McAfee

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Development Engineer

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at McAfee in June 2014.

Interview Details interview process was good first was technical round fllowed by interview process. difficult questions
question were on c/c++, sql .phython. be prepared toughness. mcafee is tough to crack. i think it will be helpful

Interview Question – programming or coding   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at McAfee in April 2014.

Interview Details telephonic round was there for the post of software engineer in java technology. it was around 1 hour and 30 minuts long. there was java's technical questions and some data structure's question. basic of java core and link list and queue insersion and deletion. there was 2-3 puzzuls

Interview Question – There are three box with apple, orange and apple+orange, all three are identical, one have to know which box have which fruit exactly and one can open one box maximum.   Answer Question

Bangalore

I interviewed at McAfee in March 2013.

Interview Details i was called for interview through elitmus but when i reached there i found out there were several rounds. The first round was a technical interview and it was focused on data structures. The second round was a coding exercise(very tough) but the good part is the questions are repeated.

Interview Question – making functions to find out the length of largest left and right substrings in a number whose sum is equal   Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied through college or university and interviewed at McAfee.

Interview Details 2 stages of selection for interview shortlisting. An eLitmus percentile of 98+ followed by a Multiple choice quiz on computer science, Data structures and programming fundamentals. The latter should not be much of a problem if you are thorough with the basics, though getting a good eLitmus score is the hard part. The job role included a combination of development and testing.

Interview Questions

• Design a data structure where insertion, deletion, data access and get random element are all done in O(1), i.e., constant time. (Without using STL or Hash tables)   View Answer
  • Many coding questions about friend functions in C++.   Answer Question

Kfar Saba (Israel)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McAfee.

Interview Details At the time of the interview, there were 2 open positions. A software development position and a security research position. I couldn't decide which of them I wanted more, so I applied to both of them, which caused an increase of the number of interviews.
All interviewers were professional and didn't try to make the interview too technical, which I liked

Interview Question – I had to spot a security problem in c code   Answer Question

McLean, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee in April 2011.

Interview Details had 1 phone interview which was fully technical.. Asked about work exp, database, netowrking and OO concepts.. a bit of algorithms... he was mostly seeing whether my basics were good..
onsite interview had 4 rounds.. 2 were more on projects, challenges faced etc. Others were technical on similar topics and asked to write code on the board.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – yes. add 10k more and tell u were expecting that much.. he/she may increase by 3-4k

Worked for McAfee? Contribute to the Community!