McGladrey LLP

Relevance Date Difficulty

CPE Compliance Coordinator Interview

CPE Compliance Coordinator
Bloomington, MN (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in November 2011.

Interview Details Had a phone interview then a face to face interview. Very laid back and very comfortable setting.

Interview Question – They were all very easy and did not make feel uncomfortable   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, they offered me more then I asked for

Tax Intern Interview

Tax Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in February 2014.

Interview Details Short 30 minute on campus interview with one person. A second-round office interview consisting of two 45 minute interviews. Questions general and covering the resume and school. One or two behavioral but nothing unexpected.

Interview Question – Tell about a time you had a group project that had problems, how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Consulting Associate Interview

Consulting Associate

Interviewed at McGladrey LLP

Interview Details This is a combination of behavioral and situational interviews. Prior experience and communication skills are key. You meet with a Senior, Manager/Director and Partner. HR is nice and friendly. It's a half hour to 45 minute interview with each. They are mid market, so its essential to know specific industries and not be too demanding.

Interview Question – They will just ask you something you don't have experience with. It's how you answer that counts. Be prepared to answer questions on how you manage staff, leadership and your future career path/goals.   Answer Question

Pathways Program Interview

Pathways Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in February 2014.

Interview Details Super relaxed process. Spoke with them at my schools career fair and they asked me to interview with them at on campus interviews. I was really nervous but it was laid back. All they wanted to do was get to know you. They asked the typical questions of why McGladrey? Why not the big 4?

Interview Question – None were difficult. No behavioral based questions. Just be yourself!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was for a leadership 2 day program no negotiating.

Intern Interview

Intern
Blue Bell, PA (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in December 2013.

Interview Details I interviewed with two different people. The first being someone who was high up in auditing (I'm not sure if he was a partner or not), and the second being someone in HR. The entire process took about 30-40 minutes. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. I applied online and then I called a few days later to ask if they were hiring, and I got an interview.

Interview Question – What kind of culture do you want to work for
Describe a difficult situation you had in the past and how you worked through it.
(Questions were not very difficult)
  View Answer

Assurance Associate Interview

Assurance Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details The people I spoke with, both on campus and office interviews, were incredibly nice. The conversation flowed easy, it was more about getting to know each other than reciting accounting skills or ideas I've mastered. The company defiantly tries to get people that match the company culture.

Interview Question – I was asked if I was interested in the big 4 and why I did not want to work there.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received a phone call with the offer. I asked McGladrey to email me the contract before I made any decisions. I emailed the contract once I decided to accept.

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Summer Leadership Program
Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in January 2014.

Interview Details Applied at Univ career website. Met one associate, two partners, and recruiter at career fair. Followed up with e-mail. Interviewed on campus shortly afterward.

Interview Question – Conversational talk. Very friendly and interesting interviewer which makes the process enjoyable for both of us. Why accounting? GPA? Who else from firm I've met?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at McGladrey LLP

Interview Details Very conversational, future-oriented questions

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Assurance Associate

I applied online and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in December 2011.

Interview Details Extremely disorganized recruitment process and vetting of new employees. I went for a first interview and never heard back until almost 2 months later when they were desperate for people. The day I had my second interview, the last associate in the entire office had quit. I should have stayed away.

Interview Question – The interview was mostly conversational. They ask the usual questions about your background and why you want to work there.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much of a negotiation phase since this was an entry-level position. The firm is in collusion with other accounting firms in the area to keep all salaries for positions the same, regardless of your skill set.

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Summer Leadership Program
Gainesville, FL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in January 2014.

Interview Details Interview was extremely laid-back and was an extension of the conversation I had previously had with the partner. Some of the usual questions about my resume, but most of the time I spent asking him questions. The entire process seems to be a feeling out and finding the proper "fit" between myself and McGladrey. No technical questions were asked.

Interview Question – What can McGladrey to improve as a Company?   Answer Question