McGladrey LLP Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.6

Assurance Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

The people I spoke with, both on campus and office interviews, were incredibly nice. The conversation flowed easy, it was more about getting to know each other than reciting accounting skills or ideas I've mastered. The company defiantly tries to get people that match the company culture.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I was interested in the big 4 and why I did not want to work there.   Answer Question
    I received a phone call with the offer. I asked McGladrey to email me the contract before I made any decisions. I emailed the contract once I decided to accept.

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in January 2014.

Applied at Univ career website. Met one associate, two partners, and recruiter at career fair. Followed up with e-mail. Interviewed on campus shortly afterward.

Interview Questions
    • Conversational talk. Very friendly and interesting interviewer which makes the process enjoyable for both of us. Why accounting? GPA? Who else from firm I've met?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Very conversational, future-oriented questions

Assurance Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in December 2011.

Extremely disorganized recruitment process and vetting of new employees. I went for a first interview and never heard back until almost 2 months later when they were desperate for people. The day I had my second interview, the last associate in the entire office had quit. I should have stayed away.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was mostly conversational. They ask the usual questions about your background and why you want to work there.   Answer Question
    There wasn't much of a negotiation phase since this was an entry-level position. The firm is in collusion with other accounting firms in the area to keep all salaries for positions the same, regardless of your skill set.

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gainesville, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in January 2014.

Interview was extremely laid-back and was an extension of the conversation I had previously had with the partner. Some of the usual questions about my resume, but most of the time I spent asking him questions. The entire process seems to be a feeling out and finding the proper "fit" between myself and McGladrey. No technical questions were asked.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bethesda, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in December 2010.

The process went smoothly. They wanted to get a better idea of you as a person vs what your resume said.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any technical questions. They were more interested in getting to know your personality   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2011.

On Campus Interviews- 1 manager interview
    In House interviews- 3 interviews with managers/supervisors
    Lunch with associates, senior associates, and supervisors (informal interview to see how you get along with the team)

Interview Questions
    • What is a time you had a challenge and how did you overcome it?
      Do you work well with others? How
        Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

On campus interview by a senior manager, who was accompanied by a few first years. The next day I was invited to head down to the office for more interviews. For the in-office interview, I interviewed with four people - a senior, a supervisor, a manager, and a partner.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to ask a lot of questions during the interview. In my case, more than one of the interviewers essentially asked me to interview them.   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in November 2013.

Applied via Online and was contacted within a week. I spoke with HR and at first everything uneasy - but I assumed HR had an off day. HR set up an in-person office interview w/ two partners and a director. Note that HR provides the interviewer's names - so prepare interview questions to ask them. Ie, I saw that you worked here for X years, (insert question).

Office Interview: Interviewers asked some questions regarding my work experience - however were more concerned about your personality (which is true for most Public accounting firms). My tip is be yourself and be able to recite your resume details (with real-life examples) without looking at it.

Overall prepare by (1) reviewing your resume (2) research recent/major news about McGladrey (3) practice STAR questions (4) prepare questions to ask interviewer

Interview Questions
    • As noted above, interviewers will ask you to walk through resume and give examples of your listed duties.   View Answer

They took over two weeks to extend an offer (obliviously I was on their waitlist since I knew the person they offered first). However, I received an offer from a Big 4 firm during the wait period. So some other poor soul waited even longer to receive their offer. One thing that annoyed me was that the HR was irritated and felt 'betrayed' that I had accepted an other firm's offer.

Human Resources Interview

It was a normal interview process

Interview Questions
    • Not really a difficult question, it was really what skills I had to date   Answer Question