McGladrey LLP Interview Questions

Updated 23 Oct 2014
Updated 23 Oct 2014

2.6

Consulting Associate Interview

This is a combination of behavioral and situational interviews. Prior experience and communication skills are key. You meet with a Senior, Manager/Director and Partner. HR is nice and friendly. It's a half hour to 45 minute interview with each. They are mid market, so its essential to know specific industries and not be too demanding.

Interview Questions
    • They will just ask you something you don't have experience with. It's how you answer that counts. Be prepared to answer questions on how you manage staff, leadership and your future career path/goals.   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

The people I spoke with, both on campus and office interviews, were incredibly nice. The conversation flowed easy, it was more about getting to know each other than reciting accounting skills or ideas I've mastered. The company defiantly tries to get people that match the company culture.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I was interested in the big 4 and why I did not want to work there.   Answer Question
    I received a phone call with the offer. I asked McGladrey to email me the contract before I made any decisions. I emailed the contract once I decided to accept.

Intern Interview

Very conversational, future-oriented questions

Pathways Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in February 2014.

Super relaxed process. Spoke with them at my schools career fair and they asked me to interview with them at on campus interviews. I was really nervous but it was laid back. All they wanted to do was get to know you. They asked the typical questions of why McGladrey? Why not the big 4?

Interview Questions
    • None were difficult. No behavioral based questions. Just be yourself!   Answer Question
    It was for a leadership 2 day program no negotiating.

Tax Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP in February 2014.

Short 30 minute on campus interview with one person. A second-round office interview consisting of two 45 minute interviews. Questions general and covering the resume and school. One or two behavioral but nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time you had a group project that had problems, how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in January 2014.

Interview was extremely laid-back and was an extension of the conversation I had previously had with the partner. Some of the usual questions about my resume, but most of the time I spent asking him questions. The entire process seems to be a feeling out and finding the proper "fit" between myself and McGladrey. No technical questions were asked.

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in January 2014.

Applied at Univ career website. Met one associate, two partners, and recruiter at career fair. Followed up with e-mail. Interviewed on campus shortly afterward.

Interview Questions
    • Conversational talk. Very friendly and interesting interviewer which makes the process enjoyable for both of us. Why accounting? GPA? Who else from firm I've met?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

On campus interview by a senior manager, who was accompanied by a few first years. The next day I was invited to head down to the office for more interviews. For the in-office interview, I interviewed with four people - a senior, a supervisor, a manager, and a partner.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to ask a lot of questions during the interview. In my case, more than one of the interviewers essentially asked me to interview them.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

It was a normal interview process

Interview Questions
    • Not really a difficult question, it was really what skills I had to date   Answer Question

Consulting Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Started with a phone interview. I acutally received an offer directly after the single, phone-based interview. I turned it down as I wanted to meet/speak with other people in the organization who I would be working with and so that I had time to conduct my own due dilligence activities. Over the course of another 6-weeks during which I spoke with a number of other people both directly and by phone, I was told that I had the position but that a starting point would be contingent upon available work closing. The process became a back and forth conversation for the subsequent 6 months until another formal offer was made and we negotiated an agreement.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions that I found to be particularly difficult nor unexpected.   Answer Question
    Fairly short with me turning down the 2nd offer and then negotiating to a mutually agreeable solution.