McDonald's

694 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Management Trainee Interview

Delhi

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in April 2011.

Interview Details group discussion- HR interview - Personal interview - On the Job Evaluation, this process take around 1 month to finish

Customer Service Representative Interview

Koch

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6 months - interviewed at McDonald's in September 2010.

Interview Details it was in an advitisement that Mcdonalds Uae recruiting crew.

Interview Question – why do u leave u r last job?   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Crew Member
Kalamboli

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at McDonald's in May 2011.

Interview Details First the interviewer took the PI round. Then he asked me about the salary expectations & my willingness to work for overtime if required. I replied calmly & positively. I got through it.

Interview Questions

• If required are you willing to work till late night..   View Answers (4)
  • Salary will be paid to you by per hour rate, Are you ok with it..   View Answer

Management Trainee Interview

New Delhi

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in January 2010.

Interview Details Was monotonus based on checklist, mostly focussed on team work, initiative skills and leadership skills.

Cashier Interview

Jersey City, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at McDonald's in April 2014.

Interview Details Great interview, we talked about life in generl, my experiences and stuff it was overall a good interview, greate person to talk too and and was very nice and was very interested in what i had to say. Good location too.

Interview Question – How would you handle a fight.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Not enough money

Crew Member Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details Applied online, got a call to come in and interview. There was a list of 5 basic interview questions that the interviewer read from, which were pretty easy. The interview was in the dining area surrounded by customers. Was offered the job that day and came back the next day to start training.

Interview Question – What is your greatest strength   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, never even discussed. Was just assumed that it was minimum wage.

Regional Training Consultant Interview

Bethesda, MD (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in March 2014.

Interview Details Initial contact was made by Transition Assistance Recruiter. Once application was submitted I received a call from the McDonald's recruiter for a phone screen, after the phone screen I was asked to attend an initial face to face interview at the Regional HQ. That process took about 2 weeks. Next I was asked to return a week later to meet with the QSCVP and his team consisting of Operation Directors and Training Managers. Both interview sessions were conducted very professionally and felt more like a conversation with a close friend than the usual grilling/ impersonal type interview. Once that was successfully completed, I was invited to conduct an on the job evaluation where you work 2 days in a store shadowing the manager getting a feel for the operations and pace of the fast food environment. It also allows for the company to see how you fit in their culture. Once I successfully completed that I was contacted again by the McDonald's recruiter to submit my background check paperwork. A few days later I received a call from the Regional HR rep notifying me that I was offered the position and the parameters that came with it. In all the process took about 30 days.

Interview Question – The most difficult question....let me see I guess it would be what was my favorite meal from McDonald's luckily I had just experienced the new Clubhouse Burger and was impressed enough to call it my new favorite McDonald's meal.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – In the negotiation process I asked and received a firm confirmation that the offer received was both above average and included enough perks to strengthen the offer.

Certified Shift Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details When they call you anwer you interview that's it

Interview Question – If you are getting an interview you are probably already hired if your a crew person   Answer Question

Operations Intern Interview

Tampa, FL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in April 2014.

Interview Details It was a great process. I enjoyed the process. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. It took a pretty long time to interview since there were many other candidates. I had a phone interview then a 1:1 interview. Many of the questions were repeated to test consistency as well as knowledge about McDonalds

Interview Question – Are your grades an important representation of who you are?   Answer Question

McDonalds Cashier Interview

Skokie, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in February 2013.

Interview Details I applied online for a night shift, part-time, crew position. About a week later, I received a phone call from the manager asking me to come in for an interview later that week. I complied, and went into the McDonald's about 10 minutes early wearing a white button down shirt, khakis, and standard leather business shoes. I asked to speak with the manager, and was told to wait at one of the booths. There was another candidate, also waiting to be interviewed. The manager sat down with us about 10 minutes after the assigned time, and proceeded to interview us separately. My interview was over in about 15 minutes, and so was the other candidate's. After which the manager gave each of us a coupon for a free meal, and said she would call. I had no idea whether I was going to be hired or not at that point.
About a week later, the manager called me to come in and fill out some paperwork, which consisted of the standard forms, proof of citizenship, etc. I was given a uniform and had to watch about an hours worth of training videos in their tiny employee lounge, for which I was paid. After finishing the videos, I was shown how to work the register, and served a few customers. The manager showed me where the work schedule was posted, which I hadn't been added to yet. I had to rely on the manager calling me in until she added me to the formal schedule.
Now remember, I had applied to do night-shift crew work, but the manager only had me doing day work as a cashier. They never trained me on how to make McFlurries, ice cream sundaes and cones, McCafe drinks, or how to make any food. Their training was absolutely awful, and I had to teach myself by watching others. They barely trained me on using the register, making coffee, assembling meals, and had me watch a crappy 2 minute video on making fries. During rush periods, sometimes no one was working the fries, and I had to leave the register to cook and assemble fries for customers. The first time this happened, the manager was surprised saying "YOU KNOW HOW TO MAKE FRIES?" I had to stop myself from replying, "No thanks to you."

Interview Question – The most difficult question was "What is your main weakness?" But that is only difficult if you haven't thought about your answer prior to the interview, which you should have, as this is a standard question you'll get at pretty much all interviews for the rest of your life.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The "negotiation" was the manager asking me during the interview what I expected to be paid. As this was my first "formal" job (I had worked for cash at an estate sales company before) and a fast food job at that, I didn't expect to make much more than minimum wage.

Interviews for Top Jobs at McDonald's

Worked for McDonald's? Contribute to the Community!

McDonald's Videos

McDonald's – Why Work for Us?

Can you imagine a world without the Big Mac? Or Chicken McNuggets? Or Happy Meals? Luckily, back in 1954, a man named Ray Kroc discovered a small burger restaurant in California, and wrote the first page of our history… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McDonald's interview questions and advice. All 694 interview reviews are posted anonymously by McDonald's employees and interview candidates.