McGladrey LLP

Updated 26 Feb 2015
Updated 26 Feb 2015

2.6

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interviewed with two Partners and a Director of Development. The primary questions were regarding my sales experience. The firm was certainly looking for more of a salesman than someone with audit expertise.

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Met company at my University's career fair, which led to an invite to an on-campus interview. Everything was very straightforward. The recruiter was very nice and made me feel comfortable throughout. Everybody that I met from the company was very nice! I look forward to my interning with the company as it truly seems to be a great experience.

Summer Leadership Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in February 2015.

Met at the on campus Career Fair, and was prompted to apply through the school's career center website. Selected for an interview within a week. They held a pre interview social so you could meet your interviewer before the actual interview. Interview lasted 30 minutes and was very laid back.

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in February 2015.

I applied through my school's Career website and then they emailed me to set up an interview date and time that they were going to be on campus for.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were fairly simple and it was more conversational rather than an actual interview. One thing that I would strongly advise is that make sure you know your resume front and back, and also be ready to talk about ALL of the things that you have listed on your resume.   Answer Question

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in February 2015.

I was asked to interview after meeting representatives at my school's career fair. Interview was super relaxed and conversational. Took about 30 min, half of which was the interviewer telling me about himself and the program itself. He gave me time to ask any questions I had, so make sure you have questions prepared. He made jokes and was very nice, so it wasn't intimidating at all.

Interview Questions
    • How did you end up at this school and in Accounting? What is your bucket list before graduating? Tell me about yourself...   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Intensive interview process. Was pleased to make it through the process. Didn't get a job offer (yet) but can honestly say they have an in-depth approach as apposed to glancing through resumes.

Assurance Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Went to Meet the Firms in CSULA and talked to an associate. She kindly forwarded my resume to the recruiter and eventually got an email from the HR Department. I was invited to a social the night before my interview, went through the interview process the following day. Went through 3 interviews in total. Must be prepared to answer plenty of questions and have plenty of questions to ask.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

It was through our school career website. It didn't take more than a week. A HR called me and asked several basic questions, such as what is my GPA, where I was academically, and interest... The lady was really nice and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • I had to take an Auditing exam, which was really hard. They require the score needs to be above 90%.   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

I applied through my university and first had a 30 minute interview on-campus with a Partner. Then I was invited to the Company's local office to interview. I had 2 interviews, 30 minutes each, with a Partner and a Manager. The interviews were more conversational. Both individuals I interviewed with were friendly and easy to talk to. I got an offer about two days later.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't asked any really difficult questions. Some I was asked were tell me about yourself, why McGladrey, why assurance, why the middle-market, talk about your previous internship experience.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate, I just accepted the offer that was provided.

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Standard interview process. First round--on campus. Second round--office visit with three interviewers.

It's important to make a good impression at events during the pre-interview stage. Getting to know the firm and the people handling recruiting at career fairs and social events goes a long way towards doing well during more formal interviews. I had already established a good report with my first-round interviewer at prior events, so the actual interview went very smoothly.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Interviews were mainly behavioral.   View Answer