MassMutual Interview Questions

Updated 29 Sep 2014
Updated 29 Sep 2014

2.5

Financial Services Professional Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual in January 2014.

I applied via campus recruiting at my school and got an interview after a quick phone screen. Then I had to simply go in and interview. The interviewer was very nice to me. With the nature of the internship being social, the interview reflected that--very conversational. All the questions were standard internship questions. Nothing too crazy. Make sure that you are good at holding a conversation and you should be fine.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any particularly difficult questions. Typical Strength, weakness question was present. Describe a time you had to multi-task was also one.   Answer Question

Senior Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

Phone call from their recruiter, phone interview, and then a 1/2 day interview with about 6-7 people. This was a pretty sad group overall. After going into Springfield I realized I would never want to work there.

Interview Questions
    • I think when I had a panel interview with the individuals who would actually be my coworkers I realized this would not be a good fit. They would ask basic questions, not even a hint of challenge.   Answer Question

Producer Interview

3 interviews. One with recruiter, one with partner, one with general agent.

Sales Support Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

Since I was an internal higher, it was very easy to schedule with the interview sales manager and Senior Internal Wholesaler. The interview, a.k.a meeting was suppose to be for 45 minutes and we ended up chatting for an hour and a half. Both were very promising and assured tons of room for career advancement.

Interview Questions
    • "If you were a truck driver, what would you be carrying?"
      "Which Hollywood actor best resembles you?"
        Answer Question
    Negotiate and never settle for the first offer! I was able to get more then they offered but not where I wanted to be.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at MassMutual in October 2013.

Very lax hiring process, met with one manager who was very friendly there were no behavioral baed questions more of just a conversation getting to know me.

Interview Questions

Decided not interested in selling insurance

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MassMutual in October 2013.

The interview was very relaxed, not many questions. It was mainly asking if you wanted to do it. Commission based pay. Let me repeat Commission based pay. They seem like they will hire anybody.

Pay can be good if you can sell a lot of plans.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were simple. Just a personality test- can you sell something?   View Answer

Other offers on the table that were more appealing came up.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at MassMutual.

I applied for this offer and got a call early the next morning by a recruiter. We set an appointment for an interview 2 days from then. I got a confirmation email and was told as I expected that the dress was business professional and to bring a copy of my resume. I was asked expected questions: who am I, what do I do with my time, explain how you have been successful at customer service, tell about your best accomplishment, etc. I was told that this was just a recruiter meeting and they will have to meet with the hiring manager before going further. I would be hearing back within 2 days. Midday on day 2 I got a call saying that the managers wanted to invite me to the next step which involves a seminar with a group to explain products, compensation, personal stories etc. I have prior engagements that I can't reschedule, and was informed that they don't know when the next opportunity to have the seminar will be.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at MassMutual.

Applied online, Was asked to attend WebEx, called into office for a first round interview, then asked for a second round interview

Interview Questions
    • First interview round is mainly to get to know the candidate better on a more personal and career goals setting   Answer Question

Director IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

The interview process was very good. I met with 5 interviewers.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MassMutual in August 2013.

Set up with the office administrator. I had two interviews with one of the two sales managers in the office. The first was a basic interview with generic questions, the second was more oriented towards explaining how the company works and giving me a tour of the office. The pay structure was also explained at the second interview, although it sounded much better than it is in reality.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no difficult questions. The standard questions from any interview were there, such as "where do you see yourself in five years?", etc. In addition, I was given the link to a survey to take that ranks my potential sales ability on a scale of 1-5, with 5 showing great potential as a salesman and 1 implying that maybe you should look for another job. Although the manager said they don't choose to hire or not solely based on that survey, it apparently is given some weight.   Answer Question