Maxim Healthcare Services

Updated 15 Nov 2014

2.5

32 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

They strung me along for months waiting to hear whether I got the position. I went in for an interview they had me come back for a job shadow. Then they were looking at me for another position they thought I would be a better fit and then I did an interview and job shadow. I went in four different times and if anything I was over qualified. They gave the position to a previous employee that apparently came back to work for them. The boss said he would touch base with me week after week and I always had to call him a day after he said he would call me and we would play phone tag for a day or two. I was not impressed at all

Interview Questions
  • They will ask what questions you have for them. They are big on questions because it shows interest. Also do your research before the interview, they will ask what you know about the company.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Maxim Healthcare Services

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in November 2014.

An initial call where the interviewer sets up a phone interview and tells you to study up on company culture & job description. Then passes your information onto a manager who determines whether or not to interview for the next round. After this, there is a sit in and then finally an interview with the vice president in the final round.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions about weaknesses, strengths, and why you want to join this company.   Answer Question

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

Interviewed on campus then at office. had a few hours got to sit in at office see what average day was like. Interview with regional person. Pretty easy.

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected. they like if you are an athlete. want competitive people   Answer Question

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

The hiring and interview process is rather drawn out, I found. I got a call from a recruiter shortly after I submitted an online application. Afterwards, you do an interview with the office manager, a day of office shadowing, and then another interview with a regional manager. Overall the questions weren't terribly difficult - a lot of behavioral questions and backing up your qualifications for the job position.

Interview Questions
    • None were particularly difficult... I would say the toughest was "if you were the manager, why would you, hire you"?   Answer Question

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

3 Step Interview process. First day is a basic interview. The second day is an interview with someone even higher up. The third day is a couple of hours servicing skills. This day is just making phone calls to potential workers to schedule interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Situational Questions like "What has been the toughest moment that you have had to overcome this year?"   Answer Question

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in June 2014.

The interview process was fairly straightforward. I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview, then brought in for 3 more interviews – 2 were with the accounts manager, and the last one was with the Area VP.

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

Simple. They question how you handle stress and how you handle problems. They don't really tell you what's coming at you until you signed. You interview with the DBO then get invited to do a pit sit if you sit well with the office. After the pit sit it is decided if you get an interview with the Area VP. If they say yes then you are good.

Take it or leave it.

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in May 2014.

My hiring and interview process is ridiculously long and drawn out. I began my journey with a phone call from the regional recruiter (I believe). He just gave me a rundown of some of the job responsiblities and duties, as well as company history. This call took about an hour and a half.

The next week I received a call from the local office manager to inform me he would like to schedule me for an interview. I came in later that week for my initial interview, which took about 2-3 hours. The office manager came in and spoke to me about all the info I went over with the regional recruiter. Then he asked me about 3 pages worth of typed questions.

The following week, I came in for what they called a pit sit. Its pretty much just shadowing current employees and seeing their day to day experience. I meet all the employees in the office, they came in to introduce themselves and ask questions. Later I took phone calls as if I was an employee. My first call turned out to be a "prank", it was just an office member pretending to be a nurse looking for work. I handled it well, as anyone who is capable of working there should be able to do. This took about half of a work day.

The next week, the office manager called me up to write him a letter stating why I feel I should get the job. Now Im playing the waiting game. I called back to check on the status of the process and was I told they were still reviewing applicants for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, just the number of questions was overkill. In my opinion..   Answer Question

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in May 2014.

Had an initial phone interview then was asked to come in for an in person interview. Pretty basic, about an hour long with one hiring manager (another guy sat in but didn't say much). Talked about the position and asked basic questions about my background. Got a call to come in for a "half day" where you meet and talk to everyone that works there and learn about all the positions. This was helpful because I got to sit in with just the three current recruiters and ask them anything.

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

Regional and local office managers/Recruiters- clearly don't take the time the bring each other up to date on the progress and conversations had with potential candidates. They tell you the same thing multiple times. I would expect to hear it again when I speak with the office manager.