McAfee

McAfee Senior Software Development Engineer Interview Questions

3.7

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McAfee in December 2013.

It was employee referal. I had 1 telephonic, 1 technical, 1 technical manager and 1 HR. It started with telephonic round, more on c++ questoins : virtual destructor, constructors, virtual functions. Then next day i was called for face to face where more focus on linux kernel internals and asked to write a program to implement singleton pattern. Then after a week i got a call for technical manager round where questions are on network security and networking fundamentals. Then Final HR round

Interview Questions
  • Bit deeper into c++ but not tough, all standard c++ questions. Be prepared with networking basics, c, c++, data structures.   Answer Question
One of the best HR round. There was no negotiation, they offered what i was looking for.

Other Interview Reviews for McAfee

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at McAfee in June 2013.

The first round is Written test with many tough questions of C++ to finish within 30 mts.
    The second and third round are technical rounds, fourth round is directly you are given a laptop to write a Program and demonstrate the results.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McAfee in January 2013.

The process had 1 written exam and 3 rounds of tech interviews.Questions in the written exam: program to implement a Stack in Java, improvise it for generics, implement a queue in Java( without using Collections API), what are private final methods, difference between equals and ==, difference between equals and hashCode.
    Technical Interview Questions: What are the ways to create an Object, Executor Framework, Concurrent APIs, Singleton Pattern, Database questions-stored procedure vs functions, clustered vs non-clustered index, design questions (design a client-server software which will install McAfee agent into an enterprise having thousands of computers), how will you take care of singleton in clustered environment.
    Then there were few telephonic round of interviews with people at US.

Interview Questions
    • If there are 1000 products procuced per minute and 5 consumed per minute, design an optimum using Java Concurrent Packages so that neither producers nor consumers hog the system.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee in January 2012.

First 2 rounds were the telephonic interview.
    1st one was taken by dev engineer: Basically networing, OS, Kernel.
    2nd round was taken by the hiring manager: He focused on puzzles, and expectations.

Then I was called for F2F, where I have 3 technical, 1 HR, 1 discussion with hire management, then I was offered and i excepted it.

Interview Questions
    The HR offer me a package, I will says he was not at all friendly, I will suggest him to improve in this field. Well the hiring manager talked to me and he was convincing. Initially they offered me a draft version. The actual package was offered me 6-7 days after the interview. They have some approval process from US. I will say this approval process is very slow, one other area that needs improvement.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at McAfee in March 2008.

Interview was a dream process. My hiring manager arranged me to fly in to Bangalore to attend the interview. All the four rounds were conducted one after another with a 30 minutes break. Interview was mature and highly relevant to position.

Interview Questions
    • What is your design philosophy for software products and specifically for security products?   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aylesbury, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aylesbury, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at McAfee in March 2008.

After talking to the recruiter, and going through the usual "skills checklist" and "small talk" (personality assessment?), a phone interview (by the hiring manager) was conducted. The interview was mainly technical.

After that, a series of interviews was booked (all during the course of one day). First, there was a C++ test (to be solved by developing software on a stand-alone computer), followed by a 1:1 with the hiring manager (of a technical background), then a 1:1 with the director for the division (the hiring manager's manager).

Interview Questions
    • Can't quite remember. Everything was reasonable for the technical level they were hiring for.   View Answer
    As I already had an offer from another company at the time of the interviews, McAfee moved forward quite quickly, and made an offer on the next day, quoting they weren't interested in a "bidding war" with the other company.