McAfee

Updated 26 Feb 2015

3.1

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McAfee in April 2010.

aptitude and technical test
    testing an application
    3 technical interviews from different teams
    managerial interview
    hr round

Interview Questions
    • completely technical and few on the aptitude side.
      all questions were based on the projects mentioned

Answer Question
    offer upto market standards

Senior Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee in February 2010.

Multiple rounds of phone interviews from Sr. leadership team from India and US followed by a face to face interview by a panel of hiring manager and other sr leadership. Overall interview process was done quickly post this final offer took too long...

Interview Questions
    • Nothing specific. Mostly tried to see the fitment to the specific role.   Answer Question

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at McAfee in February 2010.

asked so many questions covering all the topics . but no process/methodology related questions . good attitude lakes you success ion interview

not negotiated

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McAfee in August 2009.

Phone Interview - Windows Internals, C++
    F2F + Coding Test - Standard Multithreading Problem in C++.
    1:1 With Technical Management Panel - Standard questions.
    Phone Interview - Remote Manager - Design + Process + Architecture.
    Phone HR - Offer

Interview Questions
    Be sure you understand clearly with which group you are working with and understand what they do. Speak with engineers to get a clear understanding.

Associate Software Dev Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McAfee in June 2009.

I was structured interview. Only 1 interview with normal puzzles and Data Structures question

There was no negotiation

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McAfee in September 2008.

I got interview call through employee referral. First round was phone interview. They checked basic knowledge about testing. QA process, scripting abilities and operating system concepts. After a week I was asked to come down for 1:1 interview. There were about 4 rounds. Each consisting of different competencies. They gave me few scenarios and asked to write test cases. Asked few simple puzzles.

Interview Questions
    • What are daemon processes in operating system?   Answer Question
    • Puzzle about crossing a river with time and combination of cannibals and normal humans conditions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at McAfee in September 2008.

Caveat: This is one of the bizarre interviews I have had so far.
    It was a very straight fwd process. Whole process took just a day. A written exam to start off, not a tough one at all. After screening, we were announced timings for the first round. The initial round was by an HR. He did not have any technical background for sure, so, he just asked two questions on basic math(apti/set theory, whatever you want to call it) and then the round was over. Looked like short-listed people would be called for the next round, interestingly none of the candidates were shortly. I was shocked, but, then it happens.

Interview Questions
    • Question was on set theory. It was some application of demorgan's law. thats it.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McAfee in April 2008.

There were 4 rounds. First one was written round, which was an aptitude test. Second round was interview by a group/panel about knowledge and past jobs. Third round was a one on one with the director and it was detailed grilling of the knowledge and case study kind of situations. Fourth round was the HR round, which was a discussion about the Salary and the joining date.

Interview Questions
    Being a bad negotiater I couldn't bargain much. I got more than what I asked for.

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at McAfee in March 2008.

Interview was a dream process. My hiring manager arranged me to fly in to Bangalore to attend the interview. All the four rounds were conducted one after another with a 30 minutes break. Interview was mature and highly relevant to position.

Interview Questions
    • What is your design philosophy for software products and specifically for security products?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at McAfee.

I have received a call from HR and she set up a call from Hiring Manager. It was 30 minutes interview during which he asked most of the question from my resume, some sql questions.

No negotiation