MassMutual Financial Service Professional Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.6

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Services Professional Interview

I applied online - interviewed at MassMutual in May 2014.

Applied online and was contacted within 2 weeks. I came in for a face to face interview and it was more of me interviewing the employer. I came in again for a second interview and it was basically like I already had the job we just reviewed how commission would go.

No negotiation. 100% commission

Other Interview Reviews for MassMutual

Financial Services Professional Interview

2 interviews; office manager found my resume on indeed.com and was interested in me. Round were in-person and easy. Just be yourself and be confident. You do not need to have any experience, just the willingness to learn and grow.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had to persuade someone and how did you make them see your point of view?   Answer Question

Recent college graduate that had multiple interviews for other companies at the same time. Also, this job is solely commission.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual.

Initially I was contacted via LinkedIn. From there I went into the office for a face to face interview with a sales manager. After that there was a second interview where i met with other administrative staffers to assess my personality/suitability. The final interview was with the Agency President. During this meeting I presented a marketing plan as well as a vision statement.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult aspect was constructing a marketing strategy.   Answer Question

Financial Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Wayne, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at MassMutual.

Very easy!

Interview Questions
    Everyone starts out with the same commissions.

Financial Services Professional Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual.

Apply. Interview. get a yes or no. Simple

Financial Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at MassMutual.

Applied online, Was asked to attend WebEx, called into office for a first round interview, then asked for a second round interview

Interview Questions
    • First interview round is mainly to get to know the candidate better on a more personal and career goals setting   Answer Question

Financial Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hunt Valley, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hunt Valley, MD (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in May 2009.

First interview will be with a sales manager. They will review the sales process and the products that you will be able to sell. This can last about 30min to an hour. You will be questioned as to your self motivational skills and internal need to succeed. You will need to exhibit a competitive nature and provide examples. You will have at least one more interview with the sales manager and the general agent after the initial. At this time, the compesation schedule and bonus structure will be reviewed. Typically the interviews end with a decision on your part. They will ask you if you want the job. This is a sales position and if you are willing to put forth the effort, there is minimal chance that you will not be hired. There is no base salary, so from a management standpoint....they have nothing to lose in giving you a shot. I met many hires from numerous educational and professional backgrounds. So industry experience is not necessarily required.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to make cold calls? No questions were particularly difficult or tricky as far as provoking thought. Just simply are you willing to do what is required. I was unsure if I was willing to cold call. That is why it was a difficult question for me.   View Answer
    There is no base salary option. So you are offered a few incentive based commission schedules. I chose the one with the highest potential payout.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nå (Norway)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nå (Norway)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in September 2012.

4 interviews. All easy and pretty standard. It seems like they don't hire you until you ask to be hired or ask what the next steps are to starting at the company.

Interview Questions
    • Took a survey online that statistically guessed that I would not be very successful that the position. As a matter of fact it was correct, I was not very successful at the time because I was uncomfortable on the phone   View Answer
    Here's what you are going to get paid if each type of insurance sale: $X, $Y, $Z. If you do joint work you get 1/2. You get this amount for residuals per year $xx.xx

Financial Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newport Beach, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in November 2012.

Seemed very different from others. Only 3 interviews all less than 30 minutes of the company promoting themselves. No phone interview, no IQ test, only personality test and background check.

Seems like a great company but I received an offer from my dream job.

Financial Services Professional Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in July 2011.

Before you can sell they want to first make sure you have your Life and Health Insurance License. And even after that you have two sit for about 2 weeks for training to make sure you say exactly, word for word, their sales language when you are infront of someone.

Interview Questions
    • You have to compile a list of 200 people that you will call on for your first sales.   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable financing.

Worked for MassMutual? Contribute to the Community!