McGladrey LLP Interview Questions

2.6

Intern Interview

Very conversational, future-oriented questions

Pathways Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in February 2014.

Super relaxed process. Spoke with them at my schools career fair and they asked me to interview with them at on campus interviews. I was really nervous but it was laid back. All they wanted to do was get to know you. They asked the typical questions of why McGladrey? Why not the big 4?

Interview Questions
    • None were difficult. No behavioral based questions. Just be yourself!   Answer Question
    It was for a leadership 2 day program no negotiating.

Tax Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP in February 2014.

Short 30 minute on campus interview with one person. A second-round office interview consisting of two 45 minute interviews. Questions general and covering the resume and school. One or two behavioral but nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time you had a group project that had problems, how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in January 2014.

Interview was extremely laid-back and was an extension of the conversation I had previously had with the partner. Some of the usual questions about my resume, but most of the time I spent asking him questions. The entire process seems to be a feeling out and finding the proper "fit" between myself and McGladrey. No technical questions were asked.

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in January 2014.

Applied at Univ career website. Met one associate, two partners, and recruiter at career fair. Followed up with e-mail. Interviewed on campus shortly afterward.

Interview Questions
    • Conversational talk. Very friendly and interesting interviewer which makes the process enjoyable for both of us. Why accounting? GPA? Who else from firm I've met?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

On campus interview by a senior manager, who was accompanied by a few first years. The next day I was invited to head down to the office for more interviews. For the in-office interview, I interviewed with four people - a senior, a supervisor, a manager, and a partner.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to ask a lot of questions during the interview. In my case, more than one of the interviewers essentially asked me to interview them.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

It was a normal interview process

Interview Questions
    • Not really a difficult question, it was really what skills I had to date   Answer Question

Consulting Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Started with a phone interview. I acutally received an offer directly after the single, phone-based interview. I turned it down as I wanted to meet/speak with other people in the organization who I would be working with and so that I had time to conduct my own due dilligence activities. Over the course of another 6-weeks during which I spoke with a number of other people both directly and by phone, I was told that I had the position but that a starting point would be contingent upon available work closing. The process became a back and forth conversation for the subsequent 6 months until another formal offer was made and we negotiated an agreement.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions that I found to be particularly difficult nor unexpected.   Answer Question
    Fairly short with me turning down the 2nd offer and then negotiating to a mutually agreeable solution.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in December 2013.

I interviewed with two different people. The first being someone who was high up in auditing (I'm not sure if he was a partner or not), and the second being someone in HR. The entire process took about 30-40 minutes. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. I applied online and then I called a few days later to ask if they were hiring, and I got an interview.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of culture do you want to work for
      Describe a difficult situation you had in the past and how you worked through it.
      (Questions were not very difficult)
        View Answer

Assurance Associate Interview

First interaction was at a career fair, applied for the job and was called for an interview. One on one interview got an email for an office interview within 5 days. Office interview consisted of 2 interviews and a lunch. Received offer 9 days later.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions a reasonably prepared person would find difficult, interviews were simple and more conversational.   Answer Question
    I negotiated nothing I liked the offer and the company. It was a phone call then an acceptance via email.