MassMutual Interview Questions

Updated 9 Apr 2015

2.5

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

Interview

Normal interview questions about why you think you will succeed as a rep. Have to consent to a background check and credit check before being hired.

First exposure was a group setting in which the agency recruiter gave a presentation. From there, I had a one on one interview a week later. I then met the sales manager for an interview and was then offered a position.

Negotiation

No negotiation - 100% commission job

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA (US)).

Interview

Found the job through a recruiting agency that presented me to Mass Mutual. This was a contract to perm offer. I had a sequence of two phone interviews that asked about my technical background and experience. They appeared mostly interested in my application experience and less so about my technical background. They hired me over the phone at the end of the second phone call, which was a pleasant surprise.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I had experience with hierarchical sales structures. Coincidentally, I had a few experiences with similar agent marketing structures. That might have been what landed the job. There were zero technical questions by the agency or Mass Mutual. This might depend on the department you apply with and their perception of your experience.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Interview

Interview process was broke into two parts . Two face to face interviews, followed by personality tests. Once the tests were taken a Sales Manager contacted myself to discuss this test.

Interview Questions

• Most Difficult part of the interview was filling an excel sheet with 200 people. This would be your market you would contact the first few weeks working for MassMutual   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Applied through my school's career website. Contacted by recruiter about a week later. Setup an initial interview. I was then moved on to 2 more interviews and was offered the internship. Came in and signed the intern contract. Questions were nothing unexpected. A few situational interviews and asked about my background. I took the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you overcame a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy because it is a commission based job. The most interactive part of the interview was when manager asked me to fill out 10 questionnaires by asking people what they think about the financial service industry. I found out that these 10 people I asked to fill out the questionnaires would be my potential clients.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I would have difficulty selling my family life insurance.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Not like the typical interview. the manager was mostly chatting with candidates.He called me for an interview after I submit my application online and get a second interview right in the middle of the first one.

Interview Questions

• What business would you like to do if you don't have to worry about the money?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Met with 4 different interviewers for a half hour each, no time in between interviews. Low pressure, interviewers were not out to get you. Each had a specified set of questions to ask, mainly about how you would handle a certain problem or situation. They were eager to answer questions and turn it more into a conversation than in interview. Heard back the next morning, was asked about my availability and salary requirements, and then received an offer later the same day.

Interview Questions

• How would you motivate an employee who did not share your goals or the goals of a project?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual (Tampa, FL (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through campus, Basic questions regarding education. They wanted to see what kind of person you were, and if you could sell their products with confidence. Overall easy interview. More Sales, than i had expected, which is why I declined the offer. Large Fortune100 company though with a great reputation.

Actuarial Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at MassMutual in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewer was a person who had previously gone through the same actuarial student process. Started off with standard questions about resume, then moved on to behavioral questions and finally on to some technical questions. The setting was fairly informal and friendly. Unfortunately they take a very long time to get back in touch, over 3 weeks before I heard either way

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you resolved a disagreement in a group situation.   Answer Question

Associate Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

It was a two-on-one interview. Brought resumes to the interview. One of the branch managers glanced over it and began with a scripted line of questions, followed by a small presentation of company stats. Obvious from the get-go that this was going to be a sales position. Huge emphasis on pushing insurance rather than security-related products. The direction is very much self-dependent on generating your own book of business outside of "their training" which mainly consists of Sandler.com stuff as well as some Brian Morgan sales literature. From the looks of it they are mainly reaching out to a clientele that is more middle-income. Interview was followed up by a psych test which tried to goad if you knew a lot of people. The process was smooth, timely, great office, just very sales intensive.

Interview Questions

• List 4 things that you want from a job?   1 Answer

No salary.