McAfee Interview Questions

Updated 12 Apr 2015
Updated 12 Apr 2015

3.1

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee (Bangalore) in October 2010.

Interview

2 or 3 face to face rounds with one round with manager and another with HR

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee (Bangalore) in October 2010.

Interview

The hiring process usually consist of 3 technical rounds followed by a discussion with Manager/HR on compensation and a final discussion with the director. The second round is a code test round where candidates are supposed to solve coding challenges.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McAfee (Bangalore) in October 2010.

Interview

There were several rounds of interview, and I was asked about my salary information by the person who interviewed me first. Later on, I realised that he wasn't ask about my salary.

However, every other round that I went through was highly professional, and the HR team was also very helpful and friendly.

The first day was smooth, and I felt very welcome.

Interview Questions

• They needed me to justify why I'd like to quit my current job, and I felt that this was somewhat tricky.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation. They were very rigid on what they wanted to offer.

QA Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at McAfee (Bangalore) in June 2010.

Interview

There were two rounds of technical interview. They asked only final year project related questions and some basic dbms ones. Out of sixty only one got selected. Nice company. Disappointed that I did not get through.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McAfee (Bangalore) in April 2010.

Interview

aptitude and technical test
    testing an application
    3 technical interviews from different teams
    managerial interview
    hr round

Interview Questions

• completely technical and few on the aptitude side.
      all questions were based on the projects mentioned

Answer Question

Negotiation

offer upto market standards

Senior Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee (Bangalore) in February 2010.

Interview

Multiple rounds of phone interviews from Sr. leadership team from India and US followed by a face to face interview by a panel of hiring manager and other sr leadership. Overall interview process was done quickly post this final offer took too long...

Interview Questions

• Nothing specific. Mostly tried to see the fitment to the specific role.   Answer Question

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at McAfee (Bangalore) in February 2010.

Interview

asked so many questions covering all the topics . but no process/methodology related questions . good attitude lakes you success ion interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not negotiated

Technical Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McAfee (Bangalore) in August 2009.

Interview

Phone Interview - Windows Internals, C++
    F2F + Coding Test - Standard Multithreading Problem in C++.
    1:1 With Technical Management Panel - Standard questions.
    Phone Interview - Remote Manager - Design + Process + Architecture.
    Phone HR - Offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be sure you understand clearly with which group you are working with and understand what they do. Speak with engineers to get a clear understanding.

Associate Software Dev Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McAfee (Bangalore) in June 2009.

Interview

I was structured interview. Only 1 interview with normal puzzles and Data Structures question

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McAfee (Bangalore) in September 2008.

Interview

I got interview call through employee referral. First round was phone interview. They checked basic knowledge about testing. QA process, scripting abilities and operating system concepts. After a week I was asked to come down for 1:1 interview. There were about 4 rounds. Each consisting of different competencies. They gave me few scenarios and asked to write test cases. Asked few simple puzzles.

Interview Questions

• What are daemon processes in operating system?   Answer Question
    • Puzzle about crossing a river with time and combination of cannibals and normal humans conditions   Answer Question