McGladrey LLP Interview Questions

Updated 17 Oct 2014
Updated 17 Oct 2014

2.6

Full Time Interview

Was given a Tour around the office after meeting with your assigned buddy. This was follwoed by two short interviews. After the interviews you will go back to the room with all the other interviewers and learn more about the form. Maybe a partner will come in and tell you about his/her experience. They then took us to lunch where we were able to further learn about other employees.

Consulting Interview

I met the company at career fair and got invited to the on-campus interviews. Everyone I met from McGladrey was very welcoming and not intimidating, which made it easy to communicate and be yourself around them. I got to meet my interviewer the night before at a social event. The on-campus interview included a case study (they just want to see the way you think) and mostly behavioral questions. After the on-campus interviews, I got invited to a pre-interview reception and the in-office interview. Most behavioral questions and conversational interview to get to know you.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no difficult questions. Basically just be yourself and show how you would be a great fit to the company. Show that you have a great personality and that you are interested in learning and growing professionally.   Answer Question

Technology Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

I connected with McGladrey at my University career fair. I did an on campus interview with a full time employee who was not affiliated with HR. The interview was very conversational with behavioral based questions. On a scale of 1 to 5 rank a certain quality.

Interview Questions
    • The ranking system took my back but it is just a reworded way of asking your strengths and weaknesses.n   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

On campus interview for their office in NY. They have a no stress interview which means they don't ask you questions. So unless you have a really awesome partner you can gel with the interview can get really awkward. My best advice is just to let them do all the talking.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

A pre-interview social the day before the interview. Mainly just talking to the tax manager and taz director about just anything in general. It was just a social event to see if you were able to carry on conversations. The next day was the on campus interview with the Tax director for 30 minutes. The HR and a greeter will be there to talk to you before the interview. The interview was really conversational with not a single behavioral question. It made me question how they really evaluate you as a candidate. They basically just hire the person they like I guess. The interview was enjoyable and the interview ended up went 20 minutes over time because I was the last one to be interviewed. I did not get a invitation to the second round interview and I have no idea what I did wrong.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Mcgladrey?
      Why Tax?
      Are you going to be in the area?
        View Answer

Tax Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

I was called within a few days of submitting my resume for an in-office interview. I met with a manager for an interview that lasted over an hour. It was very casual and we mostly talked about my schooling and current job and my attitude towards public accounting. I received a call two days later with an offer with a week to accept. They had a partner follow up to see if I had any questions.

Interview Questions
    Unwilling to negotiate for an internship.

Tax Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2014.

There was only one interview. So, I met with the Tax Manager and we had a conversation type interview. It was really relaxed, and I think they were seeing if I could just sit down and have a conversation. There were some questions, but they were all very basic and expected.

Intern Interview

I met the firm at a career fair initially applying for an internship postion. I ended up interviewing with the firm on campus and was accepted to their leadership program. At the program the firm interviewed for internship positions. The interviews were certainly a surprise to the candidates as the interviews were not shown explicitly on the schedule.

Interview Questions
    • Not very technical questions. The most difficult questions for me were behavioral questions, but with a few good stories in mind they become easier to answer.   Answer Question

Winter Assurance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in August 2014.

I got the interview after participating in the Summer Pathways Program. I interviewed with two people, 30 minutes each. It was a conversational type of interview. They asked me typical questions like "tell me about yourself," "why audit?" "why Mcgladrey" and one behavioral question. It was very relaxing, I was very myself.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I knew someone who worked in the office and they passed my resume on to HR. I had a simple phone interview followed by an office interview with 2 directors / Senior managers. The interview was very conversational and just looking to see how I would fit in with the firm. There were no technical questions or behavioral questions but more just trying to learn about my personality and working habits.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest question to answer was just how I think I fit into their culture. With someone coming from very little work experience it was difficult for me to think of things that would add value to their firm.   Answer Question