McAfee Interview Questions

Updated 12 Apr 2015
Updated 12 Apr 2015

3.1

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at McAfee (Bangalore).

Interview

Screening through phone, one to one, manger will take the interview, HR round & Offer, After joining background verification will be done. if there is any problem with the back groung verifiction then candidates will be asked to provide the documents

Interview Questions

• How to follow the process and if there is any divation in the process how and whom to bring notice   Answer Question

Negotiation

Candidates will be offered as per the standards in the industry

Engineering Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at McAfee (Bangalore) in February 2015.

Interview

HR call followed by onsite. First HR called me and she completly forgot to send invite. It seems she remebered after 2 days and sent an invite around 10 pm for the interview scheduled next day early morning. Anyways I reached there and met there with tech lead. Beyond my imagination, mr tech lead was not bothered about on interview ethics. He just gave me two coding issues and got busy on his cell phone gossip. Mr tech lead was more worried for his daily stand up meeting. I felt like leaving the room but somehow could stay there. It was most unproffesional interview i ever faced. I am happy that they did not call me further.

Interview Questions

• Linked list addition and dictionary impl from the scratch   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at McAfee (Bangalore) in February 2015.

Interview

First round telephonic discussion - 1 hour discussion on C/C++ and Linux OS basics
    Second round F2F, there are total three round, two technical round and one Managerial round. After that HR round.
    I got call for telephonic round and they forgot to call me. Then rescheduled and got call. After that for F2F they forgot to send Call Letter, suddenly called ask to come next day.
    After Three around of F2F interview HR came and asked to Fill up form and had HR interview, ask for Salary - Requested to send all documents early. And NOW they forgot to send offer letter

Interview Questions

• Very deep knowledge in C++ required. Tree implementation, BT to BST coding. C algorithms, mergesort coding   1 Answer

Principal Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at McAfee.

Interview

There was a screening telephonic interview, followed by face-to-face. Then a call from US.
    Thereafter again a code test. Then manager round, followed by Director. Then HR. This is for McAfee consumer, interview was fairly simple and everything went well.

Negotiation

I already had an offer so the increased it to next band.

Program Manager Interview

Interview

2 level interviews done. I am still waiting for next levels if they select me from the first two interviews. The interviewers were very good and friendly. The questions were a mix of technical and managerial.

Interview Questions

• Questions were good for the position I interviewed for.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Interview

Difficult and 5 rounds
    Basic concepts
    1. Written Test:- 30 questions from verbal & Non-Verbal reasoning +20 aptitude Questions ,It was the toughest paper,like eltmus questation .
    The written test had 50 questions and were given 1 hour to solve it.
    Today cutoff is 28 questions.
    2.my technical interview was for approx 110 to 120 minutes duration( Blackboard Presentation on code + Questions on computer communication network+memory mangement questaton+questaton from open the file close the file+basic java+3 puzzles questons+alogrithm of data structure)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NO NEGOTIATION

Associate Software Dev Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at McAfee (Gurgaon, Haryana) in August 2014.

Interview

It consisted five rounds :
    Round 1 : Wrirten test on basics of Java, C and Data Structures. It was damn easy. 20 questions in 30 minutes. I guess those could be solved in less than 15 minutes. Questions were based on array declaration, simple questions on stacks, queues, linked lists, BSTs and arrays.

Round 2: Out of 60, 24 were selected this round. It was technical interview. Questions asked were :
    1. Write node structure of linked list in C?
    2. Write a C program to detect loop in a linked list?
    3. Write a program to reverse a linked list? 4. Write a program to reverse a linked list which contains a loop? Header node would be node where loop started.
    I answered them all in one go. Interviewer was happy with my confidence and appraised me.

Round 3 : 12 were selected for this round. Again it was a technical interview. Questions asked were :
    1. You have four identical looking tablets. Two are for cold and two are for fever. You have to take one fever and one cold tablet. Overdose may kill you. All tablets lie in same category container.
    2. How to delete a node in a linked list pointer to which is given?
    3. Swap even and odd bits in a 32 bit integer.
    4. Implement queue using two stacks.
    5. You have 25 horses and 5 lanes. 5 horses can race at a time. Minimum no. of races required to find top three horses.
    6. How will you detect that two numbers on addition will overflow integer range?

Interviewers were a Sardarji and one other friendly guy. They greeted me and motivated me very well.

Round 4 : Only 7 were selected for this round. Again interviewer was friendly and told me various things about McAfee and their Gurgaon Wing.
    1. How would you find median of two sorted arrays and its optimized solution?
    I did that and he said "Cool". Actually, I don't know why they were asking so easy questions.
    Then we had a long discussion on Over flow in adding two numbers and I suggested him a way and persuaded him successfully that my method was best.

Interview Questions

• ROUND 5 : only 3 were selected. Interviewers were very friendly again.
      How will you test your phone?

Answer Question
    • How will you test that a text box accepting only one character between A-Z is working correctly.   Answer Question
    • What exceptions may occur if you want to read a file from disk?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase as I was a fresher. But yes I got location of my choice and Associate SDE and not Associate SDET as profile.

Software QA/Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at McAfee in August 2014.

Interview

I have worst experience with dell (sonic wall ) , while going with interview process they have 1 telephonic round followed by 4 face to face round .
    2. after that torture will start when it come to interview with director(us), i have given interview at 11.30 PM at night in bangalore
    3. the most worst experience when it come to HR round for salary negotiation , as i already mention my excepted CTC before interview and during interview . but after going through all these torture interview process , in HR round hiring manager unable to giving as expected .
    4. I will not recommend people to go through worst interview process and last you will hear for hirinh HR that dell will not be able to give you as expected .

Interview Questions

Offer was not as expected (CTC)

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at McAfee in June 2014.

Interview

interview process was good first was technical round fllowed by interview process. difficult questions
    question were on c/c++, sql .phython. be prepared toughness. mcafee is tough to crack. i think it will be helpful

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at McAfee in April 2014.

Interview

telephonic round was there for the post of software engineer in java technology. it was around 1 hour and 30 minuts long. there was java's technical questions and some data structure's question. basic of java core and link list and queue insersion and deletion. there was 2-3 puzzuls

Interview Questions

• There are three box with apple, orange and apple+orange, all three are identical, one have to know which box have which fruit exactly and one can open one box maximum.   Answer Question