McGladrey LLP Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.6

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

I was a campus recruit and I got to the office visit level . The campus recruiter was very friendly, she remembered me from numerous interactions prior and she answered any question I had. I then met with various tax partners who didn't ask me very many questions about the job, they were mainly focused on my personality and things I am interested in.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions, which was a nice change of pace, compared to an interview with a big 4 firm. I could tell McGladrey was trying to hire the best person and not the person with the highest GPA.   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Met with a campus recruiter at Career Fair. Offered an on-campus interview with one of the partners who was an alumni. Very simple behavioral based interview where he made me feel very comfortable. Went to NYC for in-office interview where I was with a group of roughly 15 other students applying. We were all separated and met with 2 different partners for 2 30-minute interviews. One of the partners was a bit condescending so I could tell it didn't go too well. After the interviews, two entry level staff members took a small group of us out to lunch. Overall was a nice day-long process with the exception of the one partner making me a few rude comments during the interview.

Manager Interview

It was a straight forward process and interviewers were professional and pleasant.

Pathways Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview was conversational. The interviewer asked questions off of my resume and we went from there. She spent awhile talking about what the program entails.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself? What do you know about McGladrey?   Answer Question

Summer Leadership Comference Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in March 2014.

I applied through my college and interviewed on campus.

Interview Questions
    • Not a difficult interview, just a conversation about my resume and company.   Answer Question

CPE Compliance Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bloomington, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in November 2011.

Had a phone interview then a face to face interview. Very laid back and very comfortable setting.

Interview Questions
    • They were all very easy and did not make feel uncomfortable   Answer Question
    None, they offered me more then I asked for

Tax Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in February 2014.

Short 30 minute on campus interview with one person. A second-round office interview consisting of two 45 minute interviews. Questions general and covering the resume and school. One or two behavioral but nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time you had a group project that had problems, how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Consulting Associate Interview

This is a combination of behavioral and situational interviews. Prior experience and communication skills are key. You meet with a Senior, Manager/Director and Partner. HR is nice and friendly. It's a half hour to 45 minute interview with each. They are mid market, so its essential to know specific industries and not be too demanding.

Interview Questions
    • They will just ask you something you don't have experience with. It's how you answer that counts. Be prepared to answer questions on how you manage staff, leadership and your future career path/goals.   Answer Question

Pathways Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in February 2014.

Super relaxed process. Spoke with them at my schools career fair and they asked me to interview with them at on campus interviews. I was really nervous but it was laid back. All they wanted to do was get to know you. They asked the typical questions of why McGladrey? Why not the big 4?

Interview Questions
    • None were difficult. No behavioral based questions. Just be yourself!   Answer Question
    It was for a leadership 2 day program no negotiating.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Blue Bell, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in December 2013.

I interviewed with two different people. The first being someone who was high up in auditing (I'm not sure if he was a partner or not), and the second being someone in HR. The entire process took about 30-40 minutes. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. I applied online and then I called a few days later to ask if they were hiring, and I got an interview.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of culture do you want to work for
      Describe a difficult situation you had in the past and how you worked through it.
      (Questions were not very difficult)
        View Answer