MassMutual

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Services Professional Interview

Financial Services Professional
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details Applied online, Was asked to attend WebEx, called into office for a first round interview, then asked for a second round interview

Interview Question – First interview round is mainly to get to know the candidate better on a more personal and career goals setting   Answer Question

Director IT Interview

Director IT
Springfield, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details The interview process was very good. I met with 5 interviewers.

Interview Question – How will you implement change   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative
San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at MassMutual in May 2013.

Interview Details First interview was on campus and was only about 15 minutes asking about myself. The next interview was more of an orientation and they gave a 3 hour presentation on what the company was about. It was informative and after there was a 20 minute interview getting to know me.

Interview Question – Pretty basic questions. Such as "why do you want to work for us?"   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
San Jose, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at MassMutual in July 2013.

Interview Details I applied online through indeed.com on Friday and got a phone interview on Monday. We then set up 1 on 1 interview on Wednesday. The interview lasted for about less than 1 hour. It was just me and recruiter in a meeting room having conversation. I was pretty nervous because i don't really have much formal interview experience. The recruiter is cute and respectful.

Interview Questions

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative
Newport Beach, CA (US)

Interview Details 1st interview the managing director sells you the job. makes the job sound really good, doesn't tell you that its a sales job. Then you get a personality test. After that, they make you do a project 200 form in which they ask you to make a "prospect list" of 200 individuals and eventually sell to them yourself. This is what got me thinking about declining. 2nd interview Declined to Pursue. Its a sales job, not question about it. Wasn't willing to sell to friends and family to start out a "client base". Potential payout is very good however, but money wasn't enough to make me pursue. Most insurance jobs are the same. Stay away if you don't like sales, especially selling to friends and family.

Interview Question – Are you willing to market to friends and family?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Project 200 List was a huge nail-biter.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Financial Services Professional
Hunt Valley, MD (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in May 2009.

Interview Details First interview will be with a sales manager. They will review the sales process and the products that you will be able to sell. This can last about 30min to an hour. You will be questioned as to your self motivational skills and internal need to succeed. You will need to exhibit a competitive nature and provide examples. You will have at least one more interview with the sales manager and the general agent after the initial. At this time, the compesation schedule and bonus structure will be reviewed. Typically the interviews end with a decision on your part. They will ask you if you want the job. This is a sales position and if you are willing to put forth the effort, there is minimal chance that you will not be hired. There is no base salary, so from a management standpoint....they have nothing to lose in giving you a shot. I met many hires from numerous educational and professional backgrounds. So industry experience is not necessarily required.

Interview Question – Are you willing to make cold calls? No questions were particularly difficult or tricky as far as provoking thought. Just simply are you willing to do what is required. I was unsure if I was willing to cold call. That is why it was a difficult question for me.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no base salary option. So you are offered a few incentive based commission schedules. I chose the one with the highest potential payout.

Financial Representative Interview

Financial Representative

Interviewed at MassMutual

Interview Details It was the first interview so it mostly consisted of these two males explaining what the company is all about and if they send you a personality test and complete it you will find out that day whether you go to a 2nd rounder.

Interview Question – How would you respond if a potential client says "Why would I choose you to invest my 20,000 when I can get Bob over here who has 8 years of experience and has proven himself in the industry?"   View Answer

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details Very easy and straight forward.

Negotiation Details – Fair but insurance companies and agencies are notorious for low pay.

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Sandy Springs, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in June 2013.

Interview Details The company posted a job opening on an online site and I sent in my resume and received a call the very next day. After talking for about 5 minutes, we setup a face-to-face interview for the following week. I had two in person interviews, and the manager was very friendly and explained how the company worked, what the position looked like, etc.

Interview Question – What are your career goals?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

Interview Details The position has great commission potential. The interviewer was a great employee. He sat down with me twice and explained as much as I wanted to know about the company and the position. The interviewer was greatly interested in expanding the company and bringing in new employees. I ended up not taking the job because the position was all commission based, but it seemed like a well-run company and I have nothing negative to say about the company.

Interview Question – The interview was more of a sit down conversation instead of a full blown question type interview.   Answer Question