MassMutual

Very Easy Interview

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative
San Jose, CA (US)

I applied online and interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details The entire interview was very easy. Basically if you are a likeable person and can pass through all of the behavioral interviews, you'll get it. The clincher is whether or not you have an established "natural" market in the bay area. You will need to bring in a book of about 200 people you can call. You will need their address, phone number, email, salary, life status, etc.... After that, you ask for referrals. Basically it's a ponzi scheme. If you're okay pushing and selling life insurance to your friends and friends' friends, go for it.
The base bay is 18,000 for the first year. After that, its purely commission basis.

Reason for Declining – Didn't feel comfortable bringing a book of information that many spammers would kill for. In addition, you won't learn much for the first year or so. Their training seemed to be all about memorizing a script.

Actuarial Consultant Interview

Actuarial Consultant

Interviewed at MassMutual

Interview Details You interview with about 5-7 people (some of which are also Actuarial Cosultants). You also have a lunch interview which is designed to inform them what you are like under less formal situations.

Interview Question – Sometimes you might be given a case study depending on who is interviewing you.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Financial Analyst Interview

San Jose, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details I was contacted within a day of posting on an internet job board. They were accommodating to my schedule for an interview with a follow up confirmation email. Everyone one was very nice and my interviewer was not intimidating at all. Luckily I did research on the job before going as they were not very informative on the day to day activities.
Pros:
Some sort of training that may be worth it.
A stipend during training that may be decent money, they didn't provide a number
Cons:
 You have to find your own customers through cold calling or friends.
Post training, only commission.

Interview Question – Explain A time when you changed the mind of an authority figure.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I didn't feel I would learn enough or earn enough money to justify such a large time commitment.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details # interviews then offer

Interview Question – Why you want to work here   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was commission only

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative
Newport Beach, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details I had a phone interview with-in a few days of submitting my resume. Simple questions, getting to know you. Then scheduled an in-person interview. Nothing out of the ordinary or unexpected durring the process. Told me I needed to complete a personality test online and if I passed, then I would be called back for a 3rd and 4th interview. I did not pass the personality test. Not sure if I would have accepted the offer, seemed to heavy on commission and sales and how many contacts I have in the area.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected for the in person interview   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Tampa, FL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details 3 very informal interviews; they just wanted to know how well I knew the area and how many names and phone numbers I could potentially add to their prospect list.

Interview Question – What is your opinion of insurance agents?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – 40 hour weeks, unpaid, selling insurance sounded unpleasant.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Springfield, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details The first day is just testing, i did not prepare for this as i thought it was personality tests. A portion was personality but there was also a lot of vocabulary/math questions such as..Bob bought a new computer and has 5 payments in total. If he put x down and has y left, how much does he have left to pay if he made 2 payments? The last portion was mock phone calls, a recording in a headset that is a customer and you have multiple choice answers to pick from. I thought i bombed the math/vocab but the woman at the end told me i passed and i was given an interview for the next day.

This interview was with a recruiter and it was basic questions, if you prepare you should do well. This was about 25 mins long. He told me that i would be contacted within 3 weeks for a final interview if they wanted to meet with me...aprox 2.5 weeks later i did get a phone call for the last interview.

unfortunately i have no further info as i havent done this final interview yet, its this week. I did get a meeting agenda that says i am meeting with at least 3 people. I wish i had more info about this interview myself, which is why i am here. I hope this helps.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – i passed the first interview, i have final this week so i dont know.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Financial Services Professional
Nå (Norway)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in September 2012.

Interview Details 4 interviews. All easy and pretty standard. It seems like they don't hire you until you ask to be hired or ask what the next steps are to starting at the company.

Interview Question – Took a survey online that statistically guessed that I would not be very successful that the position. As a matter of fact it was correct, I was not very successful at the time because I was uncomfortable on the phone   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Here's what you are going to get paid if each type of insurance sale: $X, $Y, $Z. If you do joint work you get 1/2. You get this amount for residuals per year $xx.xx

Actuarial Internship Interview

Springfield, MA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at MassMutual in March 2012.

Interview Details I handed my resume to the recruiter at my college's career fair in the fall. Early spring I received a phone call about their interest and I scheduled an on site interview. I went to their main headquarters in Springfield and it seemed like I was there during a large internship hiring process as there were many other young college kids. I was interviewed by the man I would be working under, which lasted around 30 mins. It was a very formal interview, however after I received a little gift bag and a water as I left which was nice.

Interview Question – What did you struggle most with so far and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The offer came very late after I had interviewed and I received another internship.

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at MassMutual

Interview Details – Came in for a 1:1 interview with recruiter, very friendly, went over resume and asked standard questions. There were two additional online tests sandwiched around the interview, a 45 minute test with some IQ type questions and a second test that simulated the customer service cal center position. Second interview consisted of overview of job with other candidates and then a ~30 min interview with two hiring managers. Mood was professional but relaxed

Interview Question – Nick, what style or method do you manage your personal office surroundings ... Guy was real Neat Freak..   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at MassMutual