McAfee

Updated 9 Dec 2014

3.1

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McAfee in August 2009.

Phone Interview - Windows Internals, C++
    F2F + Coding Test - Standard Multithreading Problem in C++.
    1:1 With Technical Management Panel - Standard questions.
    Phone Interview - Remote Manager - Design + Process + Architecture.
    Phone HR - Offer

Interview Questions
    Be sure you understand clearly with which group you are working with and understand what they do. Speak with engineers to get a clear understanding.

Associate Software Dev Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McAfee in June 2009.

I was structured interview. Only 1 interview with normal puzzles and Data Structures question

There was no negotiation

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McAfee in September 2008.

I got interview call through employee referral. First round was phone interview. They checked basic knowledge about testing. QA process, scripting abilities and operating system concepts. After a week I was asked to come down for 1:1 interview. There were about 4 rounds. Each consisting of different competencies. They gave me few scenarios and asked to write test cases. Asked few simple puzzles.

Interview Questions
    • What are daemon processes in operating system?   Answer Question
    • Puzzle about crossing a river with time and combination of cannibals and normal humans conditions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at McAfee in September 2008.

Caveat: This is one of the bizarre interviews I have had so far.
    It was a very straight fwd process. Whole process took just a day. A written exam to start off, not a tough one at all. After screening, we were announced timings for the first round. The initial round was by an HR. He did not have any technical background for sure, so, he just asked two questions on basic math(apti/set theory, whatever you want to call it) and then the round was over. Looked like short-listed people would be called for the next round, interestingly none of the candidates were shortly. I was shocked, but, then it happens.

Interview Questions
    • Question was on set theory. It was some application of demorgan's law. thats it.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McAfee in April 2008.

There were 4 rounds. First one was written round, which was an aptitude test. Second round was interview by a group/panel about knowledge and past jobs. Third round was a one on one with the director and it was detailed grilling of the knowledge and case study kind of situations. Fourth round was the HR round, which was a discussion about the Salary and the joining date.

Interview Questions
    Being a bad negotiater I couldn't bargain much. I got more than what I asked for.

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at McAfee in March 2008.

Interview was a dream process. My hiring manager arranged me to fly in to Bangalore to attend the interview. All the four rounds were conducted one after another with a 30 minutes break. Interview was mature and highly relevant to position.

Interview Questions
    • What is your design philosophy for software products and specifically for security products?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee.

Received an initial call from a recruiter against my application, but the recruiter had the wrong position in front of him at first. Once that was clarified, he said the hiring manager was really interested in my resume. He set-up a phone screen which went well, and then he set up four further phone screens with other managers for a total of five interviews. All of these went well, but then I heard nothing back at all. I sent an inquiry email to the recruiter about three weeks later—heard nothing. I sent another one a couple of months later and heard nothing back again. Because the recruiter scheduled two of the phone screens incorrectly and had trouble with time zones, I'm guessing he lost track of me at some point. To not hear anything after two pleasant notes, however, is just rude and there's no other word for it, especially after taking the time to do five phone interviews.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation where two different groups needed your work but you had limited resources and you couldn't satisfy both?   Answer Question

Marketing Communications Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McAfee.

Worked directly with the HR manager and it was a very smooth process. There were three interviews scheduled via email. The first interview was a screening call with the HR manager.

Interview Questions
    • Discussed the technical details of the largest cybercrime events in recent history.   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McAfee.

I was friends with someone who knew I was looking to get my foot in the door in regards to a "corporate" environment, for lack of a better term. She knew someone who was looking for an entry-level type role, one of which would allow for progress, given I met their expectations.

Interview Questions
    • As this was my first "business" interview, everything seemed unexpected! My interviewers made a point to not only emphasize the work ethic and culture, but also to try to get an idea of my personality to help see if I aligned with the businesses' outlook.   View Answer
    I was lucky to receive an amazing benefits package, along with a great starting salary.

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aylesbury, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aylesbury, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McAfee in July 2014.

I've applied online and it took them about 2 weeks to reply.

- It starts with a 20 minute HR Interview which includes some simple technical questions about linked lists, pointers, algorithms etc..

- If you pass that, you get invited to the main office, the interview was 2 hours long which included a QA test, programming test, whiteboard testing and 2 interviews, one technical and the other was a biographical interview.

Overall it was quite a tough experience, and they do give you feedback after a week.

Interview Questions
    • Compare Java to C++, and explain why would you choose to one instead of the other. There was also some questions about concurrency   Answer Question