancel my doctor appointment at the last minute). I ended up having to finish the skills tests at home over the weekend and miss more work to make up the doctor appointment I had missed. The whole thing was ridiculous and thinking back on it, I'm questioning why I took the job.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions but I was required to take time-consuming, intensive skills tests that I was not expecting, causing me to miss additional work/personal commitments. These should have been mentioned when I asked about the length of time needed for the interview so that I could plan accordingly.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

The interview was great. Some tough questions, but I was able to answer them all. I was connected to this job through a hiring agency. I met with the Corporate International Marketing Director, which was who I would have worked for. They offered me the position, then I found out I have a family member who works for Mary Kay- So I was unable to take the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be able to take on a global position?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

They ran around scattered. There was a man in the department who sadly seemed to be the only person who knew what was going on, and the women were bombarding him with questions about what to do with me. I was embarrassed for him.

Interview Questions

• The person I met with professed she didn't have a lot of interviewing experience and wasn't sure why her director wanted her to speak with me.   Answer Question

Lacked professionalism. I saw no growth. Stated 3 HR ppl had already left this year. Not a good sign.

Independent Beauty Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

You are recruited without any qualifications or screenings. Mary Kay builds their business by recruiting more sales consultants. If you attend a party or facial with a consultant expect to be tempted into becoming a consultant yourself. The interview is more about getting to know you and showing you how Mary Kay can positively impact your life.

Negotiation

No negotiation, just purchase your starter kit and you are ready to go.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mary Kay in April 2014.

Interview

They gave me a phone call interview. But it took almost 1 month waiting for the result although I emailed to check for several times. The interview process was quite good. However they didn't accept me.

Interview Questions

• How do you utilize your leadership skill and give us an example?   Answer Question

Intern Logistics Interview

Interview

On-site interview