Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at McAfee
- Software Engineer (8)
- Senior Software Engineer (8)
- Software Development Engineer (7)
- Inside Sales Representative (7)
- Senior Software Development Engineer (6)
- Software QA Engineer (6)
- Intern (5)
- Software Developer (4)
- Manager (4)
- Lead Development Representative (4)
- Engineering (3)
- Associate Software Engineer (3)
- Software Development Engineer In Test (3)
- Senior Software QA Engineer (3)
- Marketing Manager (3)
- Graduate Software Engineer (2)
- Summer Intern (2)
- Sales Engineer (2)
- Technical Lead (2)
- Project Manager (2)
- Principal Engineer (2)
- Program Manager (2)
- Associate Software Dev Engineer (2)
- Business Analyst (1)
- Database Administrator (1)
- Insides Sales Account Manager Corporate (1)
- Partner Operations Manager (1)
- Lead Level (1)
- Tier II Technical Support Engineer (1)
- Onsite Security Support Account Manager (1)
1 person found this helpful
Technical Lead Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week – interviewed at McAfee in June 2012.
The hiring was pretty good and it was very methodical process. I was interviewed for a technical lead position and I got an interview call through a consultant.
First HR person called and informed me about interview process completely. Then I had one telephonic interview and 3 personal interviews. 2 Technical levels and 1 management round. Then followed by some US interview.
The HR seems to very co-operative and he was online when my entire US interview was going on.
Then final local HR interview happened and I got selected .
- 1st round telephonic round was simple. Some basic C++ questions with practical things like how did i handle it ?.
For e..g, I was interviewed for windows internals , so How to debug a particualar problem and how it was fixed. and C++ questions on inheritance.
2nd round on direct Hands - on, they gave a PC to me and asked to write a code on implementing stack and queue from linked list with ~1 hours time. I finished that.
3rd round was more interesting like how do a data structure for particular situation( I don't remember exact situation) and why did I choose that data structure ?. This guy seems like some manager ( not hiring manager, but he did evaluate me in general as well with some puzzles)
4th round was from US, then it was related to behavior and attitude in team work and how do i resolved conflicts with a team.
5th round was hiring manager and HR round. Pretty standard stuff, like about team structure and McAfee advantage...etc. View Answer
I had a better offer with some other company, hence didn't join.
But later on I got excellent feedback about this company, but it was too late for me to go back.
Other Interview Reviews for McAfee
Technical Lead InterviewApplication Details
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days – interviewed at McAfee in August 2009.Interview Details
Phone Interview - Windows Internals, C++
F2F + Coding Test - Standard Multithreading Problem in C++.
1:1 With Technical Management Panel - Standard questions.
Phone Interview - Remote Manager - Design + Process + Architecture.
Phone HR - OfferInterview Questions
Negotiation DetailsBe sure you understand clearly with which group you are working with and understand what they do. Speak with engineers to get a clear understanding.Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
- Template related questions. Answer Question