McAfee Interview Questions & Reviews

3.1

Senior Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at McAfee in November 2010.

I got a call from the HR directly and interview was scheduled after a telephonic interview. There was online test for which you are given some requirements and asked to develop programs for it.

After a few days I again got a call to attend a face to face interview which consisted of 2 rounds. The questions where from SQL server and C#.

After giving the face to face interview, I went back and was called up later in the day and was informed that I will be having another telephonic round. The telephonic round was technical-cum-managerial.

Interview Questions

The offer was less than earlier discussed (ie discussed with the HR prior to going for the interview)

QA Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at McAfee in June 2010.

There were two rounds of technical interview. They asked only final year project related questions and some basic dbms ones. Out of sixty only one got selected. Nice company. Disappointed that I did not get through.

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at McAfee in September 2008.

Caveat: This is one of the bizarre interviews I have had so far.
    It was a very straight fwd process. Whole process took just a day. A written exam to start off, not a tough one at all. After screening, we were announced timings for the first round. The initial round was by an HR. He did not have any technical background for sure, so, he just asked two questions on basic math(apti/set theory, whatever you want to call it) and then the round was over. Looked like short-listed people would be called for the next round, interestingly none of the candidates were shortly. I was shocked, but, then it happens.

Interview Questions
    • Question was on set theory. It was some application of demorgan's law. thats it.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McAfee in April 2008.

There were 4 rounds. First one was written round, which was an aptitude test. Second round was interview by a group/panel about knowledge and past jobs. Third round was a one on one with the director and it was detailed grilling of the knowledge and case study kind of situations. Fourth round was the HR round, which was a discussion about the Salary and the joining date.

Interview Questions
    Being a bad negotiater I couldn't bargain much. I got more than what I asked for.

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Aylesbury, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Aylesbury, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McAfee in July 2014.

I've applied online and it took them about 2 weeks to reply.

- It starts with a 20 minute HR Interview which includes some simple technical questions about linked lists, pointers, algorithms etc..

- If you pass that, you get invited to the main office, the interview was 2 hours long which included a QA test, programming test, whiteboard testing and 2 interviews, one technical and the other was a biographical interview.

Overall it was quite a tough experience, and they do give you feedback after a week.

Interview Questions
    • Compare Java to C++, and explain why would you choose to one instead of the other. There was also some questions about concurrency   Answer Question

Senior UI Developer Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at McAfee in March 2014.

don't remember when I applied to this position. And someday I just receive an email about a phone interview. It's a conmen interview. Asked about my background. When he heard about that I am a new graduate. He just said thank you and hang the phone. And there's no more info heard. I think they want someone more experienced. And obviously I am not that experienced in this field.

Anyway, their attitude was nice. Just don't match.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Cork (Ireland)
    Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at McAfee in July 2014.

First a phone interview with an internal recruiter regarding my CV and my motivations. After this, an interview in their office with a senior manager. He explained the job and the company and then he checked the CV and asked about me, my technical skills and my strengths in the sale field. The senior manager was very kind to me and professional, I felt at ease with him. I thought it was a good work environment, I am really excited about this position and I hope to get an offer. I'm waiting for their feedback.

Partner Operations Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at McAfee in June 2014.

2-3 weeks after initial phone screening with the recruiter a phone interview was scheduled with the hiring manager (Director) but she could not make it at the last minute & I was interviewed by her senior manager. After that 2 weeks later I was called in for an interview with 4 team members and the Director(hiring manager) of the team.

Surprisingly, I was called in for a particular role but the recruiter had informed the interviewers about a different role. Some serious mismatch happened but I was told both roles were still open which I doubted. I spent 2.5hrs at their office interviewing

After which I did not hear anything for a month. I was not expecting much & my interest level was low but as a courtesy I was expecting a closing considering I went to their office and spent 2-3 hours. So I sent a note to the recruiter to check the status and was told they are proceeding with another candidate.

The whole process, communication and closing out candidates looked very disjointed. Maybe the recruiters are overworked or just do not have a process to track which candidate is being sent for which role.

Interview Questions
    • Map out the process for launching new features in an existing product and getting buy in from Eng..   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee in May 2014.

Applied online but called for a different postion. But bad experirnce.Two times the hiring manager missed the phone call. and twice rescheduled on site interview at the last minute.

Interview Questions
    • Very good Interview. Only questions pertaining to the job .   View Answer

Lead Development Representative Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee in October 2013.

First interview: with the HR: Usuallu goes well, with casual questions about why you want to work there, what experiences you've had in sales and marketing, what skills do you have, any success you'd like to talk about...
    Second interview: with the manager: A bit more technical, about what your aspirations are, how you react to failures, skills...
    Third interview: Face to face with the manager